PDA

View Full Version : Tebow better than Manning?

Phin-Phan 66
03-27-2010, 09:31 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html

We have all heard and read more than we ever wanted to about Tebow, but this article gives a really strong arguement why Tebow will be picked higher than most of us believe. :ponder::ponder::ponder:

GeauxFinns3705
03-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Better than which Manning? Olivia? Yeah, maybe. ROFL..the Tebow Pimps need to get over him already. He ain't in college anymore. And he cries more than probably all the Manning family combined. Watching him on the sidelines vs Bama was priceless!

#1dolphinsfan
03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
no just no

RustyGator
03-27-2010, 04:09 PM
I think it's amazing all the scrutiny that Tebow is under just because his motion starts a little low and slows down his release (fixable...as we've seen in 2 months already). I'm sure all of you will find a way to bash any stat that comes out about Tim Tebow...purely because you hate him...but the fact is, he is, and will be a very good QB. The sooner you accept it, the easier it'll be when you see it with your own eyes (of course you'll just be in denial at that point). Anyways, another stat more NFL related...this is not my work but from another forum:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the controversial "real quarterback" thing got me thinking about last season's offense. Fowler made a specific point about Tebow in the article:

For all Tim Tebow’s accomplishments, he didn’t exactly spread the ball around during his final year in Gainesville. And no receiver suffered more than Thompson, who finished the year with 24 catches for 343 yards and four touchdowns.Senior wide receiver Riley Cooper and tight end Aaron Hernandez accounted for 119 of last year’s 249 available receptions, leaving 11 offensive playmakers to fend for the other 130.
So I wanted to see if Tebow really failed to "spread the ball around". I went back and looked at last year's stats for Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen, and Tony Pike. I didn't use Bradford since he only played part of the year. I compared the percentage of receptions made by the top 2 receivers for each.

Tim Tebow: 48% of total receptions made by Hernandez and Cooper

Colt McCoy: 45% of total receptions made by Shipley and Kirkendoll

Jimmy Clausen: 46% of total receptions made by Tate and Floyd

Tony Pike: 48% of total receptions made by Gilyard and Binns

In terms of percentages, Tebow favored his top 2 receivers at roughly the same rate as his peers. Granted, he did not throw the ball nearly as much as those guys, but when he did, he did not favor certain receivers any more than they did. Tebow also favored Harvin and Caldwell 48% of the time in 2007, when he won the Heisman.

That Jimmy Clausen is up there is amazing to me because Floyd was out half the year with that broken collarbone. Talk about locking onto guys...

GeauxFinns3705
03-27-2010, 06:46 PM
And when he played in the Senior Bowl, they said he was the sixth best QB...and since there were only six there, one might translate that into saying he was the "worst" QB there. But, he makes sense in Jax. Gator fans are so stupid they will pay to see a UF player even if he sucks.

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
And when he played in the Senior Bowl, they said he was the sixth best QB...and since there were only six there, one might translate that into saying he was the "worst" QB there. But, he makes sense in Jax. Gator fans are so stupid they will pay to see a UF player even if he sucks.

And Pat White was the MVP and "Best" QB the year before at the Senior Bowl, LOL. :crazy:

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 07:00 PM
I think it's amazing all the scrutiny that Tebow is under just because his motion starts a little low and slows down his release (fixable...as we've seen in 2 months already). I'm sure all of you will find a way to bash any stat that comes out about Tim Tebow...purely because you hate him...but the fact is, he is, and will be a very good QB. The sooner you accept it, the easier it'll be when you see it with your own eyes (of course you'll just be in denial at that point). Anyways, another stat more NFL related...this is not my work but from another forum:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but the controversial "real quarterback" thing got me thinking about last season's offense. Fowler made a specific point about Tebow in the article:

Senior wide receiver Riley Cooper and tight end Aaron Hernandez accounted for 119 of last year’s 249 available receptions, leaving 11 offensive playmakers to fend for the other 130.
So I wanted to see if Tebow really failed to "spread the ball around". I went back and looked at last year's stats for Colt McCoy, Jimmy Clausen, and Tony Pike. I didn't use Bradford since he only played part of the year. I compared the percentage of receptions made by the top 2 receivers for each.

In terms of percentages, Tebow favored his top 2 receivers at roughly the same rate as his peers. Granted, he did not throw the ball nearly as much as those guys, but when he did, he did not favor certain receivers any more than they did. Tebow also favored Harvin and Caldwell 48% of the time in 2007, when he won the Heisman.

That Jimmy Clausen is up there is amazing to me because Floyd was out half the year with that broken collarbone. Talk about locking onto guys...

Stop using those fancy "facts" and "logic", you know that often does not work, LOL. :rimshot:

LikeUntoGod
03-27-2010, 07:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/kerry_byrne/03/22/tim.tebow/index.html

We have all heard and read more than we ever wanted to about Tebow, but this article gives a really strong arguement why Tebow will be picked higher than most of us believe. :ponder::ponder::ponder:

Oddly, I lot of people still think he was a "dink and dunk" QB in college and was very inaccurate. The truth is that throwing long is what he does very very well. He has a strong arm, he could throw Pat White 10 yards. :lol2:

jim1
03-27-2010, 07:26 PM

Senior wide receiver Riley Cooper and tight end Aaron Hernandez accounted for 119 of last year’s 249 available receptions, leaving 11 offensive playmakers to fend for the other 130.

