PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Morgan meets with Dolphins

FinAtic8480
03-24-2010, 08:23 PM
The Miami Dolphins’ interest in Georgia Tech linebacker Derrick Morgan seems to be gaining steam.

In a “Draft Diary” for The Sporting News, Morgan writes he has met with the Dolphins and Seahawks, though the nature of the meetings is vague.

Morgan writes: “I’m not sure how many teams will invite me for visits before the draft. I have already done things with the Seahawks and Dolphins, and I have other meetings or workouts scheduled with the Bucs and Browns.”

Morgan may have visited the Dolphins, worked out for them or just met with them in Atlanta. But he clearly has done more than a garden-variety interview with Miami and Seattle, which holds the No. 6 pick.

A defensive end in college, Morgan is considered a top-10 pick by many, but if he falls to No. 12 the Dolphins could grab him and turn him into a outside linebacker in the 3-4 scheme.

An NFL scout said the Dolphins have been extremely tight-lipped about who interests them, but Morgan’s name did slip out a few weeks ago.

The 6-foot-3, 266-pound Morgan is viewed as an end by teams that run the 4-3 and would have to play around 255 to 258 pounds for a 3-4 team. But according to the scout Morgan looked very good on tape playing in a two-point stance (10% of plays) and has shown excellent athletic ability in his workouts.

http://is.gd/aXrYs

Kid remembers of Julius Pepper for some reason.

ronnieb_23
03-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Derrick Morgan first pick, Morgan Burnett second pick?

mmikel30
03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Derrick Morgan first pick, Morgan Burnett second pick?Demaryius Thomas third

TheBow305
03-24-2010, 09:06 PM
Derrick Morgan first pick, Demaryius Thomas second pick?

There you go! Fixed it for ya! :up:

jlfin
03-24-2010, 10:34 PM
I have a hunch that he's the guy (if he drops). I don't think Berry will fall to 12.
I was listening to either NFL radio and Pat Kirwan said that in conversations with BP he has always repeated that you win games when you have the bigger players.
I suppose that means with a bigger, physical team you can impose your will on your opponent in the 4th quarter.
If that's the case, Morgan is the guy they are targeting IMO

Ozfin77
03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
I'm not all that impressed with the guy.

I can see why people say he's more a 43 end. He doesnt seem to have much by way of pass rush moves aside from the bullrush type technique and I cant see him dropping into any kind of effective coverage.

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 11:36 PM
i definitely think he's still a possibility...if matt roth could play the solb for us derrick morgan could...

but i'm still not sure i see him as a great fit there...

SR 7
03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
right now I hope its Thomas if Bryant doesn't fall.

No one makes his presence felt as much as him when you watch film...not even Graham if you ask me.

justdev7
03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
i definitely think he's still a possibility...if matt roth could play the solb for us derrick morgan could...

Matt Roth did play SOLB but that doesn't mean he shout have. It seems like every year the tweener(DE/OLB) converts are getting bigger and bigger. I don't see Morgan as a guy who can stand up

Oraclepz
03-25-2010, 12:44 AM
I have a thread where I ranked all the possible 3-4 olb converts and I believe morgan is the best one.

Phin-Phan 66
03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Dez or Graham for me

Danny
03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Dez or Graham for me

For me too....at least if we stay at 12....I don't know about Morgan as a 3-4 OLB.....I'd rather have Graham.

Ozzy rules!!

jim1
03-25-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm not all that impressed with the guy.

I can see why people say he's more a 43 end. He doesnt seem to have much by way of pass rush moves aside from the bullrush type technique and I cant see him dropping into any kind of effective coverage.

I'd rather have Arrelious Benn than a DE/OLB convert who is good against the run but not a great pass rusher or coverage guy.

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
right now I hope its Thomas if Bryant doesn't fall.

No one makes his presence felt as much as him when you watch film...not even Graham if you ask me.

E. Thomas or D. Thomas?

Aqua and Orange
03-25-2010, 09:34 AM
I would love to get Morgan. As a GT fan, I can solidly say that both him and D. Thomas would be great picks for the Dolphins from the school. I'm watching closely where they end up.

If Morgan's stock falls enough to get him to pick 12, I think the Dolphins brass will be doing cartwheels. He is a player no one thought would fall that far at season's end.

SnakeoilSeller
03-25-2010, 10:19 AM
I just feel like Morgan is a 4-3 Defensive End and not an OLB.

mmikel30
03-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I have a hunch that he's the guy (if he drops). I don't think Berry will fall to 12.
I was listening to either NFL radio and Pat Kirwan said that in conversations with BP he has always repeated that you win games when you have the bigger players.
I suppose that means with a bigger, physical team you can impose your will on your opponent in the 4th quarter.
If that's the case, Morgan is the guy they are targeting IMOAnd I would say this to parcells bigger guys get tired quicker the bigger you are and more muscles you have the more oxygen it takes to pump blood. look at indy's D , which outplayed ours and their guys are much smaller biggger is also slower in a "Passing" league.

mmikel30
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
If that's the case, Morgan is the guy they are targeting IMOAnd I would say this to parcels bigger guys get tired quicker the bigger you are and more muscles you have the more oxygen it takes to pump blood. look at Indy's D , which outplayed ours and their guys are much smaller bigger is also slower in a "Passing" league.

SR 7
03-25-2010, 11:49 AM
E. Thomas or D. Thomas?

Earl.

X-Pacolypse
03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Morgan and Thomas would be a great way to start the Draft.

Roth's Wrath
03-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Sergio Kindle is a stud! We are going to draft someone opposite of Cam Wake, what a pass rush we will have, we have to put some pressure on sanchez and Brady to win the division, if Dez Bryant is not there we got to go pass rusher!