PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins really like WR Mike Williams

FinAtic8480
03-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Cuse WR Mike Williams is getting a ton of attention from the Dolphins...had a great workout with them and fills a BIG NEED...maybe round 3?

http://twitter.com/WesBunting

thejetssuck
03-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Was wondering how his workout went. He has 1st round talent!! He just needs someone to punch him in the face and knock some good sense into him! Would love him in the 3rd round or lower! Even IF we draft Dez in the 1st. After all, we all know how this team likes doubling up on talent.

hammond47
03-29-2010, 10:39 PM
DEz with the first and then Mike Williams maybe fall to the fourth? man i would jump for joy to get those two guys. Holy **** wed have an awesome offense. and then blount late in the draft like someone else on here had on their mock draft. that would be so sick

Phinatic8u
03-29-2010, 11:50 PM
1st round talent. UDFA attitude. 3rd?

#1dolphinsfan
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I would love to have him

j-off-her-doll
03-30-2010, 12:07 AM
3rd is too high - unless they know he'll act like a pro. 4th sounds right.

oasis
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
oh god please don't let this be a patrick turner repeat.

j-off-her-doll
03-30-2010, 01:06 AM

If he fails, it won't be in the manner that Turner has struggled.

Pope Shula XIV
03-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Mike Williams = Patrick Turner redux...just with lots of off the field baggage and very questionable character.

Jesus, how many "Mike Williams" will teams have to draft to find out they all suck?!?!

Pope Shula XIV
03-30-2010, 01:33 AM
If he fails, it won't be in the manner that Turner has struggled.

:ponder:

Could be in the manner that Cecil Collins struggled.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2010, 01:37 AM

Mike Williams is first round talent if he can get his head in straight he has a really good shot at being the best WR in thus draft Patrick turner wasn't even close to first round talent.

HawkDolphan
03-30-2010, 02:11 AM
He quit on his team. Unforgiveable, IMHO. Parcells left the Cowboys because Jones brought in a Prima Donna WR.

I'm sure they're interviewing him to get the real scoop, but IDK, too much risk, maybe.

ChambersWI
03-30-2010, 02:18 AM
He quit on his team. Unforgiveable, IMHO. Parcells left the Cowboys because Jones brought in a Prima Donna WR.

I'm sure they're interviewing him to get the real scoop, but IDK, too much risk, maybe.

Parcells left because he felt that Jones was getting too involved, same reason Jeff Ireland joined us to become GM. Parcells and Ireland have an idea of what type of player they want, Jerry Jones likes to go for glitz. TO didn't help with his attitude, but nobody can question his work ethic.

As for Mike Williams, I've been against picking him because he quit on his team. Now the question is did he quit on his team, or did he leave because of the rumored car accident and wanting to get away. If Mike Williams has his head on straight and is willing to work, he's probably the 2nd best WR in the class behind Dez Bryant.

COphinphan89
03-30-2010, 02:38 AM
I would maybe be OK with us picking him up in the 4th. We have three picks in the 6th and another three in the 7th so if we got him in either of those rounds then I think it would be perfectly fine. Remember, he was considered a 1st round prospect before all this happened. Give him a shot and see if he can make it. If not, then it's not like we gave up a high pick on him.

Aqua and Orange
03-30-2010, 02:53 AM
I would like Mike Williams on our team a lot. Dez AND Mike Williams on our team? That would be my dream draft.

-Thus the team will draft 8 offensive guards and I will go back to cursing the team.

jim1
03-30-2010, 03:07 AM

No it's not, as Ricky Wiliams proved with this regime. And I'm very glad to have Ricky back btw. As per other posts equating Mike Williams to Patrick Turner- ridiculous.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2010, 03:38 AM
No it's not, as Ricky Wiliams proved with this regime. And I'm very glad to have Ricky back btw. As per other posts equating Mike Williams to Patrick Turner- ridiculous.
Couldnt agree more Mike Williams was 10X the WR Patrick Turner was in college

X-Pacolypse
03-30-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm still on the fence with Mike Williams. He's got legit first round talent, but it's hard to look past his mistakes. Because, they were as about as bad as it gets.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:13 AM
If you ask me, their attentions toward Mike Williams is a HUGE smoke screen. And a hilarious one, at that. He is the antithesis of "the makeup".

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 04:15 AM

I think you look at that wrong, BP new he would have zero control over TO. TO was already to big for his own head and wouldn't listen to other excellent coaches so he obviousily wouldn't listen to Bill which undermines his whole approach.

Bringing in a rookie WR (prima donna) that has yet to prove anything in the NFL and has no real say in a locker room full of vets gives the coaching staff a chance to mold a prima donna college kid. As long as the off the field stuff isn't way over the top then there's always a strong chance he'll fall in line.

That's a huge difference between bringing in a college kid with a prima donna attitude over a vet prima donna. Just look at the Vernon Davis TE situation in SF, Mike still has the ability to mold him but your not going to have that same opportunity with Shockey as an example.

SR 7
03-30-2010, 04:16 AM
If you ask me, their attentions toward Mike Williams is a HUGE smoke screen. And a hilarious one, at that. He is the antithesis of "the makeup".

smoke screen for what? someone in the 4th round?

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:18 AM
What I don't think people realize is that Mike Williams crumbled when put under a tough coaching regime in Syracuse. What will happen when he's put under a tough coaching regime in Miami?

