PDA

View Full Version : Mayock calls Bryant the best WR he has ever seen

FinAtic8480
03-27-2010, 03:28 AM
ProFootbalFocus RT @evansilva: Mayock: I thought Dez Bryant in 2008 was the best receiver prospect I've ever seen. - Wow, that's some statement.

http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus

WoW!

RustyGator
03-27-2010, 03:33 AM
That IS quite a statement.

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 03:49 AM
He needs to stop hyping Dez up so much! We need him at fall to 12! :)

Phinatic8u
03-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Besides Berry, I WANT BRYANT.

tcolli17
03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
Was he drunk? Or does he just like hearing his own hype coming out of his ***?

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 04:25 AM
Did that say 2008?

#1dolphinsfan
03-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Did that say 2008?

Yeah he didn't play but like 3 games last season

phineffect
03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Ill take thomas at 12 and not be upset

j-off-her-doll
03-27-2010, 10:43 PM
He was amazing in '08.

finner
03-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Could you imagine if he's there and we pass -- and he turns out to be ALL World!

After missing Ryan we better not screw the pooch on this pick...

DcRy82
03-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Matt Ryan? I'm glad we took Jake Long over Ryan. I really dont think Matt Ryan is that good.

Morey161
03-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Andre Johnson laughs at this statement. And doesn't stop.

SnakeoilSeller
03-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Last night on Path to the Draft Mayock said Dez Bryant was the best WR he has seen on film since LArry Fitzgerald. He also pointed out that LF ran a 4.5 and a 4.52 forty, but with LF you get great on and off the field. You dont get that with Bryant. I started this off season against drafting Bryant, partially because I did not want to get my hopes up and concerns with his 'tude. With that type of talent though, I keep saying how can the Fins not take a chance.

Clipse
03-28-2010, 02:20 AM
He needs to stop hyping Dez up so much! We need him at fall to 12! :)
I highly doubt any scout is listening to Mayock. :lol: at the best WR he's ever seen.

Ozfin77
03-28-2010, 02:25 AM
I'd still rather go in another direction with #12 and see whats available with our next pick (whether that be #43 or anything we may get after trading down).

We're not in any position to be taking chances with guys like this and I really would prefer to see us draft defence inititally.

foozool13
03-28-2010, 02:49 AM
This will be a very important draft for us...The #12 pick is going to be very suspenseful. And I dont think the Broncos will take him. The have Marshall..Why trade a proven headache for an unproven headache.

DcRy82
03-28-2010, 03:37 AM
This will be a very important draft for us...The #12 pick is going to be very suspenseful. And I dont think the Broncos will take him. The have Marshall..Why trade a proven headache for an unproven headache.

While Dez Bryant's issues aren't nearly as extreme as what Marshalls have been so far.. You do have a very good point.
That said, I really hope we come out of the draft with either Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas.

Danny
03-28-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm hoping he's still there and that we take him.

Ozzy rules!!

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
While Dez Bryant's issues aren't nearly as extreme as what Marshalls have been so far.. You do have a very good point.
That said, I really hope we come out of the draft with either Dez Bryant or Demaryius Thomas.

What are Dez Bryants issues? Never looked it up.

JCane
03-28-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL. This is the same dude who has Earl Thomas slotted above Eric Berry. Opinion is null and void.

HybridPHIN 23
03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
what was he thinking ?....... Did he totally forget about Calvin Johnson ?

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-28-2010, 03:06 PM
LOL. This is the same dude who has Earl Thomas slotted above Eric Berry. Opinion is null and void.

That same guy had Jon Beason better than Patrick Willis..... Beason made the pro bowl as a rookie. That's going out on a limb saying Beason is better than Willis... He hit on that one. Everyone and their grandmothers had Willis as the best by a long shot... that shot wasn't THAT long... Beason is on par.

SnakeoilSeller
03-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Mayock's good. I think he knows his ****. But that does not make him perfect. I wouldn't judge all of his work by him liking 1 safety a little bit more than another. Especially when it may turn out that he is right

finner
03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Matt Ryan? I'm glad we took Jake Long over Ryan. I really dont think Matt Ryan is that good.

Really? Well the consensus says differently. Bottom line NO team in the league would take Henne over Ryan. And Bottom line, Long isn't even the best OT taken in his draft class (see Ryan Clady).

elite14eva
03-28-2010, 06:57 PM
watch we pass on dez.

LikeUntoGod
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I wish we could have a conversation about players we might draft instead of the same two players that chances are we won't.

Morey161
03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I would take Jake Long over Clady in a second.

