PDA

View Full Version : Myron Rolle

SammySmif
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I would not be shocked if the Fins grab him in the 4th or 5th round. Parcells does like to draft FSU defensive players. Rolle was poorly used by FSU and really did not get the benefit of playing in a modern defense. Many times he was on an island and was easily exposed due to how much grass he had to cover.

This guy could be a defensive leader and is a class act. We need more depth at safety and I believe the Fins will draft one more for depth. What do you think?

bigchub22
03-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I would not be shocked if the Fins grab him in the 4th or 5th round. Parcells does like to draft FSU defensive players. Rolle was poorly used by FSU and really did not get the benefit of playing in a modern defense. Many times he was on an island and was easily exposed due to how much grass he had to cover.

This guy could be a defensive leader and is a class act. We need more depth at safety and I believe the Fins will draft one more for depth. What do you think?

Would love to know where you came up with this....No thanks he was not poorly used just didn't live up to the hype its that simple he wasn't special by any means. I don't want him with a 4th and we don't have a 5th right now

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
i don't want him period...he's not a free safety to me and there are a ton of ss prospects i'd much rather have...

pass

RustyGator
03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Love his attitude and character, but he hasn't shown enough to justify a top 4 round selection.

SammySmif
03-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Would love to know where you came up with this....No thanks he was not poorly used just didn't live up to the hype its that simple he wasn't special by any means. I don't want him with a 4th and we don't have a 5th right now

I came up with this being an active FSU booster and knowing exactly what wrong with our defense the past 5 years. First off, we did not use a playbook at all and had no pass rush. Second, the FSU defense put a ton of responsibility on the safety position. Myron Rolle basically covered the entire backfield on his own in a Cover 1 scheme. If you really know your FSU football and payed attention, you would see what happens when lesser humans attempted this type of coverage from the safety position. The result would be the FSU defensive results of last season.

To say that Myron Rolle, a 5 star recruit and a Rhodes Scholar is not special may be the most ludicrous thing I have ever read. Well done.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I like Myron Rolle question is can he cover?

SammySmif
03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
I like Myron Rolle question is can he cover?

It's a great question. I believe he can. We have a great DC who can put him in position to do so. Remember, at FSU he was asked to do things that are basically impossible to do on a consistent basis.

SnakeoilSeller
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM

I remember reading this more than once during his career at FSU. Being that I dont watch a ton of FSU games, can you expand? Can he play FS or would he be better suited for SS?

SammySmif
03-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Well he played Rover at FSU. Imagine blitzing 8 men and leaving 1-2 guys alone on an island, and still having a poor pass rush. That was the FSU defense. It was very very bad and very predictable. It made guys like Tim Tebow get the easiest reads in college football.

There is no way Rolle will ever play in such a poor scheme ever again. I think he is more of a SS, but he did an awesome job having to make clutch open field tackles in which the runner had miles of space to dodge.