PDA

View Full Version : No Go on Graham at 12

UPFinFan
03-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Dolphins beat writer Armando Salguero sees "little to no chance" that the team would draft Michigan DE Brandon Graham at No. 12.
At 6-foot-1 with short arms, Graham simply doesn't fit the "prototype" the Fins look for. Coach Tony Sparano recently indicated that he is adamant about getting long, lean pass rushers, and Graham is on the short, stocky side. The Dolphins might consider Graham only if he fell to the second round.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Thats very stupid to not show stong interest in him. He is a very good DE/OLB my favorite of draft...

UPFinFan
03-27-2010, 02:55 AM
yeah im a big michigan fan so graham is one of my favorites, wouldnt mind to see more michigan alum on our team. seems to have worked out for us lately

ticophin
03-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Armando is the kind of guy that would pass on Zach Thomas....in the 7th round!
There is much more to a football player than measurables...

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 03:38 AM
As much as I dislike and disvalue Armando's opinions, he is definitely spot on with this one. I've been saying all along Graham won't be the pick. He just doesn't fit the mold of the type of rusher the FO usually drafts.

rent this space
03-27-2010, 06:29 PM
As much as I dislike and disvalue Armando's opinions, he is definitely spot on with this one. I've been saying all along Graham won't be the pick. He just doesn't fit the mold of the type of rusher the FO usually drafts.
I'm with you here. Graham will be a player for someone and I thought he was perfect at 12 until just recently. I just don't see them taking someone that doesn't fit their criteria in the first round.

JCfinfan
03-27-2010, 06:39 PM
We may not take him. Nobody knows yet. However, Armando doesn't know JACK!

He assumes things way too much.

finfan54
03-27-2010, 06:49 PM
they also said we would take him later if around like in 3rd round. Not likely but stranger things have happened. Graham is too built up though after senior bowl. He is a football player. simple as that.

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Since Parcells and now Tony has been saying that they do not put small or slow college players (no matter their college play) on their draft board for the NFL I will go with Armando simply repeating what they said.

For many years Bill Parcells has had the "smallest' draft board of any GM/coach and it has worked. It also, IMO, makes drafting easier because you simply rule out a lot of players.

While it is true that Parcells would have never drafted Zack Thomas it also means that he would have never drafted T.Ginn, J.Beck or S.Satele(sp).

The extra two inches etc does make a difference. I remember play offs games where they meant the difference in a tipped pass or a touchdown. They play the odds, not roll the dice and hope.

By not following these set rules you draft players like PAT WHITE!

(which I will never understand)

finfan54
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Since Parcells and now Tony has been saying that they do not put small or slow college players (no matter their college play) on their draft board for the NFL I will go with Armando simply repeating what they said.

For many years Bill Parcells has had the "smallest' draft board of any GM/coach and it has worked. It also, IMO, makes drafting easier because you simply rule out a lot of players.

While it is true that Parcells would have never drafted Zack Thomas it also means that he would have never drafted T.Ginn, J.Beck or S.Satele(sp).

The extra two inches etc does make a difference. I remember play offs games where they meant the difference in a tipped pass or a touchdown. They play the odds, not roll the dice and hope.

yeah and thats why they have to be tight-lipped about everything because our focus is small in scope.

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 07:12 PM
yeah and thats why they have to be tight-lipped about everything because our focus is small in scope.

True dat. :up:

emeraldfin
03-27-2010, 07:44 PM

We also drafted JD Folsom last season who was very small for a linebacker. I'm not buying this prototype player stuff. I do think they have a certain criteria for O and D linemen, but not for all positions. Lot of reports have been saying the Fins FO really like Dexter McCluster, who is also quite small for a RB.

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 08:13 PM
i wouldnt take him with 12 but if we traded down and he was the best on the board i would have no problem with it

BassFin
03-27-2010, 09:01 PM
We also drafted JD Folsom last season who was very small for a linebacker.

Ummm... JD is 6'3" 230 lbs. He went to a small school but he's not a "very" small guy.

Lord Of Miami
03-27-2010, 09:08 PM
AS a Miami fan i'd LOVE to see us draft Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham but as someone who has been watching the draft since 1989 i know some teams don't draft certain kinds of players.

Bill ,Jeff and Tony just don't draft OLB's that are not over 6'3 and run a 4.6 40 yard dash.The last time Bill did was before many on the site were born and the guy was in and out of he NFL in a year.

This could change because Jason Worilds "who is only 6'1 but runs a 4.6" is coming for a workout or has already has.

But the safe bet is if they draft a OLB real high, like 1st or 2nd round it's going to be Everson Griffen.He is the only player that brings the Size, Speed, and Power that Bill , Jeff and Tony Crave as an OLB.

Even with all that said i still want Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham to be a Miami Dolphin.

