PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Price? What do you guys know about him as WR?

Xeticus
03-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm looking at combine results and I'm interested in Taylor Price from OSU. 6' tall with a 4.40 time, fast 10 yard time of 1.50 and a fast 3 cone shuttle time of 6.82 Similar measurables to Davone Bess but better. Taller, higher top end speed, faster acceleration and very nimble in the 3 cone drill.

Looks good to me on paper. How good is he as a player? Any chance he's available in the 3rd round?

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Derek Hagan had a 1.5 split also.

FinAtic8480
03-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I know he interviewed with Fins. I'll try to find you more info

#1dolphinsfan
03-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I like Price i think he is a very good WR

FinAtic8480
03-28-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIOwxj0oh6Q

Check this video out the kid is tough, I also liked his route runner and like his deep threat ability. Just my opinion on a couple plays.

Xeticus
03-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Is he a legitimate deep threat? Does he seem like the kind of guy Parcells and Sparano would go for?

skipp2myloo13
03-28-2010, 09:08 PM
he is nothing like Davone Bess. He is bigger, more physical, less quick, faster, doesnt run as good of routes. He is like 6'2 i believe. He went to Ohio- not OSU. he is one the best flyers i would take this draft. On my list he is right after Dez, Benn, Tate, Thomas. Mike Williams is close. MArcus Easily is another kid-from UCONN-sub 4.4. 6'2 ish.

Xeticus
03-29-2010, 11:29 AM
he is nothing like Davone Bess. He is bigger, more physical, less quick, faster, doesnt run as good of routes. He is like 6'2 i believe. He went to Ohio- not OSU. he is one the best flyers i would take this draft. On my list he is right after Dez, Benn, Tate, Thomas. Mike Williams is close. MArcus Easily is another kid-from UCONN-sub 4.4. 6'2 ish.
So he's big, physical and fast. Not quick though? How elusive is he? Is he a possible 3rd or 4th rounder for us you think?

clashcityrocker
03-29-2010, 04:57 PM
CK did a great in-depth writeup on Price on the Universal Draft website. More information than you'll probably ever want about price, plus a fantastic highlights video vs the Vols.

http://www.universaldraft.com/2010/01/07/2010-spotlight-wr-taylor-price-ohio-bobcats/

hooshoops
03-29-2010, 05:13 PM
how can anyone be a draft analyst here and not know anything about taylor price???

top 5 wr on my board...should be in that 3rd round window...i'd say

jim1
03-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Fast but not quick, shifty or explosve. I'm not really all that big of a fan. I'd take Dezmon Briscoe ahead of Taylor Price, easily. To me this guy is case in point that 40 time isn't everything. An even better example of that is Ted Ginn.

hooshoops
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
i gotta say i disagree with you jim...i see a sudden player...fast and has burst...i don't know that i see a guy who's going to leap into the air and make catches high pointing the ball but i see a guy who gets separation and has pretty good quicks...and a willing physical kid

dez briscoe lacks speed lacks acceleration lacks separation... nothing sudden about him..not a fan

jim1
03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
i gotta say i disagree with you jim...i see a sudden player...fast and explosive...i don't know that i see a guy who's going to leap into the air and make catches high pointing the ball but i see a guy who gets separation and has pretty good quicks...and a willing physical kid

dez briscoe lacks speed lacks acceleration lacks separation... nothing sudden about him..not a fan

We'll have to agree to disagree. My opinion is that there's nothing particulaly sudden or explosive of Taylor Price. Briscoe disappointed with his combine 40 time, but I like his movement skills better.

hooshoops
03-29-2010, 06:09 PM
yet dez briscoe is sudden??? there was nothing showing any burst or acceleration in briscoe's routes at the combine...and there isn't on tape either...

danario alexander 2.0

DKphin
03-29-2010, 06:12 PM
27. WR Taylor Price 6'1"209lbs.

Taylor Price is not very well known outside of the Mid-American Conference (especially since the Bobcats of Ohio would prefer to keep the ball on the ground), but Price has had a solid career in Athens. As a true freshman he was thrown into the mix and caught nine passes for 77 yards, and also returned some kick-offs and punts. In 2007 his role was expanded: He caught 33 passes for 464 yards and four touchdowns, but he did a lot more than that. In addition to catching the ball and returning some kicks, Price also carried the ball six times for 23 yards and threw two passes for 50 yards and a touchdown. In 2008 Price set a school record by catching 14 passes against Wyoming and ended the season ranking fourth all-time catching 51 passes in a single season. Those 51 catches went for 694 yards and five touchdowns. Through 11 games in 2009, Price is putting up similar numbers during his senior campaign. He has 48 receptions for 639 yards and five scores.
Price will continue to go under the radar since he plays on a team that lacks a history of successful receivers at any level. His numbers are not that great and never will be at Ohio, but he is a good receiver who runs good routes and has a decent combination of size and speed. He may not get drafted very high, but he could turn into a decent third or fourth receiver in the NFL.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=2314 (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2314)

Xeticus
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Nice. Looking at his combine results and pro day results I saw someone with good measurables that the FO would like. Sounds like someone who is talented but still could be had in the 3rd round. Kind of exciting.

Xeticus
04-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Well it looks like according to our in house draftniks at universaldraft.com that Taylor Price has a meeting scheduled with the FO. I really think we're not going to pick Dez Bryant even if he's available at 12 and will go with another option in rounds 2 or 3.

DKphin
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Well it looks like according to our in house draftniks at universaldraft.com that Taylor Price has a meeting scheduled with the FO. I really think we're not going to pick Dez Bryant even if he's available at 12 and will go with another option in rounds 2 or 3.
I agree

datruth55
04-03-2010, 03:02 AM
Price measured in at 6' 0 3/8" and 204 lbs at the combine.

He's quick and has really good top end speed. Above average route runner for a college kid. Accelerates quickly once he makes the catch. Doesn't have a knack for making spectacular grabs and doesn't always find the ball fast enough on the shorter routes. He's better than average at blocking in the run game. Tough and he fights for extra yards.

He played on the North squad at the senior bowl so I'm sure the Dolphins staff got a good look at him even though they didn't coach him.