PDA

View Full Version : M. Johnson vs. B. Spikes

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Now that Spikes appears to be even slower than Johnson, anyone think that Johnson becomes the more appealing prospect? I believe that Spikes could still go in the 3rd, but Johnson will likely be considered a reach in the 4th.

So, would you rather have Spikes in the 3rd/4th or Johnson in the 5th (if we were to acquire one) or 6th? Or, does anyone just like Johnson better (regardless of draft position)?

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
all i know is and i've seen evidence to support it...5.0 second 40 ilbs don't get drafted period...most are street free agents...

still...i'd look at them in the 6th or 7th...situational players...

micah johnson imo is more the take on and shed guy but he's not always consistent as a tackler...spikes the more effective blitz player

i see micah johnson as a thumper...

RustyGator
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
All I know is I've seen the evidence to support it...4 years of amazing playing at the highest collegiate level. Some people are ridonkulous with their 40 times. He was running on a wet field and slipped. Yeah, he's not the fastest guy...but he's not normally a 5.0+ guy. I'd guess more in the 4.8 or a touch lower range. But guess what? Who cares! Are you telling me that 5 seconds of a guy's life is more important than 19 years? Spikes has 1st round talent. Obviously he won't get drafted in the 1st and will be lucky to break the 2nd, but no way he gets passed the 3rd IMO.

foozool13
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Id take Spikes in the 3rd for sure over Johnson.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 03:23 PM
All I know is I've seen the evidence to support it...4 years of amazing playing at the highest collegiate level. Some people are ridonkulous with their 40 times. He was running on a wet field and slipped. Yeah, he's not the fastest guy...but he's not normally a 5.0+ guy. I'd guess more in the 4.8 or a touch lower range. But guess what? Who cares! Are you telling me that 5 seconds of a guy's life is more important than 19 years? Spikes has 1st round talent. Obviously he won't get drafted in the 1st and will be lucky to break the 2nd, but no way he gets passed the 3rd IMO.

name me another 5 second ilb who got drafted in the first 3 rounds???

RustyGator
03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Completely missed my point.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Completely missed my point.

the point that you said he'd be drafted by the nfl in the first 3 rounds and that i said show me a lb who has been with that speed???

yeah... we're off somewhere...

WaxOn WaxOff
03-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Did you guys miss out on our LBs getting burned REPEATEDLY by every TE that came at us???? Why do you think this happened? Because they weren't smart enough to see it coming? It was because they were too SLOW. Repeat that "SSLLLOOOWWW". I don't want a 4.8 or higher LB, not now, not in today's NFL. The offenses will tear them apart. I wouldn't waist a 7th round on either of them. They don't translate to the pro level. Congrats, they WERE great in COLLEGE.

dr.jake
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
spikes

#1dolphinsfan
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm a big Micah Johnson fan I think he will be a good player

Joey23
03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
I think Spikes will go in the 3rd, regradless I think that's too high for a backup thumper ILBer.

In value alone I would wait for Johnson in the 6th.

I would love one of the more athletic guys to back up Dansby though, if he where to go down I can't imagine how Torbor/Crowder would play together. It would be awful.

Given we had a FS and a couple OLBs I wouldn't mind Edds/Watson/Chaney in the 4th.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-28-2010, 11:08 AM
I doubt Spikes is slower than Ray Lewis

LikeUntoGod
03-28-2010, 12:24 PM
If given that choice.........Spikes, he has "game speed". He has the smarts to be in the right place at the right time.

I looked up the stats of ILBs trying to cover. Almost all of them were very bad btway.

BobDole
03-28-2010, 04:11 PM
the whole 40 time debacle is being blown way out of proportion. i watched every game he played in college and saw him run stride for stride with WR's down the field many times. i'm actually glad he ran so slow - b/c since we got dansby ILB is no longer a need - so getting him in the 4th or whatever is a much more appealing option.

johnson reminds me a lot of jasper brinkley - big thumper with coverage issues. spikes never had those issues - is still a thumper - and an excellent blitzer. spikes all the way for me.