PDA

View Full Version : Spiller could be the choice.....

DrConfident
03-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Ran across this article from profootballtalk.com today and thought it was pretty interesting read.....thoughts FinNation?

C.J. Spiller could be climbing the ladder

There's a sense in some league circles that only a truly special running back is worthy of a top-ten draft pick.

If so, it means that some regard Clemson's C.J. Spiller (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5566) as a truly special running back.

We're hearing talk of teams possibly trying to invade the lower reaches of the top 10 in order to get a crack at Spiller, with rumors currently focusing on the Dolphins and the Giants.

The Dolphins currently hold the No. 12 pick; the Giants are at 15.

Since 2006, only three running backs have been chosen among the first 10 selections: Darren McFadden, No. 4 in 2008, Adrian Peterson, No. 7 in 2007, and Reggie Bush, No. 2 in 2006. In 2005, three running back were taken in the top five.

That year, the Dolphins drafted Ronnie Brown with the second overall pick. If the rumors are true, they could be looking to supplant Brown with Spiller.

Gadsden86
03-30-2010, 04:06 AM
I dont want him. I want to fill our other holes 1st. He is a good rb but i want a FS or a DT or LB 1st.

phinpunk14
03-30-2010, 04:09 AM
This is saying that there are rumors of teams trying to trade into our spot in order to pick spiller, not that we are looking at him. If this is true, it would be great. Before I was praying that either Bryant or Berry would fall to us, but it would be great for spiller to fall and for us to be able to trade back in the draft to pick up either a pick or a player of need.

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 04:21 AM
We will let the draft come to us, the only trade will be a trade down acquiring more picks. The last thing we will do is trade up for anybody, we don't have excessive picks or only 1 hole to fill. I realize every fan seems to fall in love with player X and wants to do anything to get him but when has the FO ever, with any team ever traded up for a player. Now of course I'm talking the first two rounds where it costs you alot to do so, the later rounds costs little to move around.

I'm certainly not trying to be a "debbie downer" but let's look at it with a little common sense.

BPA all the way and if that happens to be Dez or Spiller at 12 then great but I doubt we trade up for anyone....even Berry.

Nublar7
03-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Only way I would want Spiller is if we could be guaranteed he would offer a Chris Johnson type impact to our offense. We have too many other pressing issues I believe to draft a running back so high. Unless he is an absolute game changer like a Chris Johnson, he is not worth a top 10 pick.

ckparrothead
03-30-2010, 04:49 AM
I would do it, if we managed to trade Ronnie Brown.

But, I firmly believe that this front office would NOT do it.

finfan54
03-30-2010, 12:49 PM
dont forget, we want a guy who can return kickoffs and spillar would be stellar IMO and who can come in in a pinch and surprise defenses.

Ronnie Brown is almost done here IMO unless they see major reduction in salary for him to re-up from injuries.

BP doesnt care. He likes RB like Spillar and when he was with NE, he gave up a number 1 for Martin. He certainly would take Spillar sitting in his lap. But this is just one more thing to make people scratch their heads as to who we actually take. I love this regime!

3rdandinches
03-30-2010, 02:12 PM
dont forget, we want a guy who can return kickoffs and spillar would be stellar IMO and who can come in in a pinch and surprise defenses.

Ronnie Brown is almost done here IMO unless they see major reduction in salary for him to re-up from injuries.

BP doesnt care. He likes RB like Spillar and when he was with NE, he gave up a number 1 for Martin. He certainly would take Spillar sitting in his lap. But this is just one more thing to make people scratch their heads as to who we actually take. I love this regime!

You might be right with the Martin situation but Martin was an everydown back.

I've said it before and will again this regime will simply look at who's available and where they are on their big board and if it means BPA then they'll select them regardless of postion of need.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spiller is in their top ten and if available he could be the pick.

JCfinfan
03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
I still think he will be there at 12 and someone will trade up with us to get him. I love him but agree with CK. I would only want him if we were able to trade Ronnie.