PDA

View Full Version : What interviewing all these WR's mean

matt11390
03-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Been thinking about all the activity, rumors, and news reports about Miami interviewing and working out so many receivers for the draft. My main question is: Why would they be working so hard if they were only concerned about drafting a #1?

Couple of reasons. 1) They do want a #1 and also want a legit #2. 2) Same as the first reason but are hoping to draft mainly defense this year while finding that legit #2 and then next year find their legit #1 from the very good class next year. 3) Perhaps the FO doesn't really know yet what their draft plan is for this year.

I would believe, IMO, that the FO has a draft plan already in place for not only this year but the next two years. If I am right that leads me to think either the first or second reason explains their hard work. What say you? Do you have other theories?

Kdawg954
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Last year we interviewed a **** load of LB's, and we didn't draft any until Round 7. Trust me, this is just due dilligence. We may draft a WR, but these interviews don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

#1dolphinsfan
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
We have a good #2 in brian Hartline we need a True #1 we have a good slot and a good #2 i think all we need for our young WR core is the #1 WR

matt11390
03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
We have a good #2 in brian Hartline we need a True #1 we have a good slot and a good #2 i think all we need for our young WR core is the #1 WR

Hope you're right. I do like who we have, especially Hartline and Bess. They seem more like slot guys to me. But Hartline could definately become a #2 with a legit #1 opposite him. Hartline reminds me of Jensen back in the Marino days as a roal WR that is reliable and needed, but not a threat. Make sense? We shall see.

#1dolphinsfan
03-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Hope you're right. I do like who we have, especially Hartline and Bess. They seem more like slot guys to me. But Hartline could definately become a #2 with a legit #1 opposite him. Hartline reminds me of Jensen back in the Marino days as a roal WR that is reliable and needed, but not a threat. Make sense? We shall see.
I think Hartline is a big threat but not a #1 and i know people dont like ginn but i would let him and Hartline battle for the #2 WR spot if we get a True #1 WR say our
#1: Someone we draft early
#2: Ginn/Hartline
Slot: Devone Bess/ Hartline (if he cant beat out ginn for the #2 job he trys to beat out bess for the slot)
If we find a number 1 WR i think that our whole WR core gets better

X-Pacolypse
03-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Here is what Miami has:

Brian Hartline - Will probably develop into a legit #2

Davone Bess - Works the slot position well, he's a keeper

Patrick Turner - Was supposed to be a redzone target, and a "big" WR but hasn't panned out like folks would hope. (It's still early in the ball game, folks)

Greg Camarillo - Dependable, but a knee injury sapped even more speed out of a guy who wasn't fast to begin with

Ted Ginn - Sucks. Horrible WR, and an inconsistent KR at best. Running really, really, really, really fast doesn't help if you lack a pair.

The way I see it, Miami definately needs to draft a true #1. Also, if they're lucky they could find a guy later on who could maybe supplant Camarillo. Maybe a Blair White, or somebody else in that mold.

Kdawg954
03-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Hartline to me is a more athletic Camarillo with worse hands. I don't ever see him as a #1, but he could be a #2 with some work. He is a good #2 on THIS team, but on the average NFL team, he is a #4 (considering the slot WR is the #3 and he is pretty big to be in the slot IMO).

I think he would be a good role WR, as you put it. If we drafted Dez Bryant and Ginn gets tougher, I think we could have a nice WR group.

Kdawg954
03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Here is what Miami has:

Brian Hartline - Will probably develop into a legit #2

Davone Bess - Works the slot position well, he's a keeper

Patrick Turner - Was supposed to be a redzone target, and a "big" WR but hasn't panned out like folks would hope. (It's still early in the ball game, folks)

Greg Camarillo - Dependable, but a knee injury sapped even more speed out of a guy who wasn't fast to begin with

Ted Ginn - Sucks. Horrible WR, and an inconsistent KR at best. Running really, really, really, really fast doesn't help if you lack a pair.

The way I see it, Miami definately needs to draft a true #1. Also, if they're lucky they could find a guy later on who could maybe supplant Camarillo. Maybe a Blair White, or somebody else in that mold.

I know you don't like Ginn, you make that very apparent.

Funny how we are tossing away our BEST playmaker from last year. I mean, when a guy has 3 of your top 5 plays from the previous year, you don't just dump the guy . . . atleast not until you REPLACE that guy.

Top 5 Dolphin plays (ST and Offense) . . no order

Ginn 100 yard kickoff
Ginn 101 yard kickoff
Ginn bomb from Henne vs. The Jets
That Houston bomb would have been on here also.

Yea, he definitely needs more consistency and toughness, fully agree . . . but I like how we are like "cut him" . . . when nobody else at WR or TE was giving us plays. More consistency and better hands last year, sure . . . but you need a guy who can make a BIG play, and Ginn is the only WR we have that really has made that big play. We have to add a playmaker before we can get rid of the only guy who half way resembles one.

X-Pacolypse
03-24-2010, 06:30 PM
I know you don't like Ginn, you make that very apparent.

Funny how we are tossing away our BEST playmaker from last year. I mean, when a guy has 3 of your top 5 plays from the previous year, you don't just dump the guy . . . atleast not until you REPLACE that guy.

Top 5 Dolphin plays (ST and Offense) . . no order

Ginn 100 yard kickoff
Ginn 101 yard kickoff
Ginn bomb from Henne vs. The Jets
That Houston bomb would have been on here also.

Yea, he definitely needs more consistency and toughness, fully agree . . . but I like how we are like "cut him" . . . when nobody else at WR or TE was giving us plays. More consistency and better hands last year, sure . . . but you need a guy who can make a BIG play, and Ginn is the only WR we have that really has made that big play. We have to add a playmaker before we can get rid of the only guy who half way resembles one.

The Houston bomb would have been there. However, it wasn't. So, in reality it's only 3 impact plays he made in a 16 game season.

Hopefully, we will add a playmaker via the Draft so Ginn becomes expendable.

#1dolphinsfan
03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
The Houston bomb would have been there. However, it wasn't. So, in reality it's only 3 impact plays he made in a 16 game season.

Hopefully, we will add a playmaker via the Draft so Ginn becomes expendable.
Getting a #1 WR would open a lot for Henne getting to throw it deep for Ted Ginn if we got a #1 WR oppsite of Ginn you could see him double his career TDs to 10 next season if Henne decided to throw deep to him because if ginn gets off the line clean and just runs stright down field i dont think there is any DB in the NFL that can keep up with his straight line speed