PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mock

BobDole
03-28-2010, 05:48 PM
1. earl thomas - FS - texas - can't miss as far as i'm concerned. excellent ball skills and true cover safety. hasn't even close to peaked yet as an athlete - nothing but upside.

2. arrelious benn - WR - illinois - typical tough WR this regime likes. with his lack of production last year he may well fall to the 2nd. bruiser whose quick enough to elude tacklers or take them on and run over them. excellent blocker. plays with no fear and has great vision. he's my favorite WR this year - like him more than bryant. while i'd rather wait and delve into the crazy deep WR class next year it doesn't seem we're gonna fill the void at #1 - and we just can't afford to go into next year with the same WR corps.

3. ed dickson - TE - oregon - one of only 3 TE's i like in this class. good size and speed - good hands - good blocker. doesn't do anything off the charts great but does everything very well. legitimate threat in the passing game. could easily challenge fasano for the starting job - but either way they would be a nice 1-2 punch.

4. brandon lang - OLB - troy - ideal size (6'3"3/4 266 lbs) for an OLB in the traditional parcells system. biggest strength is his ability to rush off the edge so this makes a lot of sense. good production the last few years with 19 sacks. very fluid and knows how to use his hips as well as drop into coverage. one of the very few players in this draft that i like at 3-4 OLB - and am glad his stock hasn't ballooned.

6a. ben tate - RB - auburn - i'm pulling the crazy again and saying tate will fall this far. great size and speed for the position. the kind of downhill runner that makes sense to have behind a mauling o-line - unlike those shifty guys like spiller and mccluster that make zero sense in our system. have liked him his entire career and hope he drops. i'd like a RB with this pick so dixon, miller, or anderson here would be acceptable.

6b. linval joseph - NT - east carolina - dude is a monster at 330 lbs and is strong as an oxe - as was seen with his 39 reps on the bench. didn't run too bad either with a 5.11 forty. with how deep the class is at this position i think we can afford to wait until here to grab a few NT's.

6c. ekom udofia - NT - stanford - another monster at 330 lbs who was a mauler in college. i watched some stanford games just to see him plow through o-linemen. him, joseph, and soliai will be a real nice rotation at NT - just sub these monsters in and out to get breathers. i see no problem with that.

7a. brandon carter - OG - texas tech - big boy at 6'6" 330 lbs. typical brawler this regime likes on the o-line. has some serious limitations with his athleticism so will easily fall to the 7th.

7b. emmanuel sanders - WR - southern methodist - burner who has the balls to return kicks without falling down or running out of bounds. great production in college with nearly 4,000 receiving yards so he might not be here - who knows. if he's gone i'd take kelton tindal here with his 4.25 40.

7c. erik cook - C - new mexico - another big boy at 6'6" and is the traditional mauler type we like on the o-line.

jim1
03-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Good mock. I'd be happy with the first two picks, but I don't see Benn falling that far. I'd be elated if he did. I'd still like Sean Lee if he lasted until our 3rd pick. As to a TE, I have a feeling that Fasano will turn it on again next year, assuming that he's still with us. I like the Ben Tate pick, but I wonder if he'll last that long. Good, hard fast runner.

COphinphan89
03-28-2010, 07:23 PM
I love it.

skipp2myloo13
03-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Oh boy. That is exciting.

j-off-her-doll
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Love your first two rounds, but I don't like your 3rd and 4th.

Morey161
03-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Jimmy G in the 3rd if he is there please and thank you. Nice work though.

X-Pacolypse
03-28-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm down with that mock draft. Nice job!

BobDole
03-29-2010, 12:05 AM
thanks fellas. i would love for it to shake out like this - and i actually picked the type of players this regime likes (as opposed to the players (norwood) that i like) so this isn't too insane. the only wishful thinking one was tate - but i can dream - can't i?

i'll throw out some 'thanks' once that gets up and running.

TheBow305
03-29-2010, 12:34 AM
I'd be very happy with that draft!

dtjp17
03-29-2010, 03:11 AM
benn wont fall past the 20's in the frist

Danny
03-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Not a bad draft but everyone should know by now that there isn't such a thing as a "can't miss" prospect.

