PDA

View Full Version : First 4 rounds.. Witch would you like the most???

dolphinsbshaw72
03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Damn i hate the off season! But i can't wait fot the draft. So tell me out of these different drafts witch one would you be most happy with and why?

1. CJ Spiller-RB out of Clemson(5'11",196)
2. Arrelious Benn-Wr
3. Cam Thomas-NT
4. Ed Dickson-TE

1. Earl Thomas-FS out of Texas(5'10",208)
2. Damaryious Thomas-WR out of Georgia Tech(6'3",224)
3. Jimmy Graham-TE out of Miami(6'6",260)
4. Jeff Owens-NT

1. Dez Byant-WR out of Oklahoma State(6'2",225)
2. Jerry Hughes-WOLB out of Texas Christian(6'2",256)
3. Chad Jones-SS out of LSU(6'2",221)
4. Terrence Cody-NT

I can't wait to see what actually happens :ohno:

JCfinfan
03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Out of the 3, I like #2 but hate there is no OLB. I know, we cant have it all. Also, Cody will not last to the 4th round.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Well if you could change just 1 player out of those drafts.. Who would it be and why?

JCfinfan
03-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Here we go with my fantasy land draft. I would take your #2 draft,and if able to trade down, do it and get Brandon Graham. I really like Earl but think we can get a good one in the 2nd. Also love D.Thomas at 2 but doubt he will be there. If there, take D. Thomas, if not, lets get our safety here. I like butnett or Allen. With our other 2nd rounder we got for the trade-down, get wr or S (whatever we didnt get with our earlier 2nd rounder).

I like your 3rd and 4th round.

emeraldfin
03-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Easily the third option, but option 2 is more realsitic.

Elliott 1
03-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Obviously, the 2nd, the other two are aberrant.

state06
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
#2. hits our more pressing needs better than the others.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Damn i hate the off season! But i can't wait fot the draft. So tell me out of these different drafts witch one would you be most happy with and why?

1. CJ Spiller-RB out of Clemson(5'11",196)
2. Arrelious Benn-Wr
3. Cam Thomas-NT
4. Ed Dickson-TE

3. Jimmy Graham-TE out of Miami(6'6",260)
4. Jeff Owens-NT

1. Dez Byant-WR out of Oklahoma State(6'2",225)
2. Jerry Hughes-WOLB out of Texas Christian(6'2",256)
3. Chad Jones-SS out of LSU(6'2",221)
4. Terrence Cody-NT

I can't wait to see what actually happens :ohno:

Three interesting scenarios.

Spiller is a baller and Ronnie's always hurt, Ricky will be gone after this season probably. Spiller also helps in the return game and would be a huge weapon out of the back field on wheel routes and screen. Still we have 4 or 5 RBs on the roster and a lot of holes to fill. If he was a little bigger, say 205 or 210 he'd be a top 5 pick. The other 3 picks would be absolutely solid. Benn is the physical receiver we need. Cam Thomas is a solid NT who I think could end up being a notch above Ferguson in time. Ed Dickson is the TE we need to threaten the seem and create mis-matches in the passing game.

The second scenario with Earl Thomas, solid, solid pick IMO. He's a ball hawking safety that would cut down the number of long completions completed against us and he would most definitely come up with the picks Wilson failed to make. He's a willing tackler in the run game but not a thumper but he'll make plays in support of the run. Bebe I love. He's not a polished route runner but he's physical and the best run blocking WR in the draft. For a team with a power running game like we have then he absolutely makes sense. Jimmy Graham is raw but incredibly athletic. Love his upside a lot. Jeff Owens is not a good pick for us. Don't really see him as a fit in the 3-4. He's not a NT, he's more of a one-gap penetrator.

Third scenario with Dez Bryant. Unquestionable talent at WR, I just question his head. I would feel better about drafting him if we had more leadership in the WR corp, someone to show him the proper way to be a professional. I wouldn't oppose the pick just wonder what kind of player, mentally, we'd be getting. Jerry Hughes in the 2nd would be a steal, don't see him falling that far but if he where there at pick #43 he's too good to pass up. We really need to address the SOLB position more than the WOLB since I think Cameron Wake would fill the roll of WOLB for Nolan's defense. Chad Jones I like a lot too. He's had some bad workouts but the tape on him doesn't lie. He's a guy that can play either safety spot IMO. Excellent in run support and can blitz as well. Good coverage skills with size to handle TEs. Terrance Cody is not falling to the 4th round. Too many teams running the 3-4 now and there's no way he drops that far...it's questionable that Cam Thomas falls to us in the 3rd for that matter.

With all that said I like the good witch of the north.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Three interesting scenarios.

