PDA

View Full Version : Iupati Round 1?

Ozfin77
03-25-2010, 06:34 PM
I was thinking the other day about guys we could take in the "late teens" if we were somehow able to trade down a couple times in the 1st Round.

One guy that came to mind was OG Mike Iupati, but I just dismissed it. At the time I didnt think we'd really need to go that way in Round 1 with so many other needs on our team.

I keep coming back to that scenario though and now with Justin Smiley being shopped and word out that our interior still needs help, I'm beginning to think this is a REAL possibilty.

So, what would you think if Tuna went this way in Round 1? It's not a "sexy" pick, but it would solidify our line for a long, long time.

Thoughts?

DcRy82
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I'd be pretty unhappy with the pick myself.

j-off-her-doll
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Would break something. Might hope he does poorly just to appease my hatred for the pick.

Not really . . . but I'd be pissed.

miami71
03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Good move, if we trade down a couple times and pick up a couple 2ands or a 2and and a 3rd! Only if Berry,Bryant, and Spiller are gone.

giz
03-25-2010, 07:11 PM
i wouldnt really mind. we have bigger needs, but he would be great next to Jake Long!!

IndyFinFan
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
I think the team needs help in other areas but, that wouldn't be the worst player to pick at 12. Long, Iaputi, Grove, Incognito & Carey would be a very very good oline. It would be easier to run or pass behind that line. Maybe this is one reason they are showing some interest in WR & FS in the mid to later rounds.

Lord Of Miami
03-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Just because they have looked at him doesn't mean they have a 1st round grade on him or that they would even think of taking him in the 1st round.

Ozfin77
03-25-2010, 10:40 PM
The guy will be gone by the end of the first round, plain and simple.

What I was asking was how fellow 'phin fans would feel about us trading down, accumulating a few more picks and taking him to solidify our line.

I think its a great idea personally, as long as we address the pass rusher need with our first pick of the 2nd Round.

Danny
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I wonder if he's as good as some people think he is.Seniorbowl tape shows him grabing and holding all game long which means he was getting beat.That and the fact we have a very good o-line and needs in other areas makes me think no way we use a 1st round pick on a guard.

Ozzy rules!!