PDA

View Full Version : Palm Beach Post mock draft 3/26/10

jim1
03-27-2010, 03:17 AM
With less than four weeks to go before the NFL Draft kicks off, we figured it was time to put up our take on how the first round will play out.

As we see it, the Rams might be enticed by two of the big defensive tackles, but won’t pass up the opportunity to get a franchise quarterback.
And with Joey Porter gone and Jason Taylor not likely to return, the Dolphins will get outside linebacker help in the form of Georgia Tech’s Derrick Morgan.

Full list:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/03/26/2010-nfl-mock-draft-features-dolphins-taking-derrick-morgan/

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Like I posted on the article, I’d be happy with Morgan there. He would be a nice complement to Cameron Wake on the other side. But that’s only if Dez is off the board, which he is here. And although it might be a slight reach, I also wouldn’t mind Demaryius Thomas at 12.

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2010, 03:44 AM
I think it will be Morgan, provided Berry doesn't slide.

tcolli17
03-27-2010, 04:26 AM
Wouldn't mind that at all. I think Morgan would be a better SOLB than Roth was, and he did an excellent job. Too bad about his "injury".

SR 7
03-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Roth had NO PASS RUSH SKILLS. You can't have a SOLb who can't PASS RUSH...reason why Pitts is so good, they have a beast of a SOLB who can RUSH as is the same with Dallas, as is the same with NE or (was atcually) and same with SD! ROTH SUCKEEEEEEEEEED at pass rush. SLOW, STIFF, NO MOVES, NOTHING.

tcolli17
03-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Roth had NO PASS RUSH SKILLS. You can't have a SOLb who can't PASS RUSH...reason why Pitts is so good, they have a beast of a SOLB who can RUSH as is the same with Dallas, as is the same with NE or (was atcually) and same with SD! ROTH SUCKEEEEEEEEEED at pass rush. SLOW, STIFF, NO MOVES, NOTHING.
I meant that about his run stopping ability. Sorry.

SR 7
03-27-2010, 04:39 AM
I meant that about his run stopping ability. Sorry.

Oh ok.
If Morgan can't rush the passer I don't want ANYTHING to do with him.
Especially since Langford isn't good at applying pressure from the LE spot already, that left will be very weak then.

j-off-her-doll
03-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Kind of a weird summary for E. Thomas.

Hard hitter perfect fit in Steelers’ D

But, I love Morgan as a player and would have to trust they've done enough research to project him at SOLB. Nolan doesn't **** around. If he sees Morgan as a liability in pass D, he won't let the FO draft Morgan.

jim1
03-27-2010, 08:16 AM

How many sacks did Roth have in the last six games with Cleveland?