PDA

View Full Version : tebow's father prediction

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 04:15 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=170518&id=5096

i would be so pi$$ed!! i know he wont be drafted by us(thank god) but with lee coaching him and if this happened i would want the trifecta fired. but it wont happen and to think he will actually be in the top 15 is hillarious.

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2010, 04:23 AM
I think any good parent would say that. That being said, no rational NFL coach, scout, or executive believes that nor would be that stupid.

Nick13
03-27-2010, 05:29 AM
I think any good parent would say that. That being said, no rational NFL coach, scout, or executive believes that nor would be that stupid.

Al Davis? Oh wait, I forgot he doesn't run a sub 4.3 40. Sounds like Tebow has a pretty good family, maybe Cam Cameron will pull some strings in the Ravens front office....

cowboy82nd
03-27-2010, 05:49 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=170518&id=5096
i would be so pi$$ed!! i know he wont be drafted by us(thank god) but with lee coaching him and this happened i would want the trifecta fired. but it wont happen and to think he will actually be in the top 15 is hillarious.

So, are you saying that if Tim Tebow gets drafted in the first 15 positions, the trifecta should be fired? Why?????????

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 06:25 AM
i would be so pi$$ed!! i know he wont be drafted by us(thank god) but with lee coaching him and this happened i would want the trifecta fired. but it wont happen and to think he will actually be in the top 15 is hillarious.

So, are you saying that if Tim Tebow gets drafted in the first 15 positions, the trifecta should be fired? Why?????????[/quote]
no no if we drafted him. which wouldnt happen

TheBow305
03-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Ya, good luck with that.

Phin-Phan 66
03-27-2010, 09:38 AM
while I doubt he's going top 15 - this article shows why he's still going to go higher than you may think
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html

#1dolphinsfan
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
I think he needs to get off of what ever he is smoking

ROADRUNNER
03-27-2010, 12:59 PM

top 15 in round 3 mybe.................:lol:

RustyGator
03-27-2010, 04:06 PM
This is gonna be a fun thread. With all the "rational" Miami fans around here, I wonder what you all think about this? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 08:11 PM

top 15 in round 3 mybe.................:lol:[/quote]

lil thats what im saying:chuckle:

WISfinfan13
03-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Raiders take him in the second round. That is my prediction

Morey161
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
This is gonna be a fun thread. With all the "rational" Miami fans around here, I wonder what you all think about this? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Or maybe this is the NFL where that garbage offense doesn't work. You aren't going to have WIDE OPEN WR's. Tighter windows to throw the ball having to read defenses, get under center. He can't do any of that. The kid won't be able to run like he used to he will get destroyed by the NFL players.

RustyGator
03-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah, he'll get destroyed by top 10 pick Safeties like Eric Berry, right? You obviously haven't watched too many Gator games. You obviously haven't watched too many OU or UT games either where Bradford and McCoy were going against some of the worst defenses and throwing to 15-yard open receivers. Tebow played against the best defenses in college football (also evident by the amount of defenders drafted from the SEC every year). I've seen Tebow make tight passes and passes over finger tips in corners and sidelines all the time. I don't know why you think because Tebow took the ball from shotgun (which the likes of Manning and Brady do quite often as well) and run 5-10 options a game that he can't cut it to the NFL? I don't know why you think because he ran under a certain system in college, that his skills don't translate to the NFL. Please, indulge me...bring up some stats, please, anything.

Personally, I love this animosity towards Tebow. He's proven his critics wrong before and he'll prove them wrong again.

utahphinsfan
03-28-2010, 12:14 AM
Sounds like Tebow has a pretty good family, maybe Cam Cameron will pull some strings in the Ravens front office....

:lol2: I'd love to see Timmy go to Baltimore and try his whole motivation song and dance only to have R. Lewis slap the taste off his lips. Permanently.

RustyGator
03-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Why would a teammate not appreciate a guy trying to motivate his teammates? That makes no sense. Do you feel the same way about Drew Brees?

BillParFan
03-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Why would a teammate not appreciate a guy trying to motivate his teammates? That makes no sense. Do you feel the same way about Drew Brees?
Perhaps you missed this........

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the f--k up." Others players in the room then laughed.

X-Pacolypse
03-28-2010, 01:01 AM

Major props to the one player in the room that told Tebow to "shut the f*ck up!"

utahphinsfan
03-28-2010, 01:52 AM

Its not what he is doing per se, but, how.

It IMO is all about theatrics and having a look at me moment. It amazes me that so many see this and praise Timmy for his leadership.

Passion? yeah. Leadership? Not so much.

Who knows maybe Timmy will end up in Minny and Favre can teach him about using a towel?

Major props to the one player in the room that told Tebow to "shut the f*ck up!"

Agreed.

Allegedly, there was one Gator WR that is thankful they will have a real QB this season.

RustyGator
03-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Wow, so much ignorance in the last few posts...I guess I'll have to straighten it out for the misinformed on here.

