PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins interested in CMU WR Antonio Brown

FinAtic8480
03-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Brown, a junior who decided to enter the NFL Draft after CMUs 44-41 win against Troy in the GMAC Bowl on Jan. 6, ran a 40-yard dash time of 4.47 seconds. He has received interest from several NFL teams, including a quick work out with the Miami Dolphins catching punts after the official workouts were complete.
It went really well for me, Brown said. I ran some great routes and I had a chance to run my 40, and I think I improved. I think I really showed my elusiveness and, to have the scouts see me up close, I think they were really impressed.

http://www.cm-life.com/2010/03/24/lefevour-has-mixed-results-in-passing-drills-brown-runs-sub-4-5-40-yard-dash/

This is the third wide receiver I hear Miami has returning kicks and returning punts. Fins seem to be looking for a WR who can take Bess spot at PR duties. It would also not surprise if they are looking for Ginn's permanent replacement as well

thefranchisedef
03-24-2010, 04:57 PM
cough cough, golden tate

DcRy82
03-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd rather have a big wr, but i love Tate.

vafins
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
i really love tate aswell

X-Pacolypse
03-24-2010, 05:49 PM
http://www.cm-life.com/2010/03/24/lefevour-has-mixed-results-in-passing-drills-brown-runs-sub-4-5-40-yard-dash/

This is the third wide receiver I hear Miami has returning kicks and returning punts. Fins seem to be looking for a WR who can take Bess spot at PR duties. It would also not surprise if they are looking for Ginn's permanent replacement as well

They should be looking for his replacement. For all intents and purposes, Ginn blows as a WR. Add to the fact, the ONE thing everybody thought he was supposed to be good at (return duties), he's just average.

Joey23
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah he got lucky on that game against the Jets. While I was jumping off my seat when he was running the second kick I do have to say that his numbers the rest of the season where pretty average and he lacks the thoughness and elusiveness to return punts whatsoever.

I mean if you are going to pay $1.5 mil. a season for a KR he better be able to return punts as well and he better average 20+ yards an attempt.

ChambersWI
03-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Antonio Brown also can be that YAC WR we've been looking for.

Aqua and Orange
03-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I never say this, but I don't think Antonio Brown would be an answer for us. Perhaps as a punt returner, but not #1 WR.

The guy is small at 5-10, and in WR terms weighs as much as a feather: 186 pounds.

Contrast that with D Thomas, who is 6-3, 224 pounds. Yes, I understand that Thomas will go way earlier than this guy, but I think our WR corps have enough members of the Lollipop Guild.

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 10:40 AM
Pretty much investigating anyone that has return ability, as well as players that don't have experience on returns but might be able to fill that role at the next level.

Ted Ginn, your days are numbered.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Pretty much investigating anyone that has return ability, as well as players that don't have experience on returns but might be able to fill that role at the next level.

yep...i wouldn't be surprised one bit if on or before the draft he's dealt...

SR 7
03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Right now its almost certain that Ginn is gone and Smiley.

X-Pacolypse
03-25-2010, 12:21 PM

In the words of celebrity chef, Emril Lagasse...

BAM!!!

X-Pacolypse
03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Right now its almost certain that Ginn is gone and Smiley.

Soooo.... would it be too early to start a "Ted Ginn Memorial Thread" in the Depths?

X-Pacolypse
03-25-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U172KCi1mks&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr7JKoxGn0k&feature=related