PDA

View Full Version : Keep espn



Chambers34Phins
11-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Users of cox cable, they are trying to take espn out of your basic channels and make you pay extra for them!

www.keepespn.com

That is just so wrong, we pay an arm and a leg already for cable.

Jimmy James
11-25-2003, 07:55 PM
This issue is bigger than just Cox and ESPN. If Cox makes this work, every cable company will try it with every popular channel. Unfortunately, there isn't too much the rest of us can do other than encourage you Cox subscribers to complain as much and often as possible.

How's that for a bump?

Chambers34Phins
11-25-2003, 07:58 PM
Good bump and good points. I signed that list they will probably present to cox cable. The one under "what can I do" that will tell you if cox does do that. I sure hope not, they will lose so much business, I for own will not be a cox subscriber if they do that.

Rebar71
11-25-2003, 08:06 PM
I have Cox as my ISP too. I got the attached pic in my inbox this morning.

Clicking on it takes you here:

http://www.makethemplayfair.com/

So who's really the bad guy here? I don't know. I haven't had a chance to research it yet. All I know right now is that my cable is already expensive enough.

Chambers34Phins
11-25-2003, 08:10 PM
I still think cox is trying to pick a needless fight.

Muck
11-25-2003, 08:27 PM
20% is a pretty big hike. Perhaps they haven't raised their price in a very long time. Who knows. Somebody got out and do the research. :)

Jimmy James
11-25-2003, 08:32 PM
This is a fight between giants with plenty of skeletons in their closets, so there is ammunition for either side. I think it comes down to the question of whether you want to be able to watch ESPN or whatever other cable networks you like on your TV without a cable box. If Cox succeeds, the answer will be no. You're going to have to shell out the $5 per month (or whatever it is in your area) for a set top box for each TV. If ESPN wins, your cable bill will go up a bit, and ESPN will get that much richer. I wish there were a third option, but I'm for the lesser of the two evils...

Chambers34Phins
11-25-2003, 08:46 PM
They say they have already increased the price of cable to keep up with espn and fox sports and so one. If they want us to pay extra to see these channels, then they better dramtically lower the monthly cable bill.

upstatenydolfan
11-25-2003, 09:00 PM
well i think fox sports is useless, no one really needs it

Rebar71
11-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Speak for yourself. FOX sports does local hockey. I gotta have my Kings games!

Well, they show the games anyway, be we don't get any kind of extended coverage. Out here in SoCal, they'll switch over to USC/UCLA/Lakers news before the final buzzer has even finished sounding.

Dolfan02
11-25-2003, 09:57 PM
Does anyone want to let me know just what the heck is Cox cable??

WeVie
11-26-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Jimmy James
. I wish there were a third option, but I'm for the lesser of the two evils...


There is a third option. It's called Direct TV. I love it and they have not increased there rates in I don't know how many years. It has been a very long time. There is a fourth as well with Dish Network also.

Chambers34Phins
11-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan02
Does anyone want to let me know just what the heck is Cox cable??

Where do you live?

DeDolfan
12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Users of cox cable, they are trying to take espn out of your basic channels and make you pay extra for them!

www.keepespn.com

That is just so wrong, we pay an arm and a leg already for cable.

Drop'em and just go with Directv. never have that to worry aboiut with them, PLUS the priveledge of the Sunday Ticket !!!
boo-yeah !!

iceblizzard69
12-02-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by DeDolfan


Drop'em and just go with Directv. never have that to worry aboiut with them, PLUS the priveledge of the Sunday Ticket !!!
boo-yeah !!

I agree. DirecTV is a million times better than that cable ****. Also, NFL Sunday Ticket is a nice bonus. :)

DeDolfan
12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by WeVie



There is a third option. It's called Direct TV. I love it and they have not increased there rates in I don't know how many years. It has been a very long time. There is a fourth as well with Dish Network also.

That is right. But Directv is the only way [for now] to get the sunday ticket tho.

DeDolfan
12-02-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69


I agree. DirecTV is a million times better than that cable ****. Also, NFL Sunday Ticket is a nice bonus. :)

Ain't it the truth ??!! ;)