PDA

View Full Version : Suh to Patriots??????

normaniii
03-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Let me just say, I started this thread as me and few mates decided to compete on a mock draft.

When doing this I started off with Sam Bradford No.1 as IMO franchise QB is everything, especially when you dont have one and the media continually mentions that the last 2 yrs you passed on Ryan & Sanchez.

1.Bradford

Then No.2. I started pencilling in N. Suh. Then I looked at their roster. DT is not a 'NEED' when you've just signed C.Williams and drafted S.Hill previous year. I agree you would want to add another quality player for rotation, but, 'NEED' for Lions is Tackle, CB, & DE but they HAVE to get a tackle for Stafford. This alone I would still select Suh. But then as I do with Mocks for fins draft, I as others do, look at the 'need' then consider other picks. For example, our needs are OLB, FS, WR and NT. I think if you were not a fin & Bryant is available you automatically take Bryant. If you are a fin and you know our FO, you know that wont happen, so you consider other options. Deep at OLB & NT so you then consider Earl Thomas not actually BPA. I thought of this with Lions. If I indeed wanted a Tackle and a DT with 1st 2 picks would I prefer:-

1- Suh & Roger Saffold (all mocks I have seen have 6 OT going in 1st rnd)
2- Okung & Brian Price/Jared Odrick or at worst Alualu.

Without even considering trading down I would select the 2nd option.

2.Okung

3.G.McCoy. He is a better fit for the Bucs Cover 2 scheme.

4. J.Clausen. QB is everything and you have ideal situation of J.Campbell signed for 1 year.

5. Here is where it gets interesting. BPA is no doubt Suh, but Cheifs already have Jackson and Dorsey. Why add Suh when not one of them would be NT, especially when Cody will probably be available at top of rnd 2.

Here we go. What is stopping Bill Belicheck, with 3 2nd rounders and 2 1st rounders in 2011 phoning Scott Pioli for the ideal replacement of Richard Seymour. Scares the **** out of me!

1) Kansas would want to trade down.
2) Patriots could give up pick 22 and 2 2nds and finish with Suh and still have a 2nd rnd pick. They could even offer pick 22 and a 2nd together with 1st for 2011.

I know this is all circumstance, but if, has some have suggested Okung goes at 2, which looking at the bigger picture I now believe, it is then not inconcevable for Suh to drop to 5. Then you have to ask, If you are KC would you:-

trade 5th pick for 22nd, 44th & 2011 1st.

Then ask if you are the Patriots do you do same, knowing you then have Suh and 2 2nds.
:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

LikeUntoGod
03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
:rolleyes2:

#1dolphinsfan
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
they would have to give up more then that i believe and if they want to give that up for him fine i hope they do but they wont that isnt how the patriots work. they are on the decline and the Jets and Dolphins are on the way up

Pinkboy
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
You have way too much time on your hands.

normaniii
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
they would have to give up more then that i believe and if they want to give that up for him fine i hope they do but they wont that isnt how the patriots work. they are on the decline and the Jets and Dolphins are on the way up

I dont know. They selected Seymour with a no.6 I think. I hope your right, I dont want to see this guy in our division.

normaniii
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
You have way too much time on your hands.

my misses would say same thing

3rdandinches
03-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Who care? If that happened then they would tie up a tonne of money in their Dline and still have no pass rush to speak of....I don't mind that at all.

jlfin
03-29-2010, 03:29 PM

True, the Pats are an aging team and have more holes than the Phins. The O-line needs more youth (and talent), WR position is now a question mark.
They still need a couple LB's and DB's (for depth) and they need D-lineman. In short, they need help just about everywhere.
I would be surprised if BB traded up that far because he would have to give up a multitude of picks

GoonBoss
03-29-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think that's gonna happen, but who knows?

Clipse
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
The Patriots will not trade up for Suh... I think it's a given they stand pat and draft Jared Odrick, who will be another Richard Seymour. It's going to cost a lot more than that to get Suh, and the Patriots will not do it. They value their draft picks, and need to get younger at multiple positions. You do that by keeping all those high picks, not trading them away.

