PDA

View Full Version : ECU's DE C.J. Wilson to workout with Dolphins, Fins interested in S Eskridge

FinAtic8480
03-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Wilson was rated the 19th best defensive end prospect by USA Today and is widely projected to go anywhere between the third round and the sixth round in the NFL draft.

Wilson said he has had conversations with several NFL teams and is scheduled to do private workouts for the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Miami Dolphins.

Eskridge is a 6-0, 200-pound free safety who, because of his hard-hitting ability and average 40 times, is more suited to play strong safety in the NFL and has been projected to go as early as the fifth round in some draft publications.

The knock on the all-conference senior has been his speed. Eskridge has turned in times of 4.6 or higher in the 40 and looked better than that Thursday.

I feel like I may have helped myself. But I feel I could have done much better, especially in the defensive backs drills where I dropped a few balls, Eskridge said.

The players were not told of their 40 times, but Eskridge felt he put in a good performance saying, I think I ran maybe a 4.6 or a 4.5 at the fastest.

Some of the teams said to have interest in the safety are the Colts, Browns and Dolphins, with stronger interest coming from the Titans where former ECU star Chris Johnson is playing.

Eskridge said one of the biggest challenges of pro day is that it resembles more of a track and field workout than a football one.

Its different from a game because we dont have on any pads, Eskridge said. A lot of the instinctive things are taken out of the picture. You just kind of come out and run through drills.

http://www.wdnweb.com/articles/2010/03/26/sports/doc4bac111eb8878359915611.txt

ckparrothead
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I've had my eye on C.J. Wilson for three years now, ever since he gave Ryan Clady a ton of trouble in a bowl game at the end of the 2007 season. I'm a little bit disappointed that he's not made more progress than he has especially against the run, but he's a savvy pass rusher that can work his way to the passer a number of ways using his hands, and he's very big. I have him as a defensive end, and he was my pick for Sleeper at that position in our Sun Sentinel piece a while ago. I think he has the ability to get off blocks and make plays on the ball, but he has to be more aware of the football's movement in the backfield. He doesn't have a high motor and I don't know how well he moves on his feet so I wouldn't really be tempted to pull him out to a linebacker position.

Danny
03-26-2010, 07:15 PM
we really are checking on everyone which is a good thing.Less than a month left for draft day and I'm ready for it.

Ozzy rules!!