PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 strong yet unpopular opinions

gcity305
03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
I am completely sold on the fact that we need to go WR or OLB at pick 12. Having said that, i am also completely sold on the fact that i want Demaryious Thomas over Dez Bryant if we go WR and completely sold that we need to go Sergio Kindle over Graham. And to go along with it I think that both of these decisions are no brainers.

On the D. Thomas decision, i just think there are alot less question marks about the kid off the field and on the field i think theyre pretty comparable talent wise but i love Damaryious' size

On the Kindle decision i think that Graham has a hell of a motor but i think hes an overachiever meaning he plays better than his athleticism should allow. Now im not saying thats a bad thing but i think it limits his upside. Kindle on the other hand has a great motor and just looks like an athletic beast. I think that he has a ton of upside and a much higher ceiling. i also think as he gets a little older hes gonna bulk up to the perfect size and with his athleticism hes gonna be a handful

Phin-Phan 66
03-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I personally don't agree on either. Bryant and Graham are the better, more productive players IMO.

gcity305
03-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I personally don't agree on either. Bryant and Graham are the better, more productive players IMO.

i agree that Bryant was more productive but i think it had alot to do with the system he was in, or actually more like the system that D. Thomas WASNT in. As far as talent what is it you like better about Bryant than Thomas? As far as speed they are pretty comparable, as far as size Thomas no doubt has the better size, and do you not think theyre hands are pretty comparable as well? Then when you take into consideration that Dez didnt play last year i think i like Thomas better

im not sure how the stats compare as far as the two OLBs are concerned but i think theres no argument in the athleticism category

NorFlaFin
03-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree on Kindle. I believe his ceiling is much higher.

Thomas..No.

NY8123
03-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I am completely sold on the fact that we need to go WR or OLB at pick 12. Having said that, i am also completely sold on the fact that i want Demaryious Thomas over Dez Bryant if we go WR and completely sold that we need to go Sergio Kindle over Graham. And to go along with it I think that both of these decisions are no brainers.

On the D. Thomas decision, i just think there are alot less question marks about the kid off the field and on the field i think theyre pretty comparable talent wise but i love Damaryious' size

On the Kindle decision i think that Graham has a hell of a motor but i think hes an overachiever meaning he plays better than his athleticism should allow. Now im not saying thats a bad thing but i think it limits his upside. Kindle on the other hand has a great motor and just looks like an athletic beast. I think that he has a ton of upside and a much higher ceiling. i also think as he gets a little older hes gonna bulk up to the perfect size and with his athleticism hes gonna be a handful

Thomas over Bryant is cool with me.

I would jump up and down if we could find someone to trade down with. Pick 22ish would be perfect plus a 3rd.

Phinatic8u
03-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Or just draft our biggest need in FS in the 1st. OLB & WR can wait till 2nd,

JCfinfan
03-27-2010, 05:06 PM
IMO, I wouldn't take Thomas at 12. Although I think he is a stud, I would rather trade down to get him. I think Dez will be a headache for years to come. I just think Sergio is too stiff. Just my opinion. I Like Graham better.

I'll probably be pissed if we draft Williams at 12. Just my thoughts

Digital
03-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I don't quite understand the infatuation many people have with Demaryious Thomas. Yes, he's big and has a fast top gear, but he's almost an H Back. He's big but he doesn't attack the ball ... his routes and lack of attacking the ball smells very strongly like Pick Six the opposite direction in the NFL. He's hard to bring down, but so are most TE's and H Backs. At best ... and he isn't anywhere near this good at the moment, I see him becoming a Shannon Sharpe if he is very very lucky.

Just because he was played at WR in college where he physically outmatched all his competition, doesn't mean he will so greatly physically overmatch CB's in the NFL. Let's face it, collegiate CB's are rarely competent by NFL standards. They are physically slow so they allow more cushion, they tend to be small and slow to diagnose, giving someone like DT all day to set up his route. Thomas seems very raw to me, and I might go so far as to say he's a project in much the same way Ted Ginn has turned out to be. Physical ability? Yes and a lot of it. Talent for the position? No, not really.

Dez is the opposite. He may not have the top gear speed, but the guy is a monster physically, just as quick as DT, and a hundred times better receiver already. We can debate the 'character issues' but the way I see it, his suspension wasn't because of a temper, guns, illegal activity, personal disputes, failure to follow a coach's direction, or drugs. It was simply a one-time bad choice that I'm quite confident he will not make again. Had he never made this mistake and played this season we would likely be talking about him in the Top 5. Michael Crabtree--even after his holdout--proved to be as good as advertised. Dez is better than Crabtree.

As for Kindle ... not quite sure I like either OLB. Both seem to have major flaws to me. If Ricky Sapp is available in round 2 or 3 I'd see that as a better solution as long as we're gambling on an OLB.

eric1317
03-27-2010, 05:52 PM
The way I see it thomas has two things over bryant; no charactor issues and better blocking ability. Considering our offense and front office Thomas may be a better fit but I'd like us to trade down to get him. I'd settle for a pick in the late teens with a 4th thrown in, but would wet myself if we got a 3rd. I also think there will be alot of value at the olb spot in the second round.
The realist in me thinks we will not be able to trade down(only the Pats get to do that), we won't draft a WR in the 1st(BP gets his way), and I wouldn't be suprised if we went back to back olb in the 1st and 2nd rounds. I desperately want a offensive playmaker early in the draft but I expect to be disappointed.

bigchub22
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
A big Hell NO to Sergio... I am not a fan of his one bit

SnakeoilSeller
03-27-2010, 06:13 PM
If we go WR @ #12, then I think it has to be Bryant.

rent this space
03-27-2010, 06:32 PM
looks like Kindle has an alcohol problem, seems too risky at 12

finfan54
03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
we are looking at guys like Mike Williams and Taylor Price and Scott Long. Get ready for big dissapointment on the WR front.

We will be drafting Defense, OL in late rounds ladies.

It will look something like this IMO

OLB
DT
TE
S
WR
RB
OL
OLB/ILB
STer (WR/TE/RB type)

Danny
03-28-2010, 04:38 AM
I want Bryant at 12 if we go offence.Kindle at 43 if he's there I'd be ok with but I think he'll be gone by then.

Ozzy rules!!

#1dolphinsfan
03-28-2010, 04:53 AM
If we go any WR with the 12th pick it better be Dez Bryant

Phin-Phan 66
03-29-2010, 04:18 AM
If we go any WR with the 12th pick it better be Dez Bryant

agreed - if we don't pick Dez at 12, we shouldn't pick a receiver at 12.