PDA

View Full Version : Id Need And Draft Bpa

normaniii
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
On looking at our current players the positions of 'need' to fill the roster IMO are:-

WR,TE,OL,DT,OLB,ILB,CB,CB,FS,S.

Out of these positions, IMO, 3 of them are needs to challenge for a starting role.

WR - Bess is our best receiver but is best playing in the slot, so is Camarillo. Ginn I believe should be used mainly on special teams, KO & punt returns and unless Turner comes from nowhere there is only Hartline to start on outside.

OLB/ILB - I say outside or inside depending on where Nolan plans to use Dansby on 1st and mainly 2nd downs. If he plays ILB we do not have an SOLB as IMO Wake & Taylor are suited to WOLB. If Dansby plays SOLB 1st n 2nd downs we are struggling at ILB for a bigger option, especially when you consider Crowder's injury last year. I expect FO to select both and then decide best fit thereafter.

FS - Our best option at the moment is Clemons/Culver. I like Clemons but he is raw. With Bell's preference to play closer to line of scrummage, I would like a coverage FS.

Out of these 3 IMO, WR & FS are the biggest needs as we could get situational ILB and OLB in later rounds i.e. Spikes/Johnson or Cunnigham/Selvie/Daniel Te'o-Nesheim.

I know some will be raving about NT not being mentioned, but IMO Solai will start 1st n 2nd downs with rotation form McDaniel along with one of Starks/Langford coming inside to allow Merling on the field more. With this and Parcells normally choosing undersized DT later in draft, with the depth this year I dont believe it is a 1-3 round need.......IMO.

Therefor my draft would go:-

1 - FS/WR
2 - WR/FS
3 - OLB/ILB
4 - ILB/OLB

1st round there are only 2 players who would be worth picking at #12 in this scenario - Bryant / Earl Thomas as Berry will be gone.

2nd round WR- Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon LaFell & Damian Williams.

2nd round FS- Nate Allen & Morgan Burnett.

With the question marks over Bryant I dont see FO making that move and IMO I agree, especially when you consider that there is more quality at WR in 2nd round than at FS.

So my picks would be:-

1- Earl Thomas - No brainer if choosing FS with 1st
2- Demaryius Thomas - Big, strong and great blocker......perfect!

My picks then for 3 & 4 as stated would be OLB & ILB. I did consider TE, but we are a run 1st team with Fasano pencilled in to start and with Bess IMO playing more slot this year, together with Polite at FB, I would prefer ILB & OLB who would challenge for a starting spot.

3rd round OLB - Jason Worilds, Koa Misi, Thaddeus Gibson, Eric Norwood, Jermaine Cunningham, Austen Lane.

3rd round ILB - Sean Lee, Brandon Spikes,

4th round OLB - George Selvie, Cameron Sheffield, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim

4th round ILB - Pat Angerer, Jamar Chaney, Donald Butler

I want to say that I love J.Worilds and if JT or CW could play SOLB I would take him, but IMO it would be putting square pegs in round holes and leave a gap on the roster especially when I feel Spikes at 3 is good value.

3 - B.Spikes - Would provide the a 'bigger' option and IMO his production outweighs the combine.

4 - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim - all effort, all hustle, all production and again would provide an alternative to the SOLB spot.

With these two choices, if either performs well enough to gain a starting role it would allow Nolan to be versataile with K.Dansby.

I would go on with my picks at TE, OL, DT & CB but I think I have said enough.

My 1st 4 picks:-

1 - Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2 - Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
3 - Brandon Spikes, Florida
4 - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Washington

Pinkboy
03-30-2010, 10:48 AM
My 1st 4 picks:-

1 - Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
2 - Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech
3 - Brandon Spikes, Florida
4 - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Washington

I guarantee you the Dolphins will pick an OLB before the 4th round.

And they may pick 2 OLB's before the 4th... like they went CB in round 1 and 2 last year with Vontae and Smith.. And went DE in round 2 and 3 in the 08 draft (Merling and Langford).

I know we have other holes, but the FO feels the #1 priority this offseason is to fix the linebacker corps.

normaniii
03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
I guarantee you the Dolphins will pick an OLB before the 4th round.

And they may pick 2 OLB's before the 4th... like CB in round 1 and 2 last year with Vontae and Smith.. And DE in round 2 and 3 in the 08 draft (Merling and Langford).

I know we have other holes, but the FO feels the #1 priority this offseason is to fix the linebacker corps.

Definatly Maybe:up:

Pinkboy
03-30-2010, 11:00 AM
I do love your 1st round selection however.

And would welcome it with open arms.

normaniii
03-30-2010, 11:14 AM
I do love your 1st round selection however.

And would welcome it with open arms.
:up:

I just feel when you consider how best to use our current roster, together with BPA, this is the way I would go.

Anvil35
03-30-2010, 11:56 AM
I cannot agree with your positions of need IMO... I like your first pick in Thomas but Parcells braintrusts have never selected a safety in round one. They do tend to lean toward defense, and recently doubling up in positions of need. I believe they are going to double up two times in this draft at NT, and OLB.

My positions of need are NT, OLB, S, WR, TE, OL...

I also believe that they will do their best to trade down from 12 to gain additional picks.

normaniii
03-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I cannot agree with your positions of need IMO... I like your first pick in Thomas but Parcells braintrusts have never selected a safety in round one. They do tend to lean toward defense, and recently doubling up in positions of need. I believe they are going to double up two times in this draft at NT, and OLB.

My positions of need are NT, OLB, S, WR, TE, OL...

I also believe that they will do their best to trade down from 12 to gain additional picks.

I do agree we will look to trade down, but I still dont believe NT is that big a need with the FO, considering the way Parcells has usually drafted. Mike Nolan, IMO, is the same, using NT for run downs, but having the higher quality in the DE, as they normally are 3 down players sliding in on passing downs.

normaniii
03-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I also believe our offence is underrated. With Henne, Bees & Hartline in their 2nd year together and a superb running game, IMO, all we are really lacking is another WR to line up on the outside.

Bringing in Nolan was a massive coup. I just think a depth chart of:-

SS - Bell, Culver
FS - Earl Thomas, Clemons
CB - Davis, Smith, W.Allen, J.Allen, 2 draft choices
WOLB - Wake, Taylor, Anderson
ILB - Dansby, Crowder, Spikes, Torbor
SOLB - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Draft
DE - Starks, Merling
DE - Langford, McDaniel
NT - Solai, Draft, Ferguson

Use Solai soley on 1st and possibly 2nd downs. If up against a pass catching TE, Dansby could play man-man, if a run 1st team bring in one of Spikes/Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, if pass 1st team bring in Taylor/Anderson opposite Wake......IMO.