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
Ummm... JD is 6'3" 230 lbs. He went to a small school but he's not a "very" small guy.

Almost perfect size for a Parcell's ILB in a 3-4. He does not like ILBs under 6'2" and OLBs under 6'4".

Lord Of Miami
03-27-2010, 09:13 PM

Also the Miami Scout said Miami was only looking at him as a 3rd down ILB.............

And A ILB only has to be 6'2 240 to be an every down player in Miami's 3-4, so JD being 6'3 230 isn't that far away, i bet good money he's over 240 now.

ZachThomas76
03-28-2010, 03:10 AM
would you guys take Lamar Woodley on your team?

Danny
03-28-2010, 04:11 AM
one thing is for sure. The FO doesn't like to get away from the kind of player they like very often.They did that last year with White and that was a big mistake.They don't want to do that again which makes me think they wont go for Spiller or Macluster(sp?)

Ozzy rules!!

emeraldfin
03-28-2010, 05:13 AM

230lbs is small for a Parcells ILB. Look at the linebackers on our roster, they are all around 250lbs and look at the guys he drafted in Dallas, all around the same weight.

Folsom might have good height, but at 230lbs he is undersized.

Roman529
03-28-2010, 08:52 AM
This is the same organization that passed on Patrick Willis (who also is 6'1" 240) and took Ted Ginn,,,,we could have had one of the best LB's in the NFL. From what I saw of Graham he has a great nose for the football.....sometimes size is very overated.

LikeUntoGod
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
This is the same organization that passed on Patrick Willis (who also is 6'1" 240) and took Ted Ginn,,,,...sometimes size is very overated.

Uh...who was the head coach and GM when Ginn was drafted?

And only small people think size is overrated, LOL.

Elliott 1
03-28-2010, 11:19 PM

They prefer to have LB's that weigh 250lbs. Look at the roster.

Elliott 1
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Also the Miami Scout said Miami was only looking at him as a 3rd down ILB.............

And A ILB only has to be 6'2 240 to be an every down player in Miami's 3-4, so JD being 6'3 230 isn't that far away, i bet good money he's over 240 now.

Well if JD is over 240 that probably means he is running a 5.0 forty.

Forget about JD. They will draft a real LB or two this year.

dolfan_101
03-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Uh...who was the head coach and GM when Ginn was drafted?

And only small people think size is overrated, LOL.
:lol: you're cold

XxfeensterxX
03-29-2010, 01:30 AM
would you guys take Lamar Woodley on your team?

QFT. Brandon Graham looks to be a Lamarr Woodley clone. Obviously he needs to prove himself on the next level but in my opinion he will probaly have a better career then most the people in the draft.

newlownorder
03-29-2010, 01:37 AM
What's that I hear? Armando posting his opinion as fact? WOW!

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2010, 01:41 AM
You have to remember that we have only seen him play against college players, 94% of which have played their last football outside of school.

IMO, the Senior Bowl was not a good test because the whole South OL was blown up by the North DL.

Zounds
03-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Didn't we draft Pat White?? I dont care what Parcells' draft history looks like, but our FO will not overlook someone because he is not the perfect size. That's just stupid and naive.

SRM
03-29-2010, 03:19 AM
This is the same organization that passed on Patrick Willis (who also is 6'1" 240) and took Ted Ginn,,,,we could have had one of the best LB's in the NFL. From what I saw of Graham he has a great nose for the football.....sometimes size is very overated.

.. No it isn't..?

miami234ever
03-29-2010, 03:27 AM
AS a Miami fan i'd LOVE to see us draft Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham but as someone who has been watching the draft since 1989 i know some teams don't draft certain kinds of players.

Bill ,Jeff and Tony just don't draft OLB's that are not over 6'3 and run a 4.6 40 yard dash.The last time Bill did was before many on the site were born and the guy was in and out of he NFL in a year.

This could change because Jason Worilds "who is only 6'1 but runs a 4.6" is coming for a workout or has already has.

But the safe bet is if they draft a OLB real high, like 1st or 2nd round it's going to be Everson Griffen.He is the only player that brings the Size, Speed, and Power that Bill , Jeff and Tony Crave as an OLB.

Even with all that said i still want Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham to be a Miami Dolphin.

If Dez Bryant is gone, I see either Everson Griffen or Derrick Morgan being the pick.

Kdawg954
03-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Size is important but so is Tape . . . and this kid Graham on tape is probably more consistent than any of these other OLB's . . . and can play either side. Versatily is just as important as size to this FO.

He definitely is an option . . . this isn't a DE we are talking about, this kid will be standing up, the short arms don't mean nearly as much.

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Didn't we draft Pat White?? I dont care what Parcells' draft history looks like, but our FO will not overlook someone because he is not the perfect size. That's just stupid and naive.

Good one man, that was funny. :lol: