PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Needs

Ricky_Fan34
03-30-2010, 05:15 AM
As we all know, the Dolphins have many blatant needs on both sides of the ball. Offensively, we need WR and TE. You can also make an argument for guard and halfback. Defensively, we need a FS, NT, 2 OLB, and you can make a case for ILB. The Consensus is that our 1st round pick is defense, and that it'll likely be one of the following three players: Sergio Kindle, Dan Williams, or Earl Thomas. All of those players will be on the board most likely, and maybe even Eric Berry. I'm going to break down which ones IMO are most important.

Wide Reciever:

Most of us know good and well that the Dolphins recieving corp lacks a true #1 playmaker. There's a couple routes the Dolphins could go about getting one (Trade, draft, Free Agency). Many people see Dez Bryant as a potential pick at 12 for the Dolphins because it would solve our problem of not having a big go to guy for Chad Henne. I ultimately don't think Ireland, Parcells, and Sparano go offense at 12 simply because our defense was so bad late in game last year. I'd put WR in the 4th spot of our 7 needs. (4)

Tight End:

Anthony Fasano and Joey Haynos are excellent blocking tight end, but proved last season that they aren't playmakers. Fasano would make a great 2nd string guy, but just isn't cut out to be a big recieving redzone threat. All in all, tight end isn't a huge need, and I'd say there's little to no chance we choose a TE at #12. (5)

Offensive Guard

Well there have been some rumors surrounded Mike Uapiti (sp?), Iowa's guard. Many believe Donald Thomas will not be the starter next year, thus why Richie Incognito was brought in to either start or provide depth. With talks of Justin Smiley being traded, it seems that guard we become even more of a need. Still, I see guard as the least of our needs and would put in the 7th spot. (7)

Halfback

CJ Spiller out of Clemson is widely considered to be the best halfback available in the draft, and would be able to make an instant contribution. With Ronnie Brown's future in doubt and Ricky Williams' age factor, CJ Spiller could be the selection at 12, and is my sleeper pick. As far as needs go, I'd rate this one at 6. (6)

Free Safety

Gibril Wilson being cut a couple of weeks ago indicated that the Dolphins plan on filling this need at some point during this offseason. I believe that it will be filled with the #12 pick in the draft by either Eric Berry or Earl Thomas. Odds are it'll be Earl Thomas out of Texas. Our Secondary was a weakpoint last year partially because of our 2 rookie corners, and partially because of how poor our safety play was. Either one of these guys would probably come in and start from day 1, which is what the Dolphins need out of their 12 pick. (1)

Nose Tackle

With a 8 game suspension ahead for Jason Ferguson, NT has clearly become a huge need. Fortunately, this draft is deep with NT's. You have Dan Williams, Terrence Cody, Cam Thomas, Etc. My guess is that we'll take a NT in the later rounds, a guy like Boo Robinson. I'd Rate this at 3. (3)

Outside Linebacker

Another huge need for the Dolphins is outside linebacker, primarily because of how old our previous ones were. We had Joey Porter, who cried his way out of Miami. And then we have Jason Taylor, who appears to be done for good in Miami. Sad to see such a Dolphin great go. Miami gets another lucky break as this draft is also deep with OLB. A guy like Jerry Hughes will be able to be had in the 2nd round, which is good news for Miami. Miami will probably draft a position in pairs for the 3rd consecutive year. First it was DE's, then CB's and WR's, and likely OLB's this year. I'd rate this as our #2 need. (2)

3 Round mock

1. Earl Thomas - FS - Texas
2. Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU
3. Cam Thomas - NT - UNC

Thanks for reading.

:thanks:

39wildman
03-30-2010, 06:01 AM
it takes nt about 3 yr to be ready

Ricky_Fan34
03-30-2010, 06:03 AM
it takes nt about 3 yr to be ready
You mean WR?

Pinkboy
03-30-2010, 08:20 AM
3 Round mock

1. Earl Thomas - FS - Texas
2. Jerry Hughes - OLB - TCU
3. Cam Thomas - NT - UNC

Thanks for reading.

Jerry Hughes will be drafted in the 1st round.

Book it.

Just like Larry English last year, who not many thought would go that high at 16th overall.. Hughes is way too talented a pass rusher to last til 43.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Sean Weatherspoon is a sleeper draft pick for us IMO