Spiller is a baller and Ronnie's always hurt, Ricky will be gone after this season probably. Spiller also helps in the return game and would be a huge weapon out of the back field on wheel routes and screen. Still we have 4 or 5 RBs on the roster and a lot of holes to fill. If he was a little bigger, say 205 or 210 he'd be a top 5 pick. The other 3 picks would be absolutely solid. Benn is the physical receiver we need. Cam Thomas is a solid NT who I think could end up being a notch above Ferguson in time. Ed Dickson is the TE we need to threaten the seem and create mis-matches in the passing game.

The second scenario with Earl Thomas, solid, solid pick IMO. He's a ball hawking safety that would cut down the number of long completions completed against us and he would most definitely come up with the picks Wilson failed to make. He's a willing tackler in the run game but not a thumper but he'll make plays in support of the run. Bebe I love. He's not a polished route runner but he's physical and the best run blocking WR in the draft. For a team with a power running game like we have then he absolutely makes sense. Jimmy Graham is raw but incredibly athletic. Love his upside a lot. Jeff Owens is not a good pick for us. Don't really see him as a fit in the 3-4. He's not a NT, he's more of a one-gap penetrator.

Third scenario with Dez Bryant. Unquestionable talent at WR, I just question his head. I would feel better about drafting him if we had more leadership in the WR corp, someone to show him the proper way to be a professional. I wouldn't oppose the pick just wonder what kind of player, mentally, we'd be getting. Jerry Hughes in the 2nd would be a steal, don't see him falling that far but if he where there at pick #43 he's too good to pass up. We really need to address the SOLB position more than the WOLB since I think Cameron Wake would fill the roll of WOLB for Nolan's defense. Chad Jones I like a lot too. He's had some bad workouts but the tape on him doesn't lie. He's a guy that can play either safety spot IMO. Excellent in run support and can blitz as well. Good coverage skills with size to handle TEs. Terrance Cody is not falling to the 4th round. Too many teams running the 3-4 now and there's no way he drops that far...it's questionable that Cam Thomas falls to us in the 3rd for that matter.

With all that said I like the good witch of the north.

Nice post bro! Thats what im taklin about! This draft is going to be awesome. Go fins :hi5:

TheBow305
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM
2 or 3 would be amazing.

#1dolphinsfan
03-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Not a big fan of any of them but if I could have any it would be the third

WaxOn WaxOff
03-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I would prefer...

1. CJ Spiller
2. Jerry Hughes
3. Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett
4. Linval Joseph NT ECU
6A. Pitta TE BYU
6B. Mike Williams Syracuse WR
6C. Kavell Conner LB Clemson
7A. Kelton Tindal WR Newberry 6'3" 200 4.25 Forty
7B, etc....who cares.

Hey, a guy can dream, huh?

X-Pacolypse
03-31-2010, 01:21 AM
2nd choice.

COphinphan89
03-31-2010, 01:24 AM

No1Phinatic
03-31-2010, 05:09 AM
3. Cam Thomas-NT
4. Thomas the tank engine (Not sure where he's projected but my grandson loves him!)

All Thomas all the time!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 05:12 AM
3rd is by far the best because it fills in the largest need. I just dont want to draft a TE before OLB,WR,FS,NT

drdan
03-31-2010, 05:21 AM
third choice, though 2 a close second

Miamifin23
03-31-2010, 07:03 AM
the 3rd is far from being realistic because Cody won't last into the 4th rd. He won't even be there when we pick in the 2nd rd.

hammond47
03-31-2010, 11:45 AM
id take williams over benn. and thomas over both

metalman32060
03-31-2010, 12:00 PM
2. Arrelious Benn-Wr
3. Cam Thomas-NT
4. Ed Dickson-TE

How about this

209Mason
03-31-2010, 04:31 PM
I actually like #1 the best. I think people are going to be surprised by Benn. I think he could very well be the best receiver to come out of this draft. He was on a horrible Illinois team with a run-happy QB so he doesn't have as gaudy of stats as the next guy, but he's a beast.

1. Spiller would answer our RB question (Either or both Ricky/Ronnie may very well be gone this time next year). Heck... Spiller may enable us to unload one on Draft day and pick up a mid-round pick.

2. Benn would be a great addition to the WR we could build around (maybe sign a FA somewhere or make a trade to bring in a second impact WR... Shipley and Decker will be around during round 4 or later).

3. Cam gives us the NT we need and would be a great value in rd 3.

4. This is my only question mark... i'd take BPA at this point. I know we need TE but we also need OLB pretty badly by this point. I'd keep my eyes and ears open because I feel we could get a comparable TE later (heck, Moeaki may be around in Rd. 5 with all the injury concerns)... and depending on how things pan out, we may have an extra pick somewhere around here if we make some moves.

Anyhoo... I like #1 the best but would be okay with #2. I just think people are underestimating how much we're going to be in need of a solid RB in the next year or so.