PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card

Dajesus
03-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Seattle, San Fran, and Arizona all pick after us in the first round, and all need a QB. There is a very good chance Clausen will be available at #12 and that could open the flood gates for Miami to trade the pick. I would love to see Miami move out of spot and pick up a 2nd round pick.

TheBow305
03-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I would LOVE to trade down and select Demaryius Thomas a little later in the 1st. And get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in return.

Ozfin77
03-28-2010, 02:13 PM
If we're talking WR's I'd rather get Arrelious Benn.

Good point you make though...Should sure be interesting...I cant wait til draft weekend!!...lol.

Dajesus
03-28-2010, 10:24 PM
I think the best case scenario would be if Clausen was available, and the Seahawks wanted to jump ahead of San Fran to grab him. We would only move down two spots, and could grab a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Arizona would also be a good scenario for us. Move way down in the first and grab a serious need that would not warrant the #12 pick, IE Cody, Tate, or Mays. We could still a get a starter at a need like NT, FS, or WR, and pick up an additional 2nd round choice.

Clausen can really help Miami possibly more than the player we end up drafting. We need picks, as we need to fill starting holes at WR, FS, both and both OLBs.

FINS4LIFE16
03-28-2010, 11:26 PM
The seahawks just traded for whitehurst so I think they'll give him a chance before drafting a qb that early. And Alex Smith played well enough to warrant another year as the starting qb before the niners need to start worrying about drafting a qb that high as well.

3rdandinches
03-28-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't see him getting past Buffalo!

Dajesus
03-29-2010, 04:34 AM
The seahawks just traded for whitehurst so I think they'll give him a chance before drafting a qb that early. And Alex Smith played well enough to warrant another year as the starting qb before the niners need to start worrying about drafting a qb that high as well.

You got me on the Whitehurst one. I do not see San Fran feeling confident with Alex Smith, so they could pull the trigger on Clausen if he is available. They also have two first round picks, so this might be the year for them to try to get a QB. We would need San Fran to want him and AZ wanting to get ahead of them to grab him. It is doubtful, but you never know.

If Buffalo grabs a QB with out signing 5 o-lineman they are crazy. If I was Clausen and they took me I would set my a$$ out to avoid ending up like David Carr.

emeraldfin
03-29-2010, 04:36 AM
I don't see him getting past Buffalo!

Nor do I. No way do I see him lasting till 12.