PDA

View Full Version : UM PRO DAY Sam SHIELDS SUB 4.3 Jimmy GRAHAM STUDS OUT

MARSHALLAW305
03-27-2010, 04:27 AM
As It Turns Out Not Only Did Jimmy Graham Show Off His Ability And Solidify His Status As A Te But Sam Shields May Have Made A Point For Himself As Well. He Ran An Official 4.28 At His Pro Day And Looked Great In Coverage It Is Possible Imo That He Could Be A 7th Rounder In This Years Draft. With All The Potential For An Upside I Would Take Him In The 7th Round Or At Least Invite Him To Camp As A Fa If He Doesn't Get Drafted. The Only Question There Would Be Will The Fins Fo Pull The Trigger On A Guy Who Was Arrested For Possession Of Weed A Couple Weeks B4 The Draft.

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 04:34 AM
How good was the bud? I would not put up with a guy that smokes crap.............

Im a big believer in speed. And I'd use very late draft picks on guys who if nothing else, can fly and play special teams.

I admit I know zip about this guy (he is a Cane after all) but if he can return punts and make tackles on kick offs I'm for him or someone like him.

Awsi Dooger
03-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Shields was the defensive circus act in 2009, opposite Graham's role on offense. He was inept on coverage early in the season. Bradford would have torched him deep 3 or 4 times. No exaggeration. It could have happened with Jones but they misfired on the second one then strangely opted elsewhere.

Shields would miss the initial bump then be flat footed paralyzed as the receiver burst past him. His great recovery speed sometimes minimized the extent of the error. Miami eventually moved him back off the line but he didn't fare much better.

I think he'll be at the mercy of top passing attacks in the NFL. Miami had too many top receivers so Shannon gave Shields a shot at CB, looking toward the draft. At any other school he'd have remained a wide out. I think it was a gaffe, like the Hester decision although Shields doesn't have the offensive upside that Hester did.

Rare sustained speed. Check the opening kickoff vs. Wisconsin, particularly the isolated view.

As a gunner Shields is fantastic getting to the spot at warp speed but he often is sidestepped and blows the tackle. He's easily detoured with the thin frame so it won't be as simple for him to beat the initial hassling in the NFL.

Clipse
03-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Would love both. Jimmy G will be a stud in this league. Shields has potential, but what I like the most is he can return kicks/punts, and that's something I wouldn't mind at all in the 7th.

Morey161
03-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Give me a couple of Canes in this draft. Jimmy G(3rd), Jason Fox(Should drop because of injuries), Sam Shields(7th or FA), Sharpton(Late)

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2010, 10:40 PM
If we take Shields late, it would be solely for return game abilities.

HurriPhin
03-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Man, I hope we get Jimmy Graham! :woot:

Danny
03-28-2010, 04:31 AM
I like Graham but I like Pitta better at this point.

Ozzy rules!!