PDA

View Full Version : Draft Options

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
If I was the Coach and do not trade down I would like to fill in all needs the first four rounds. I do not want to touch a TE or RB in the first 4 rounds...
Also I believe if we dont get Dez,Benn,or Thomas then we should hold of in the 4th to get Mike Williams since this dude can play and talent wise he should be a 1st to 2nd round pick.
I also believe we should not touch a NT in the first round.
I also believe we should get OLB 1st round or 2nd round.

Some of my first 4 round mocks...

1.Derrick Morgan
2.Terrence Cody
3.Morgan Burnett/Reshad Jones
4.Mike Williams

1.Earl Thomas
2.Jerry Hughes/Everson Griffen/Ricky Sapp
3.Cam Thomas/Torell Troupe/Linval Joseph
4.Mike Williams

1.Dez Bryant
2.Jerry Hughes/Everson Griffen/Ricky Sapp
4.Torell Troupe/Linval Joseph/Jeff Owens

1.Derrick Morgan
2.Demaryius Thomas/Benn
4.Torell Troupe/Linval Joseph/Jeff Owens

If I was incharge for drafting my blue print would look like this...

For those who want a TE so Early.Why? TE is not a major need and we can get a TE in the 6th.

Morey161
03-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I have to disagree to where you say TE is not a need. I feel it is a need and a good TE can stretch the field A LOT. I don't want to take one in the first two rounds. But I would love to get Jimmy G in round 3. I really think that kid will turn out to be one of the best in the league.

clashcityrocker
03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Option 3 please.

clashcityrocker
03-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Bryant, Hughes or Griffen, Burnett, Owens and I would skeet...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Dont get me wrong TE is a need but FS,NT,OLB,WR is a much larger need and we should fill them before TE. Plus im not a fan of Jimmy Graham he is Overrated yes he has the athleticsim and body to be real good but he is unproven...

HawkDolphan
03-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Well, it seems to me you are a pretty big fan of Georgia Tech, considering Derrick Morgan, Morgan Bennett and DeMaryus Thomas show up so much.

I don't see it. D Thomas was productive all year - no question (except for the bowl game, but I believe QB deficiencies have a lot to do with that)

Let's face it. The Georgia Tech defense was HORRIBLE all year! Teams ran all over them! I know it is a team game, but if Morgan and Bennett were any good, they wouldn't have such a bad defense. Yes, they won the ACC and ended up 11-2. IMO it was because most teams didn't have time to figure out how to stop that Triple-option offense.

My perspective is centered around Iowa's beat down of the Ramblin' Wreck in the orange bowl, where Bennett got torched TWICE in the first quarter for TD's and Morgan didn't do SQUAT the entire game. Still, I saw enough highlights where Tech allowed 35+ points to convince me that there were NOT two first day picks on that defense. NO WAY!

I saw barely enough of TCU over the last 2 years to know that they have a seriously good defense. It is spearheaded by Jerry Hughes and Daryl Washington. These would be much better choices IMO, regardless of height, weight, 40 time or bench presses. These guys performed on the field.

I've been wrong before, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Well, it seems to me you are a pretty big fan of Georgia Tech, considering Derrick Morgan, Morgan Bennett and DeMaryus Thomas show up so much.

I don't see it. D Thomas was productive all year - no question (except for the bowl game, but I believe QB deficiencies have a lot to do with that)

Let's face it. The Georgia Tech defense was HORRIBLE all year! Teams ran all over them! I know it is a team game, but if Morgan and Bennett were any good, they wouldn't have such a bad defense. Yes, they won the ACC and ended up 11-2. IMO it was because most teams didn't have time to figure out how to stop that Triple-option offense.

My perspective is centered around Iowa's beat down of the Ramblin' Wreck in the orange bowl, where Bennett got torched TWICE in the first quarter for TD's and Morgan didn't do SQUAT the entire game. Still, I saw enough highlights where Tech allowed 35+ points to convince me that there were NOT two first day picks on that defense. NO WAY!

I saw barely enough of TCU over the last 2 years to know that they have a seriously good defense. It is spearheaded by Jerry Hughes and Daryl Washington. These would be much better choices IMO, regardless of height, weight, 40 time or bench presses. These guys performed on the field.

I've been wrong before, but that's just my 2 cents worth.

I actuall dont like Georgia Tech at all lol Im a Auburn fan lol All I can say is these Georgia Tech players did there job on the field...

Morey161
03-28-2010, 12:57 AM
Well you don't have to like Jimmy G. but he is still going to be good as ****. I hope....lol

matt11390
03-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Fasano can stretch the field and be a very good tight end. He is young and fast. He just needs to get his act together.

Danny
03-28-2010, 04:20 AM
The only option I like is 3 and I'd be very upset if we take Morgan at 12

Ozzy rules!!

#1dolphinsfan
03-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Option 1 or 3

emeraldfin
03-28-2010, 05:50 AM
Without a doubt 3.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Well you don't have to like Jimmy G. but he is still going to be good as ****. I hope....lol

I like him as a person he is a good guy but dont like the fact of takin him early when he is unproven...He has not done one thing in college...

baseballcb95
03-28-2010, 07:53 AM
How bout this.........

Trade: Smiley for a 4th rounder
Draft:
1)Dez Bryant, WR
2)Jerry Hughes, WOLB
3)Jason Worlids, SOLB
4)Jeff Owens, NT
4)Dennis Pitta, TE

Then after june 1st, write a blank check to AJ Otogwe.

From Porter, Crowder, Ayodele, Taylor to Worlids, Dansby, Crowder, Hughes/Wake

While getting our Number one WR, some upside guys, and NT depth/starter.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Id be very happy my friend...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I would do this Trade Smiley for a 4th...
Trade Cam, Thigpen and 7th for 4th...

If we sign Atogwe

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Jerry Hughes OLB
3. Jason Worilds OLB
4. Linval Joseph NT
4. Dennis Pitta TE
4. Mike Williams WR

If we dont sign Atogwe

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Jerry Hughes OLB
3. Morgan Burnett/Reshad Jones FS