PDA

View Full Version : The Dolphins Sleeper 1st round pick

wildvillage519
03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I have heard many of us mention Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Brandon Graham, Derrick Morgan, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, etc... But I think the player everyone is sleeping on is Ryan Matthews RB Fresno St.

Think about it, Parcells and company love bigger backs (Traded L. Booker as soon as they got here) and Ricky isn't getting any younger and Ronnie is good, but injury prone, now in legal trouble, and in the last year of his contract.

Ryan Matthews fits the mold better then Spiller of what I think the Dolphins want to do and I don't think he would be a reach at the #12 pick. He lead the nation in rushing, he has good speed, great balance, excellent vision, soft hands, strong, and does not have any character issues. Check out a few of his youtube videos

Personally I think he would fit like a glove with the Dolphins.

#1dolphinsfan
03-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Ryan Mathews IMO is the best RB in the draft

wildvillage519
03-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree

j-off-her-doll
03-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Terrible pick at 12. Good player, though.

wildvillage519
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Terrible pick at 12. Good player, though.
I just think he is more of a sure thing then picking someone we hope will workout like Dez Bryant. Bryant could turn out to be great, but also could turn out to be a bust. I think Ryan Matthews is a safe pick and a need. Ricky and Ronnie won't be on the team in 2011 IMO. In fact we could probably trade Ronnie for a 3rd round draft pick if we drafted Ryan Matthews.

Don't get me wrong, the draft probably won't happen this way, but I really like Matthews. I really like Eric Berry as well, but I am not as optomistic as some that he will fall to the #12 pick.

giz
03-27-2010, 12:21 AM
i think that would be really good. Maybe then trade ronnie for a few high picks.

j-off-her-doll
03-27-2010, 12:48 AM
I don't see Matthews as being dynamic. I think he's very good, but if you draft a RB in the 1st (especially that high), he better be dynamic.

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 02:21 AM
I've definitely thought about this, but the truth is, it makes me cringe every time.

If we really want a power back, we can play out this year with the guys we have, then draft Mark Ingram next year.

Miamifin23
03-27-2010, 02:41 AM
I've been talking about ryan mathews for quite some time now, I GUARANTEE you if he was on a team like USC, Ohio State, Texas, etc he would be looking at a top 15 pick. If we're picking a RB high, I would take him in a heart beat. Excellent balance and good speed, like stated above, his skill set would be ideal in this teams running style. I do think we have other holes that need to be filled before running back, especially that high.

FinAtic8480
03-27-2010, 02:54 AM
JEff Odrick

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Demaryius Thomas.