Clipse
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Really? Well the consensus says differently. Bottom line NO team in the league would take Henne over Ryan. And Bottom line, Long isn't even the best OT taken in his draft class (see Ryan Clady).
Get real. Matt Ryan isn't anything special. If you can't see that Jake Long was easily the right pick, then I don't know what to say... Jake Long is easily a top 3 tackle in this league whether you like it or not.

Rhody Phins Fan
03-28-2010, 07:06 PM

Jake Long is better than Ryan Clady. One of the big reasons that he gave up so few sacks is because Cutler had such a quick release. With Orton Clady suddenly started giving up sacks. And Long is a much better run blocker too.

Chainsaw
03-28-2010, 07:11 PM

The choice wasn't between Henne and Ryan. The choice was between LONG and Ryan. Long has been to back to back pro bowls. How many has Ryan been to?

Case closed. Long was the ONLY solid pick this regime has made besides Smith last season. Let's not take that little bit of success from these guys. :lol:

ghostface95
03-28-2010, 07:17 PM
The choice wasn't between Henne and Ryan. The choice was between LONG and Ryan. Long has been to back to back pro bowls. How many has Ryan been to?

Case closed. Long was the ONLY solid pick this regime has made besides Smith last season. Let's not take that little bit of success from these guys. :lol:

what about Vontae Davis????

4 INT's as a rookie especially when thrown to the wolves is pretty damn impressive IMHO

Chainsaw
03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
what about Vontae Davis????

4 INT's as a rookie especially when thrown to the wolves is pretty damn impressive IMHO

Vontae Davis was a first round pick don't forget. He may have had 4 picks. But, how many TDs did he give up? The dude was toasted quite a bit as a rookie. So, what good is 4 picks if it comes with 8 TDs allowed as well?

He might get better. But, he might not become a solid NFL CB either. WAY too early to say he was a solid pick yet.

He might wind up playing safety. In that case, he would be too high of a pick for that type of player.

Let's see how he does this season. His cover skills MUST improve dramatically before I rate him a solid pick.

XxfeensterxX
03-28-2010, 08:20 PM

Jake Long
Phillip Merling
Chad Henne
Kendall Langford
Donald Thomas

Those are just from 2008. All of those were solid picks.

Vontae and Sean Smith were also two solid picks. If you can have 2 rookies(1 who was a WR originally) start and do a decent job with NO help over the top, your doing pretty good.

And you cant forget Hartline, he will be a really good #2.

skipp2myloo13
03-28-2010, 09:16 PM
They picked Bess off the UDFA waiver wire. That was a helleva pick. Negative people will always want their opinions to be right. They almost cant deal with success-so they root for failure. thats why you alwasy hear them talking in the past-woulda shoulda coulda buisness.

dagger151
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
trifecta will trade down with someone if Dez is there at 12. I would love to see us take him but Tuna and Co will move down a bit for someone chomping to get Dez. How about Marion Barber and their 2nd for our first? LOL

ROADRUNNER
03-28-2010, 09:55 PM

Now behave..............:smackdown:

milldog
03-28-2010, 10:05 PM

100% agree with you here, Long was definately the right pick and he's turning out to be even better than expected, that being said, Ryan is awfully good. No way you can't say that unless you don't watch football.

MiamiDolfan85
03-28-2010, 11:40 PM
http://twitter.com/ProFootbalFocus

WoW!
thats bull****,Andre Johnson was head and shoulders better than Dez at this point,and its not even close

Kdawg954
03-29-2010, 03:48 AM
Yea I mean Mayock is on that ****. Thomas over Berry and now this statement. I mean as a Prospect . . nobody . . . and I mean nobody can TOUCH Calvin Johnson. I will say the same for Andre Johnson as well. He isn't as fast and doesn't have their size either. I doubt he has Larry Fitzgerald's instincts and hands . . . and he isn't Randy Moss as a prospect. Those are 4 DEFINITE guys I can say were stronger PROSPECTS than Dez Bryant is. Now he may end up being greater than them all, who knows at this point, but that has alot to do with what team gets him, what QB is throwing him the ball, etc. As a prospect tho, he isn't as good as those 4.

SQuinn17
03-29-2010, 03:54 AM
Andre Johnson laughs at this statement. And doesn't stop.
my thoughts exactly

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Actually though Andre Johnson was one hell of a receiver prospect, as a Miami fan I watched a lot of him and I didn't come away thinking he was worthy of the #1 overall. To me the best WR prospect I've seen was probably Calvin Johnson but Dez Bryant comes close. Just like the best RB prospect I've seen was Adrian Peterson but C.J. Spiller comes close.