As with the Percy Harvin bashing last year- where are those people now?- the solution is simple: we'll see what happens. Bashing Tebow is a sport on this site. And agreed on Claussen, I think that he's overrated.

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 08:06 PM
its like ppl want him to be something he inst. he is a great leader, and thats about it. he is showing that he wants to change and be successful, but when it comes down to it and is under pressure the guy will just go back to his regular throwing motion. he is to much of a risk to be a 1st or 2nd. but someone will pull the trigger early, and i think it will be jacksonville.

Clipse
03-27-2010, 09:00 PM
:lol2: Tebow will never be better than Manning. He won't even be a quarter of the player manning is...

Phin-Phan 66
03-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Tebow was a better college player than either Manning. Better stats, a Heisman, and 2 Nat'l Championships. Peyton has NONE of the above. And Peyton never beat the Gators in four years of trying.
Manning will definitely be the better pro IMO, and I went to Florida.

X-Pacolypse
03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Shebow couldn't carry Peyton or Eli's jockstrap.

sinPHIN
03-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Shebow couldn't carry Peyton or Eli's jockstrap.
:lol2: very true sir!

Vertical Limit
03-27-2010, 10:18 PM
His motion isn't low anymore he has worked on it. I think he will be fine but he needs to sit out about 2-3 years before seeing any playing time as a starter.

utahphinsfan
03-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Better than which Manning? Olivia? Yeah, maybe. ROFL..the Tebow Pimps need to get over him already. He ain't in college anymore. And he cries more than probably all the Manning family combined. Watching him on the sidelines vs Bama was priceless!

Agreed. Its funny because its true.

I think alot of teams will shy away from Timmy just because of the media circus that will be associated with him.

I'd even prefer a Diva WR w/ an incredible amount of issues (D Bryant or M Williams) than T-bo.

RustyGator
03-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, it must suck to have a guy on your team that will give 120%, motivate others around him, not cause any trouble whatsoever, etc. etc. What a loser for being a good guy and a great influence on his teammates. It must also suck, for let's say a team like Jacksonville, to have a bunch of media at their facilities (for once) and a bunch of fans showing up to watch.

footsteps falco
03-28-2010, 12:23 AM
too much talk about tebow and not enough about zac robinson

Clipse
03-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it must suck to have a guy on your team that will give 120%, motivate others around him, not cause any trouble whatsoever, etc. etc. What a loser for being a good guy and a great influence on his teammates. It must also suck, for let's say a team like Jacksonville, to have a bunch of media at their facilities (for once) and a bunch of fans showing up to watch.
And will suck a whole lot more when a team drafts Tebow high because he's a good leader, and because there's media in their facility, just for him to completely blow and wash away into obscurity leaving his team worse off.

ZachThomas76
03-28-2010, 03:00 AM

and think too, Jacksonville could have like a "get your kid circumsized at halftime day". give Tim something to do in between the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

jim1
03-28-2010, 03:07 AM
The collection of anti Tebow rodents has emreged. We'll see how high he's drafted and how well he does in the pros. God knows this internet brain trust knows more about Tebow than the teams who are no doubt willing to draft him in the first or second rounds. Again, for pure comedy, sort out the Harvin bashers and compare their opinions to how he actually did in his rookie year. Evaluators of talent for sure.

ZachThomas76
03-28-2010, 03:14 AM
The collection of anti Tebow rodents has emrged. We'll see how high he's drafted and how well he does in the pros. God knows this internet brain trust knows more about Tebow than the teams who are no doubt willing to draft him in the first or second rounds. Again, for pure comedy, sort out the Harvin bashers and compare their opinions to how he actually did in his rookie year. Evaluators of talent for sure.

When Tim Tebow turns into a stud NFL qb, you can come throw it in this "rodents" face. Ill man up if Im wrong. Too bad the sheep on another site who saw fit to ban me for calling such studs as Ted Ginn and John Beck bums the minute they were drafted couldnt do the same. Its ironic their go between and biggest Tebow groupie is now posting on here........

LikeUntoGod
03-28-2010, 12:29 PM
When Tim Tebow turns into a stud NFL qb, you can come throw it in this "rodents" face. Ill man up if Im wrong. Too bad the sheep on another site who saw fit to ban me for calling such studs as Ted Ginn and John Beck bums the minute they were drafted couldnt do the same. Its ironic their go between and biggest Tebow groupie is now posting on here........

O be honest, you were banned for a number of reasons, LOL.

jim1
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM

Groupie? Get real, I just call them like I see them. Not liking a player is one thing, but I've never seen so many snarky comments about a player in my life. And since you're apparently so interested in my activities on Dolphins sites you might have noticed that the articles which I post go to this site, not the other.

Possum
03-28-2010, 02:28 PM
one thing came to mind while reading the title: :lol2:

Phin-Phan 66
03-28-2010, 06:22 PM
The article quoted in the start of this thread CLEARLY shows who was the best college QB - and that was TEBOW. Manning will be the better pro. Look at the stats in the article. Tebow was the better collegiate player.