Gonzo
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
insert name of FA or rookie here to the Pats?! :loco:

normaniii
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
The Patriots will not trade up for Suh... I think it's a given they stand pat and draft Jared Odrick, who will be another Richard Seymour. It's going to cost a lot more than that to get Suh, and the Patriots will not do it. They value their draft picks, and need to get younger at multiple positions. You do that by keeping all those high picks, not trading them away.

I think Suh is a lot better than Odrick and IMO is worth trading away those picks, especially when you hold so many. If BB thinks Suh is the next Seymour, I expect him to be hitting that speed dial for Pioli.

KC dont want him so they would prefer 2 1's and a 2 and BB gets Suh and 2'2s still this year.......win win for both in my eyes.

Gadsden86
03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
The pats dont need a DT. They just signed wolfork to a huge deal. They need a Full time RB and CB's as well.

XxfeensterxX
03-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I can only hope the Patriots would give up some of those picks in such a deep draft just to draft a guy who will be a DE. I feel pretty confident going against any DE with Long & Carey on the outsides.

jim1
03-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Let me just say, I started this thread as me and few mates decided to compete on a mock draft.

When doing this I started off with Sam Bradford No.1 as IMO franchise QB is everything, especially when you dont have one and the media continually mentions that the last 2 yrs you passed on Ryan & Sanchez.

1.Bradford

Then No.2. I started pencilling in N. Suh. Then I looked at their roster. DT is not a 'NEED' when you've just signed C.Williams and drafted S.Hill previous year. I agree you would want to add another quality player for rotation, but, 'NEED' for Lions is Tackle, CB, & DE but they HAVE to get a tackle for Stafford. This alone I would still select Suh. But then as I do with Mocks for fins draft, I as others do, look at the 'need' then consider other picks. For example, our needs are OLB, FS, WR and NT. I think if you were not a fin & Bryant is available you automatically take Bryant. If you are a fin and you know our FO, you know that wont happen, so you consider other options. Deep at OLB & NT so you then consider Earl Thomas not actually BPA. I thought of this with Lions. If I indeed wanted a Tackle and a DT with 1st 2 picks would I prefer:-

1- Suh & Roger Saffold (all mocks I have seen have 6 OT going in 1st rnd)
2- Okung & Brian Price/Jared Odrick or at worst Alualu.

Without even considering trading down I would select the 2nd option.

2.Okung

3.G.McCoy. He is a better fit for the Bucs Cover 2 scheme.

4. J.Clausen. QB is everything and you have ideal situation of J.Campbell signed for 1 year.

5. Here is where it gets interesting. BPA is no doubt Suh, but Cheifs already have Jackson and Dorsey. Why add Suh when not one of them would be NT, especially when Cody will probably be available at top of rnd 2.

Here we go. What is stopping Bill Belicheck, with 3 2nd rounders and 2 1st rounders in 2011 phoning Scott Pioli for the ideal replacement of Richard Seymour. Scares the **** out of me!

1) Kansas would want to trade down.
2) Patriots could give up pick 22 and 2 2nds and finish with Suh and still have a 2nd rnd pick. They could even offer pick 22 and a 2nd together with 1st for 2011.

I know this is all circumstance, but if, has some have suggested Okung goes at 2, which looking at the bigger picture I now believe, it is then not inconcevable for Suh to drop to 5. Then you have to ask, If you are KC would you:-

trade 5th pick for 22nd, 44th & 2011 1st.

Then ask if you are the Patriots do you do same, knowing you then have Suh and 2 2nds.
:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

Drafting for need instead of value with premium picks is a great way to screw up a franchise. In terms of needing a T opposite Cherilus, even though Pettigrew might end up being a great TE, they sure could have used Michael Oher. Ebben Britton might have worked out nicely as well at the top of rd 2.

Roman529
03-29-2010, 09:00 PM

Then ask if you are the Patriots do you do same, knowing you then have Suh and 2 2nd

They have Vince Wilfork.....WHYYYYYYY go move up for Suh???? :rolleyes:

normaniii
03-30-2010, 04:51 AM
Suh would not be the NT!!!!!!!!! he would be their RDE. They have lost Seymour and the guy that came in on rotation J.Green.

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 04:54 AM
When does NE trade up in drafts? I only recall them constantly trading back.

X-Pacolypse
03-30-2010, 04:59 AM
Not going to happen. You can relax now.