This is a guy that doesn't work hard, doesn't practice hard, takes correction on how to play his position in practice as "disrespect" (his own words, not mine), still tries to maintain that he didn't REALLY cheat on that test, and showed up to the Combine (in my eyes) like he didn't really work as hard as everyone else to be prepared for all the testing.

I tried hard to like the guy, I really did. But there's no way he's on this team in 2010.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:20 AM
smoke screen for what? someone in the 4th round?

If you succeed in convincing teams that you are happy with the low cost options at WR then they won't have you pegged for going after one at #12 overall, especially when for some absurdly unknown reason everyone already thinks that Parcells would never take a first round WR.

SR 7
03-30-2010, 04:26 AM
If you succeed in convincing teams that you are happy with the low cost options at WR then they won't have you pegged for going after one at #12 overall, especially when for some absurdly unknown reason everyone already thinks that Parcells would never take a first round WR.

so this is incase Bryant is there they trade back?

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:36 AM
so this is incase Bryant is there they trade back?

My personal opinion is that they're very high on Dez Bryant and would look to take him at #12 or maybe even trade up to get him.

They do not want other teams to know they're interested because they don't want other teams on the horn trying to trade up and scoop the Dolphins.

To me this is a scary scenario. You have two guys that I consider to be very rare prospects, and both play a position of heavy need, and we have a pick that is nearly on the cusp of being where you could see the guys go in the first round.

They're too close to getting Eric Berry or Dez Bryant to just let one of them fall all the way to pick #10 or pick #11, and then get taken one or two spots ahead of them. They're trying to do everything they can to get teams to associate the Dolphins with different WR and FS prospects. If teams see them falling in love with guys like Mike Williams, Taylor Price, etc...they're going to think (especially given Parcells' reputation) that there's no way they are after Dez Bryant because they like their options at WR later in the draft. If teams see the Dolphins fawning over Earl Thomas and other safeties then they're probably not one of the main players for Eric Berry in a trade up scenario.

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 04:51 AM
My personal opinion is that they're very high on Dez Bryant and would look to take him at #12 or maybe even trade up to get him.

They do not want other teams to know they're interested because they don't want other teams on the horn trying to trade up and scoop the Dolphins.

To me this is a scary scenario. You have two guys that I consider to be very rare prospects, and both play a position of heavy need, and we have a pick that is nearly on the cusp of being where you could see the guys go in the first round.

They're too close to getting Eric Berry or Dez Bryant to just let one of them fall all the way to pick #10 or pick #11, and then get taken one or two spots ahead of them. They're trying to do everything they can to get teams to associate the Dolphins with different WR and FS prospects. If teams see them falling in love with guys like Mike Williams, Taylor Price, etc...they're going to think (especially given Parcells' reputation) that there's no way they are after Dez Bryant because they like their options at WR later in the draft. If teams see the Dolphins fawning over Earl Thomas and other safeties then they're probably not one of the main players for Eric Berry in a trade up scenario.

The only problem I see with this is teams know that draft info never gets leaked from a BP FO. So why would they fall into a false sense of security that they "know" BP isn't after certain players.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:58 AM
The only problem I see with this is teams know that draft info never gets leaked from a BP FO. So why would they fall into a false sense of security that they "know" BP isn't after certain players.

That's not really true.

SR 7
03-30-2010, 05:33 AM

Very interesting. You think they will trade up for Berry even if they konw Thomas will be there at 12? They are almost the same except Berry can hit like a brick (which seems to be what this FO likes in Wilson (failed though), Clark, Hamlin, etc.

rrrrphin
03-30-2010, 05:54 AM
i think it is easier to bluff interest in prospects who might be available. we'll bring in a couple of prospects that S.F. and Sea might like- others might want to leapfrog them

other then spreading rumors about a prospect, i think it would be tough to disguise interest in a real talent

ck may indeed be right, but over analysis of this williams workout is also a possibility

PhinsTD
03-30-2010, 07:14 AM
The team does have a history of doubling up their picks, but I'm not sure we would double WR that early if we took Bryant. Of course they could trade Ginn and Camarillo (or just release Turner to make room for two WR's.

One thing is for certain, this team needs playmakers on both sides of the field.

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 07:31 AM
That's not really true.

Explain please.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 07:50 AM
They've easily drafted as many players that they've shown interest in as players they didn't. I don't see any front office thinking to themselves it's impossible to know what Miami is doing until they do it. They're human.

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
They've easily drafted as many players that they've shown interest in as players they didn't. I don't see any front office thinking to themselves it's impossible to know what Miami is doing until they do it. They're human.

Yes okay but they show interest in 15-20 players though.

I don't think they actually believed they would get a chance to draft V.Davis last season but when he fell into their laps then it became a no brainer even with the OLB need.

I believe the same thing happens this year like majority of BP's drafts, they let the draft come to them and if they aren't overly pleased with whats available or believe they can get better value in a trade back they do it. I've never seen them trade up for a player early on and I really don't see them coveting 1 player so much more then any others. Which allows them to take BPA all the time, they don't fall in love with players, they slot them and take what's highest on their board.

Now with that said I really hope they had P.White really high on their board because straying away from that theory gets them away from what has worked for years and years.

SR 7
03-30-2010, 09:13 AM
very good point. I do konw Davis was very high on their board because he was physical, strong, good tackler, good speed. Fits the mold.

finfan54
03-30-2010, 12:41 PM
u kiddin? 6th round at least.

Phin-Phan 66
03-30-2010, 11:14 PM
This kid's BS cost him millions of $$.
I would love to get him in the 4th round because he has 1st round ability.