PDA

View Full Version : FAU QB Rusty Smith Schedule to visit Dolphins

FinAtic8480
03-27-2010, 02:42 AM
The Dolphins previously invited Smith to their April 9 workout of local football players.

Smith could become the first Florida Atlantic player ever selected when the NFL holds its 2010 draft April 22-24. Smith is FAUís career leader in most passing categories. He threw for 10,112 yards and 76 touchdowns during his four years in Boca Raton.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/185/fau-quarterback-rusty-smith-to-meet-with-tennessee-titans.aspx

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Could be a nice developmental prospect.

Awsi Dooger
03-27-2010, 09:52 AM
He was never as accurate as he should have been, given the level of opposition and sophisticated nature of FAU's attack. Plus he had playmakers like Harmon. That should have equated to high 50s or low 60s in completion percentage but it was generally mid 50s. Last season it bumped a bit but he didn't complete the season due to a shoulder injury.

You never want to discount QBs who started for 4 years in a pro style offense. They tend to out perform their scouting report. I always liked Smith's instincts and execution on quick developing plays but the deeper the route the more he'd find trouble, in decision making plus he has a crank up release, although not Tebowesque.

I like him better than many guys rated higher. Backup prospect who is cocky and well spoken with some Jeff Garcia qualities. Played very well in both bowl games. Won plenty of bets for me. :thumbup:

ebcrew
03-27-2010, 12:41 PM
thats cool, i goto FAU so would be cool to see him on the fins, as a backup

CedarPhin
03-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Wouldn't be a bad 3rd stringer once Pennington leaves and Thigpen is elevated to #2.

Nublar7
03-27-2010, 08:18 PM
If Pennington or Thigpen is moved on draft day, this guy wouldn't be a bad option to consider with one of our three 7th round picks.