PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins interested in Mississippi State linebacker Jamar Chaney

FinAtic8480
03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Chaney, who was the South team's Most Valuable Player on defense at the Senior Bowl, has also drawn interest from the Jacksonville Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers and the Miami Dolphins.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Jamar-Chaney-ran-a-445-today.html

ColonelJ
03-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Thank you lord. That's good news.

state06
03-25-2010, 03:23 PM
always thought of him as turning out to be a good pro. but a 4.45 40? wow

if he was the MVP of the south,im sure the Dolphins liked him then also

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 03:24 PM
he got run over at the senior bowl...

ghostface95
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Tony Shades and the coaching staff got firsthand looks at both Chaney and Weatherspoon.

What if we're able to draft both Chaney and Weatherspoon this year????

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
yep... first hand looks at watching chaney come up into the hole and get carried for 3 yards after contact...

one thing he did was arrive fast to the perimeter of the field but he doesn't show me any punch when he gets there...

ColonelJ
03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Chaney is excellent imo. Yes, as hoops pointed out, he lacks a bit of punch, but on certain plays. But he flies to the ball and has great instincts. Chaney over McClain any day.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
chaney over mcclain???

you just left me speechless...:foundout:

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I might draft him as a coverage linebacker and see if he could become more. But I'd still prefer Dekoda Watson if I'm going that route. Or A.J. Edds.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-25-2010, 03:56 PM
he got run over at the senior bowl...

reeeeeallly? And somehow he was the defensive MVP? Do tell how this happens?:confused:

ghostface95
03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
:nailbiter: please draft a ILB so Crowder can be a backup

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 04:02 PM
reeeeeallly? And somehow he was the defensive MVP? Do tell how this happens?:confused:

Beats me but I've got every snap of his at the Senior Bowl clipped and I'm able to pull them up any time I want and that dude was not that impressive at all.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:03 PM

must have been those channing crowder like tackles 5 yards down the field...cause i didn't see anything that warrants defensive mvp consideration....he was the defensive mvp over brandon graham???

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
must have been those channing crowder like tackles 5 yards down the field...cause i didn't see anything that warrants defensive mvp consideration....he was the defensive mvp over brandon graham???

Defensive MVP of the South. Geno Atkins should have gotten that one. Hell I'd have given it to Taylor Mays before Jamar Chaney.

The overall MVP of the game was Brandon Graham I believe, he was on the winning North team.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
yeah and taylor mays int was gift wrapped...way too late to throw that ball...

talk about a gift

ColonelJ
03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah? Funny how nothing was gift wrapped for Nate Allen, Larry Asante, or Myron Rolle. All three looked like shyt in the Senior Bowl. The best safety by far was Taylor Mays at the Senior Bowl.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:13 PM
dekoda watson is intriguing but isn't he another undersized guy if he plays 3-4 lb???

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:14 PM
nate allen didn't show a whole lot either...i think he's better than he played...but allen looked good in coverage drills... asante doesn't have the speed or range to play free safety...but i like him a lot as a strong safety...

taylor mays is doo doo

myron rolle never does anything worth talking about...

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
dekoda watson is intriguing but isn't he another undersized guy if he plays 3-4 lb???

Highly. But he's pretty physical, rushes the passer and can move like a DB. There's something to work with there. You're not getting anyone batteries-included around that area of the draft.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
the ilb crop imo is doo doo...too small not fast enough...can't cover... i mean really

ColonelJ
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I like Dekoda's pursuit and football instincts. He's good player. Would not mind him, but I think his projected 3rd round is a little high for us.

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I might draft him as a coverage linebacker and see if he could become more. But I'd still prefer Dekoda Watson if I'm going that route. Or A.J. Edds.

I do see them looking for a player in this mold. I'm guessing that Edds and Chaney will go somewhere around the 3rd, so I don't know if they'd spend that type of pick on a coverage LB that might become more one day. Where do you see Watson going?

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:20 PM
there's no way on this planet i'd take jamar chaney in the 3rd...no way...way too much talent at other positions...

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
there's no way on this planet i'd take jamar chaney in the 3rd...no way...way too much talent at other positions...

Agreed. But, that's where I see him going.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
jeez...what a waste pick that would be...i'd take like 10 rbs and 10 te's before i'd take chaney...

now aj edds that's a different matter...i'd sure like to get him in the 4th but that's probably wishful thinking...but i have my eye on a te in the 3rd more likely 4th round...

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
If I'm going to take a developmental guy at coverage or scrapebacker, I'm not looking in the 3rd round or even the 4th round. I think we just have too many other areas to go in the 1st through 4th rounds.

I'd start looking for guys like that in the 6th and 7th rounds. I'd be looking square at Keaton Kristick, but the chances aren't exactly good he'll be there. Or perhaps Keenan Clayton. That dude can still move like a DB. You also might look at Simoni Lawrence. He's raw, but he can move and if you can clean up his movements and reactions a little bit he might be a contributor.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
that's what i'm saying round 6 or 7 or not at all on these guys...

i don't even think we can afford to take edds in the first 4 rounds unless the talent at other positions has been picked clean...

we have pretty much top 3rd of each round picks in the first 4 rounds...i'm getting day 1 impact if possible...and hopefully every down impact

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
hey ck, where would you put the value at olb fs wr and te in this draft??? as in what round???

those are the 4 positions that i would ideally like to fill in the first 4 rounds...

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 05:04 PM
hey ck, where would you put the value at olb fs wr and te in this draft??? as in what round???

Like how do you mean? You mean like "I see value in the 2nd round being at OLB, value in the 3rd round at TE, value in the 4th round at FS..." like that?

That's tough.

For me the top of the draft is all about Dez Bryant and Brandon Graham. I like Derrick Morgan but I think Graham is a better fit for this team. He has stronger hands, better balance, probably more versatility whereas I really think Morgan could end up like a Tamba Hali pass rusher at ROLB. You know how I feel about Dez Bryant.

I think the 2nd round could definitely present some TE value because of potential slides by Gresham and Gronkowski to go along with Dennis Pitta, but that's not the only position that could be value there. If Arrelious Benn is there, you take him. If Demaryius Thomas is there, you take him. Both provided of course you didn't already get Dez Bryant. If you did, then what happens if Sergio Kindle is staring you in the face at #43? I've not been the biggest fan but I've also not been one of his big detractors. He, Thaddeus Gibson and Jason Worilds are probably the only OLB guys I see in the 2nd round that would be good value. If Corey Wootton is there at #43, do you say "**** it" and take him? That's a serious player value. Geno Atkins would be good player value at #43. Tyson Alualu would be a serious player value at #43, the player that we hoped Merling would be. They're so desperate at safety, if Nate Allen is there, can you pass? What about Rodger Saffold? Can you afford to pass on him at #43?

I think in the 3rd round, the TEs come more heavily into it as do the OLBs. Pitta could make it that far, theoretically...and that would be a homerun ball. Jimmy Graham would be a very solid selection there. I think they genuinely like Dorin Dickerson. Now you've gotten to the area of the draft where everyone seems to have different feelings on the WRs. If you really want a Taylor Price, Andre Roberts, Carlton Mitchell or maybe even Emmanuel Sanders, this is where you've probably got to take them. You might be able to get a John Jerry there. The Dolphins could be high on Jermaine Cunningham or Daniel Te'o-nesheim, and if they are, gotta take them in the 3rd probably. If they still haven't gotten a safety, I think they're really going to be looking hard at Myron Lewis, Major Wright and Reshad Jones at this spot. They may be in love with a guy like Arthur Jones.

I don't know...I look at it very prospect oriented, not position oriented, round by round.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
i see myron lewis more as a cover 2 player...

you like thaddeus gibson more than koa misi???

yeah it's tough to go positional value by round...

i think i would take worilds over kindle...if i could only count on that shoulder...

i just can't seem to see reshad jones at free safety...

rickd13
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
yep... first hand looks at watching chaney come up into the hole and get carried for 3 yards after contact...

one thing he did was arrive fast to the perimeter of the field but he doesn't show me any punch when he gets there...

Sounds like Rolando McClain to me.

ckparrothead
03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
i see myron lewis more as a cover 2 player...

you like thaddeus gibson more than koa misi???

yeah it's tough to go positional value by round...

i think i would take worilds over kindle...if i could only count on that shoulder...

i just can't seem to see reshad jones at free safety...

I really like Thaddeus Gibson. Koa Misi never stood out to me much on tape, but when you put him in drills he looks smooth as silk.

But then again, so does Gibson, and not only do I know that he's a fiery emotional leader on that Ohio State defense, but I know that on tape he stands out to me a lot, in addition to looking pretty fluid.

Honestly I have Worilds and Gibson with similar grades. Probably identical. I have a hard time picking between the two.

hooshoops
03-25-2010, 05:22 PM
gibson to me seems to bring more as a potential pass rusher than misi...but they both looked awfully good in lb drills...maybe to me misi seems to have a little bit better awareness...

tough call for me...

NoblePhin
03-25-2010, 06:11 PM
if we could come away with graham, worlids, and dickerson in the first 4 rounds, id be a happy man. I haven't done enough evaluation when it comes to safeties but we need one, i don't know if i would spend our 1st on one, but we def need one in the first 3 rounds.

Danny
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
I was just watching tape of that game yesterday and he didn't jump out on me.Graham and Weatherspoon had good games tho.

Ozzy rules!!