PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford has amazing pro day

Tiko377
03-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford completed a perfect 50-of-50 passes at the Sooners' Monday Pro Day.
He was also jacked up in terms of his build. Pro Days are geared toward making players look as good as possible, but Bradford was as sharp as can be, exhibiting a quick release, plenty of velocity on throws outside the numbers, and outstanding accuracy. We noticed just one throw behind his intended target (Jermaine Gresham still gathered it in), and he delivered one wobbler on a 40-yard slant-go. Rams GM Billy Devaney was undoubtedly impressed.
Source: John E. Hoover on Twitter

i know its nothing to concern us but the kid sounds promising i thought people who are fans of the draft/nfl should know.

NorFlaFin
03-29-2010, 09:53 PM
He should had a couple of 300 O-linemen fall on his shoulder and prove he can take a hit.

Canadi-Phin
03-29-2010, 09:57 PM
This is great news. One more player for sure going ahead of us. Lets someone else drop to us.
GIl Brandt said he was almost speechless and that he went 49 for 50 with one drop. He's either #1 or #4 now. Great news. Bucs should be happy, they get one of the DTs now in my mind.

thejetssuck
03-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Guess who else had a phenomenal pro day a few years back... ALEX SMITH!! Pro days mean jack squat.

XxfeensterxX
03-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Im starting to believe Berry/Bryant will be at our pick possibily. Obviously this is a very very unlikely posibility , but I will not be surprised. Did Clausen have his pro day yet?

ROADRUNNER
03-29-2010, 10:28 PM
Good for him................

RustyGator
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
He's a good player. I agree about the injury concerns. He did bulk up, so that should help. I'd rather have Bradford than Stafford. Stafford is a moron, and that'll catch up to him in the pro-game with lots of INTs....reminds me a lot of Grossman. Great arm, not enough upstairs. Bradford is a good #1. And unlike Alex Smith, Bradford proved he could play well against elite competition week-in and week-out.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2010, 01:08 AM
If the rams draft him at 1 and he stays healthy he will be a really good QB

Canadi-Phin
03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Guess who else had a phenomenal pro day a few years back... ALEX SMITH!! Pro days mean jack squat.

Yeah and look what he did once the team became more stable and he wasn't out there trying to do it by himself. IMagine if the NFL did what the use to do and let guys learn for a few years. Maybe more of these guys wouldn't be busts.

Hard to believe a young QB does horrible on the last place team from the year before and has 5 OCs in 6 years. crazy thinking.

ryoung8918
03-30-2010, 01:41 AM
Great! Hopefully, McCoy looks fantastic in his pro day, Clausen is lights out, and Pete Caroll keeps pumping Tebow up. I'd love to see Bradford and Clausen go before 12, and McCoy and Tebow before 43.

Dolphin39
03-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Great! Hopefully, McCoy looks fantastic in his pro day, Clausen is lights out, and Pete Caroll keeps pumping Tebow up. I'd love to see Bradford and Clausen go before 12, and McCoy and Tebow before 43.

So would I.

:woot::up:

LikeUntoGod
03-30-2010, 04:12 AM
. I'd rather have Bradford than Stafford. Stafford is a moron, and that'll catch up to him in the pro-game with lots of INTs....

You forgot to mention that Stafford was a Bulldog (or was that part of the "moron" part, LOL).

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:14 AM
This is enough for me to rank him #2 overall on my board. I was really worried about that shoulder of his. I had him as a #1 overall about 27 months ago when he was just off his freshman season. But, he's been through a lot since then and I needed to make sure that shoulder looks OK because I'm no doctor.

Ozfin77
03-30-2010, 05:03 AM
We dont know the shoulders "ok".

Did they do the "my team has no O-line" drill where 250-300lbs D-lineman hit him?

All it takes is one hit and he's done...I really hope the Rams let him sit for a season and not throw him in there in September....For his sake.

bigchub22
03-30-2010, 06:30 AM
He's a good player. I agree about the injury concerns. He did bulk up, so that should help. I'd rather have Bradford than Stafford. Stafford is a moron, and that'll catch up to him in the pro-game with lots of INTs....reminds me a lot of Grossman. Great arm, not enough upstairs. Bradford is a good #1. And unlike Alex Smith, Bradford proved he could play well against elite competition week-in and week-out.

What a shock ...says gator fan....He will be fine

XxfeensterxX
03-30-2010, 07:44 AM
His arm looked strong on throws. I would think if you can throw 50 passes it must be pretty durable. He is going #1 unless the Rams are idiots.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
We dont know the shoulders "ok".

Did they do the "my team has no O-line" drill where 250-300lbs D-lineman hit him?

All it takes is one hit and he's done...I really hope the Rams let him sit for a season and not throw him in there in September....For his sake.

According to Gil Brandt he threw over 100 passes and the velocity on the last throw was the same velocity as the first throw, and all of them had really good velocity. Plus James Andrews was there telling everyone that his shoulder is fine and he's got a "clean bill of health".

So yeah, for all intents and purposes, his shoulder is fine.

RustyGator
03-30-2010, 03:03 PM
What a shock ...says gator fan....He will be fine

Are you people kidding me? Youre dogging me for putting down Stafford when in the same paragraph I compared him 1:1 to Grossman (a Gator! who was the QB when I actually went there)?? Come on people. Unlike most people on here, I can subject myself to a little objectivity. I'm not a huge Stafford fan. I think he has a great arm and looks like a good NFL QB but he reminds me too much of Grossman. Don't get me wrong, anyone in the right system can do well. Grossman had some god-awful WRs when he was starting. All I'm saying is I like Bradford more. While his arm isn't as good, if he can stay healthy, I think he can be a much more superior QB. He's soooo much smarter as a QB and a lot more accurate.

bigchub22
03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Are you people kidding me? Youre dogging me for putting down Stafford when in the same paragraph I compared him 1:1 to Grossman (a Gator! who was the QB when I actually went there)?? Come on people. Unlike most people on here, I can subject myself to a little objectivity. I'm not a huge Stafford fan. I think he has a great arm and looks like a good NFL QB but he reminds me too much of Grossman. Don't get me wrong, anyone in the right system can do well. Grossman had some god-awful WRs when he was starting. All I'm saying is I like Bradford more. While his arm isn't as good, if he can stay healthy, I think he can be a much more superior QB. He's soooo much smarter as a QB and a lot more accurate.

You called him and I quote you "a moron"...so that wasn't all you were saying and it sounded like a gator fan comment rather than a football fan comment

1Hawdolfin4L
03-31-2010, 12:58 AM

Ditto Colt Brennan and this was at the combine AND with his peers applauding.

Drafted in the 6th round.

RustyGator
03-31-2010, 01:04 AM
You called him and I quote you "a moron"...so that wasn't all you were saying and it sounded like a gator fan comment rather than a football fan comment

Give me a break. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Why don't you even acknowledge the fact that I compared him directly to Grossman in "not having much going on upstairs"? How is that being a Gator homer? While I'm a huge Gator fan, I can be somewhat subjective. Helps that I grew up a Miami fan and went to FSU for grad school, hahaha...talk about being exposed to the trifecta.