Perhaps you missed this....

"One of the number one things for me is being someone of character and when I say something people can take it to the bank," Tebow said. "That story is absolutely not true."http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/tebow-denies-wonderlic-incident/
If it were me, I think I'll believe the God-fearing Tebow over some ridiculous "report." He has a little more tact than what was reported in that story. And while I must admit the "story" is really funny, it just isn't true.

Next, the quote from the Gator WR who said it'll be nice to have a "real" QB was taken way out of context. Check out the whole interview and you'll see. What he meant is it'll be nice to have a "traditional" QB next year. And of course he would say that since Tim didn't have confidence in him after dropping some bombs and then not getting thrown to much after that.

And finally, seriously? Tim has passion, but not leadership? Really? I didn't realize the speech he gave after that Ole Miss game or the speech he gave during half time of the Nat'l Championship game against OU meant nothing. I'm sure the pumping up before games and the numerous other things he does to pump up his players meant nothing. Cool. That makes sense. The "theatrics" you talk about is glorified by the media...not by him. While it seems impossible to believe Tebow's "antics" are real...they are. This is who he is. It's not a game. It's not a show.

I still can't comprehend why so many people put this guy down. He's a good person. Why are so many people rooting against that? Is that what our society has come down to? Put your hatred towards the Gators away. The guy is a pure and good person. If such a person were a Cane or a Seminole, I would have no problem rooting for him in life (i.e., Warrick Dunn).

VT Dolphan
03-28-2010, 05:21 PM
We would be so blessed if we draft Tebow.

:rolleyes:

rev kev
03-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow, so much ignorance in the last few posts...I guess I'll have to straighten it out for the misinformed on here.

Perhaps you missed this....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/24/tebow-denies-wonderlic-incident/
If it were me, I think I'll believe the God-fearing Tebow over some ridiculous "report." He has a little more tact than what was reported in that story. And while I must admit the "story" is really funny, it just isn't true.

Next, the quote from the Gator WR who said it'll be nice to have a "real" QB was taken way out of context. Check out the whole interview and you'll see. What he meant is it'll be nice to have a "traditional" QB next year. And of course he would say that since Tim didn't have confidence in him after dropping some bombs and then not getting thrown to much after that.

And finally, seriously? Tim has passion, but not leadership? Really? I didn't realize the speech he gave after that Ole Miss game or the speech he gave during half time of the Nat'l Championship game against OU meant nothing. I'm sure the pumping up before games and the numerous other things he does to pump up his players meant nothing. Cool. That makes sense. The "theatrics" you talk about is glorified by the media...not by him. While it seems impossible to believe Tebow's "antics" are real...they are. This is who he is. It's not a game. It's not a show.

I still can't comprehend why so many people put this guy down. He's a good person. Why are so many people rooting against that? Is that what our society has come down to? Put your hatred towards the Gators away. The guy is a pure and good person. If such a person were a Cane or a Seminole, I would have no problem rooting for him in life (i.e., Warrick Dunn).

Sometimes Christians are lampooned for the right reasons - and anyone who writes Bible verses :rolleyes2: or any other phrase under their eye lids is open game...

RustyGator
03-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. And this isn't a religious context that I'm talking in. In fact, I'm not of the same religion and don't believe in a ton of what Tebow's family preaches. My point is that there is so much persecution against a guy who has such great morals, values, ethics, etc. Why is this? Why is there so much hatred for the man? I'd love my fellow Dolphin fans opinions on this.

rev kev
03-28-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. And this isn't a religious context that I'm talking in. In fact, I'm not of the same religion and don't believe in a ton of what Tebow's family preaches. My point is that there is so much persecution against a guy who has such great morals, values, ethics, etc. Why is this? Why is there so much hatred for the man? I'd love my fellow Dolphin fans opinions on this.

Anyone who writes on their face is deserving of a lampoon is all - I am proud of him as punch as a player as a leader - but don"t write on your face if you don"t want to be lampooned - like the Chad Johnson's of this world... No one is untouchable who begs the attention -

COphinphan89
03-28-2010, 07:45 PM
I highly doubt he'll go in the 1st, but my gut feeling is that he'll go in the 2nd or 3rd to either the Colts or the Pats. Those are two teams that work primarily out of the Gun and like to spread things out, but also have firmly entrenched starting QBs behind that Tim can sit behind and watch/learn/clipboard hold. But seeing him in NE would be a hell of a change as I'd be rooting against him every week. I don't get all the venom towards the guy either, but I don't really care. He has a lot to learn and if he makes it, he makes it, and if he doesn't, he doesn't.

X-Pacolypse
03-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Why? Because I'm sick and tired of him shoving his "religion" down the throats of the American public. He has his beliefs, and that's fine. But enough with the whole "holy roller", "I'm a good little Christian boy" crusade. It's simply sickening.

LikeUntoGod
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM

I don't believe in Gods, Elves, Witches etc so I could care less.