Ozzy rules!!

emeraldfin
03-29-2010, 04:51 AM
benn wont fall past the 20's in the frist

Maybe Benn will not be there, but I do think one of the top 5 receivers will be there for us in the 2nd round.

j-off-her-doll
03-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Lang looks stiff and slow, and I think Pitta will be there in the 3rd.

newlownorder
03-29-2010, 07:37 AM
1. earl thomas - FS - texas - can't miss as far as i'm concerned. excellent ball skills and true cover safety. hasn't even close to peaked yet as an athlete - nothing but upside.

2. arrelious benn - WR - illinois - typical tough WR this regime likes. with his lack of production last year he may well fall to the 2nd. bruiser whose quick enough to elude tacklers or take them on and run over them. excellent blocker. plays with no fear and has great vision. he's my favorite WR this year - like him more than bryant. while i'd rather wait and delve into the crazy deep WR class next year it doesn't seem we're gonna fill the void at #1 - and we just can't afford to go into next year with the same WR corps.

3. ed dickson - TE - oregon - one of only 3 TE's i like in this class. good size and speed - good hands - good blocker. doesn't do anything off the charts great but does everything very well. legitimate threat in the passing game. could easily challenge fasano for the starting job - but either way they would be a nice 1-2 punch.

4. brandon lang - OLB - troy - ideal size (6'3"3/4 266 lbs) for an OLB in the traditional parcells system. biggest strength is his ability to rush off the edge so this makes a lot of sense. good production the last few years with 19 sacks. very fluid and knows how to use his hips as well as drop into coverage. one of the very few players in this draft that i like at 3-4 OLB - and am glad his stock hasn't ballooned.

6a. ben tate - RB - auburn - i'm pulling the crazy again and saying tate will fall this far. great size and speed for the position. the kind of downhill runner that makes sense to have behind a mauling o-line - unlike those shifty guys like spiller and mccluster that make zero sense in our system. have liked him his entire career and hope he drops. i'd like a RB with this pick so dixon, miller, or anderson here would be acceptable.

6b. linval joseph - NT - east carolina - dude is a monster at 330 lbs and is strong as an oxe - as was seen with his 39 reps on the bench. didn't run too bad either with a 5.11 forty. with how deep the class is at this position i think we can afford to wait until here to grab a few NT's.

6c. ekom udofia - NT - stanford - another monster at 330 lbs who was a mauler in college. i watched some stanford games just to see him plow through o-linemen. him, joseph, and soliai will be a real nice rotation at NT - just sub these monsters in and out to get breathers. i see no problem with that.

7a. brandon carter - OG - texas tech - big boy at 6'6" 330 lbs. typical brawler this regime likes on the o-line. has some serious limitations with his athleticism so will easily fall to the 7th.

7b. emmanuel sanders - WR - southern methodist - burner who has the balls to return kicks without falling down or running out of bounds. great production in college with nearly 4,000 receiving yards so he might not be here - who knows. if he's gone i'd take kelton tindal here with his 4.25 40.

7c. erik cook - C - new mexico - another big boy at 6'6" and is the traditional mauler type we like on the o-line.

1) Earl Thomas-no problems, he's young, ballhawks, shows good instincts and reacts well.
2) Benn- Probably won't be there at 43. Inconsistency makes me nervous but has upside.
3) Dickson- Wouldn't complain, I have other TE's rated higher and going in the 4th round but you like what you like.
4) Lang- Was a fan, watched more film, not a fan at all. Too stiff and too slow. Production is there but hasn't ballooned for a reason.
6a) Tate- Didn't watch too many Auburn games this year, I don't know if this is the year to address RB with Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs and Hillard.
6b and c) I have no problem w/ phins taking two NT's, it makes sense, plus I do like those guys.
7a) Carter-Fits the size category but I think the guard position (even with a Smiley trade) is pretty good.
7b) Sanders- heard about it, have not seen any film so I won't judge either way. I give you props for doing your work and evaluating him
7c) Cook- again, fits the size requirement, no problems with the pick.

HawkDolphan
03-30-2010, 02:07 AM
I like it! I'd be very happy with that draft. I've heard that Linvall Joseph is more like a 3rd or 4th, but it takes care of WR, S, OLB on the first day. The trifecta have proven that they can take a NT much later.

Naturally, I'd like to see the TE be Moeaki from Iowa, but then I'm seriously biased.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
I love it all but Linval and Ben will not be there in the sixth...

BobDole
03-30-2010, 07:48 AM
yeah i didn't even know joseph's stock had increased so much since the combine. i need to be more informed apparently. lame.

seltzer37
03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm down with your picks I would be Happy with them.