IMO, what bothers most people about Tim Tebow is that he was the QB on the college team that beat the college team they like (not that many will admit it). If he had been on their college's team and won so many games they would love him.

It's like Tom Brady. To be honest he is tall, good looking and well spoken, a leader, a winner and has a Model for a girlfriend. And the media tend to spend a lot more time talking about such people then players/teams that lose. So if you are a Patriots fan you love Tom Brady but if your team is beaten by him you hate him.

The Fox and the Grapes

A FAMISHED FOX saw some clusters of ripe black grapes hanging
from a trellised vine. She resorted to all her tricks to get at
them, but wearied herself in vain, for she could not reach them.
At last she turned away, hiding her disappointment and saying:
"The Grapes are sour, and not ripe as I thought."

BassFin
03-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Why? Because I'm sick and tired of him shoving his "religion" down the throats of the American public. He has his beliefs, and that's fine. But enough with the whole "holy roller", "I'm a good little Christian boy" crusade. It's simply sickening.

I don't think Tebow "shoves his religion down the throats of the American public." Yes he puts scripture passages on his cheeks but I wouldn't call that forcing your beliefs on others. As Christians, we are called to spread the word of God and the truth of Christ. It is a duty. In the grand scheme of life, he is doing that duty in a subtle way.

I'm not a Gator fans and I don't think Tebow will be an NFL QB, but I respect him for standing up for his convictions. He knows he will be persecuted for his beliefs and boy is he. But he's not concerned with his own glory.

And, if anything, it's the media who has magnified his religion and created this "holy roller" persona. He's just living his life. He's a good guy...Is he supposed to apologize for that?

GeauxFinns3705
03-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Or maybe this is the NFL where that garbage offense doesn't work. You aren't going to have WIDE OPEN WR's. Tighter windows to throw the ball having to read defenses, get under center. He can't do any of that. The kid won't be able to run like he used to he will get destroyed by the NFL players.

Watching that one kid from UK knock him silly was great viewing.

GeauxFinns3705
03-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, he'll get destroyed by top 10 pick Safeties like Eric Berry, right? You obviously haven't watched too many Gator games. You obviously haven't watched too many OU or UT games either where Bradford and McCoy were going against some of the worst defenses and throwing to 15-yard open receivers. Tebow played against the best defenses in college football (also evident by the amount of defenders drafted from the SEC every year). I've seen Tebow make tight passes and passes over finger tips in corners and sidelines all the time. I don't know why you think because Tebow took the ball from shotgun (which the likes of Manning and Brady do quite often as well) and run 5-10 options a game that he can't cut it to the NFL? I don't know why you think because he ran under a certain system in college, that his skills don't translate to the NFL. Please, indulge me...bring up some stats, please, anything.

Personally, I love this animosity towards Tebow. He's proven his critics wrong before and he'll prove them wrong again.

I watched the UK game. How did that turn out for Timmy?

GeauxFinns3705
03-29-2010, 12:26 AM

:bowdown:

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2010, 12:39 AM
I watched the UK game. How did that turn out for Timmy?

It was one game bro, and it was a free shot that came from Tebow's blind side. The hit did not hurt him, it was him hitting his head on the turf. Tebow kicked butt against almost everyone and took and gave hits that a lot of players could not have taken.

Get over yourself....:3w:

BobDole
03-29-2010, 12:48 AM
It was one game bro, and it was a free shot that came from Tebow's blind side. The hit did not hurt him, it was him hitting his head on the turf. Tebow kicked butt against almost everyone and took and gave hits that a lot of players could not have taken.

Get over yourself....:3w:

i think it was pouncey's knee he got KO'd on - but whatever i guess. i could name about every player from LSU's defense that tebow ran over at one time or another if that would make him feel better though.

FinsFanatic777
03-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Tim Tebow will be the best financial investment any team can make, period. His ability to draw crowds of people is ridiculous. He alone could solve the financial issues of numerous NFL teams.

He may be a terrible quarterback, but he is one of the hardest workers ever. The way he dedicates himself to the game is unbelievable, and even if it is indeed a longshot, just remember that this kid was also a longshot to survive birth too... He's been dealing with these kinds of things his whole life. He could be a bust, but if he actually develops into a good quarterback, then it will be the greatest pick a franchise could ever make.

Phin-Phan 66
03-29-2010, 02:38 AM
The guy is argueably the best college quarterback of all time.
Better than several QB's that were picked first overall (see for yourself with the attached link).
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html
Whether he makes it as an everydown QB at the next level is yet to be determined, but you can't question this kid's heart, his drive, his athletic ability (see combine numbers)or his college resume, 2 Nat'l titles, a Heisman, and a game away from playing for a 3rd. It's not his fault that the media can't get enough of him.
My guess is he'll go early in Round 2 and be developed by a team that won't need him to play too early.

dolfan_101
03-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Good, let someone fall!!:D