PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant Pro Day!

pnayan
03-30-2010, 07:01 PM
According to RotoWorld:

While training for today's Pro Day, Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant reportedly ran a 4.32 forty-yard dash last week.
Repeating the time could get Bryant back into the top-ten conversation. It remains to be seen what he'll run with 20 NFL teams expected to be on hand Tuesday, but another sub-4.4 would vehemently quell concerns that he lacks ideal speed and has been out of shape. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bryant is expected to dine with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday

If he run a sub 4.40, then he's most likely not making it to 12, but if he does, seems like Parcells and Jones might be trading again (maybe with Miles Austin involved)

Let's see what his official time will be...

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
If he's been running for a week, why did he push his private workout (again) back from the 25th to the 30th? This kid is either getting really bad advice (not working out at combine, not working out at OSU's pro day, holding a private work out and then pushing it back twice I think), a slow healer from injury (supposed hamstring) or incredibly selfish.

j-off-her-doll
03-30-2010, 07:14 PM
If he's been running for a week, why did he push his private workout (again) back from the 25th to the 30th? This kid is either getting really bad advice (not working out at combine, not working out at OSU's pro day, holding a private work out and then pushing it back twice I think), a slow healer from injury (supposed hamstring) or incredibly selfish.

Selfish? The players are doing everything to get drafted as high as possible . . . to make as much money as possible . . . the entire process is about being selfish.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Selfish? The players are doing everything to get drafted as high as possible . . . to make as much money as possible . . . the entire process is about being selfish.

Point taken, but he's going beyond the normal selfishness that other do. When you don't workout on your pro day with your teammates that's T.O. type selfishness...like working out in your drive way so the reporters can talk to you and watch you type selfishness.

j-off-her-doll
03-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Point taken, but he's going beyond the normal selfishness that other do. When you don't workout on your pro day with your teammates that's T.O. type selfishness...like working out in your drive way so the reporters can talk to you and watch you type selfishness.

I don't know what's going into the decision making process. There could be things we don't know, or he could be making terrible decisions.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't know what's going into the decision making process. There could be things we don't know, or he could be making terrible decisions.

And the latter is the concern for a lot of teams. It will be up to every front office to figure out what's what with him. I'm only speculating but he makes me a bit uneasy, if we were to draft him we don't need another Crabtree situation from last year or a T.O. situation in the future. I love football, hate distractions.

Phin-Phan 66
03-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I believe the Pro Day was pushed back because of a conflict with another pro day and scouts couldn't be in 2 places at once. I don't remember where I read it - but I think that's what happened.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:47 PM
I believe the Pro Day was pushed back because of a conflict with another pro day and scouts couldn't be in 2 places at once. I don't remember where I read it - but I think that's what happened.
The private work out on the 25th was reschedule, supposedly, because the owners meetings were going on and he wanted as many people there as possible. I believe he pushed it back to the 29th but that was the same day the Sam Bradford had his private workout and he felt he needed a day to himself so he moved it again to the 30th.

Incidently there were no owner meetings going on during OSU's pro day and it had been 3 weeks since his supposed hamstring injury.

Draw whatever conclusion you want from all that.

52CANES
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
And the latter is the concern for a lot of teams. It will be up to every front office to figure out what's what with him. I'm only speculating but he makes me a bit uneasy, if we were to draft him we don't need another Crabtree situation from last year or a T.O. situation in the future. I love football, hate distractions.

lol I'll take TO in his prime and his attitude vs Ted Ginn

52CANES
03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
The private work out on the 25th was reschedule, supposedly, because the owners meetings were going on and he wanted as many people there as possible. I believe he pushed it back to the 29th but that was the same day the Sam Bradford had his private workout and he felt he needed a day to himself so he moved it again to the 30th.

Incidently there were no owner meetings going on during OSU's pro day and it had been 3 weeks since his supposed hamstring injury.

Draw whatever conclusion you want from all that.

Its funny because several players did the same thing but everyone is saying how bad of a guy Dez is because of it but I don't hear people slamming the other players.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
lol I'll take TO in his prime and his attitude vs Ted Ginn
lol, so would I. It just wears on a team over time that's all.

What this team would love to have is a guy like Andre Johnson...arguably the best WR in the game and you never hear a peep from him. Never complained about David Carr (and he had every right), never complained about the O-line not blocking for the QB, he's never complained about coaches, players, front office....nothing. He just plays.

Seems nowadays, every top WR has a little prima donna in him.

datruth55
03-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Its funny because several players did the same thing but everyone is saying how bad of a guy Dez is because of it but I don't hear people slamming the other players.
What other players didn't work out at the combine and their teams pro day and have pushed their private work out back twice?

LikeUntoGod
03-30-2010, 07:59 PM
O MY GOD! O MY GOD! O MY GOD!

DEZ BRYANT IS DOING SOMETHING!

(nothing personal, but I'm so fuxking tired about reading about him)

P.S. And yes, i know i do not have to read them etc etc etc :tongue2:

P.P.S. And I know that he is the player who will save us and take us to the Super Bowl etc etc etc, we are nothing without him!

WaxOn WaxOff
03-30-2010, 08:08 PM
According to RotoWorld:

While training for today's Pro Day, Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant reportedly ran a 4.32 forty-yard dash last week.
Repeating the time could get Bryant back into the top-ten conversation. It remains to be seen what he'll run with 20 NFL teams expected to be on hand Tuesday, but another sub-4.4 would vehemently quell concerns that he lacks ideal speed and has been out of shape. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Bryant is expected to dine with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday

If he run a sub 4.40, then he's most likely not making it to 12, but if he does, seems like Parcells and Jones might be trading again (maybe with Miles Austin involved)

Let's see what his official time will be...

I will not believe a 4.32 even if I time it myself. If he breaks 4.5 he is still top 20. If he is low 4.4s, top 10. 4.32.....no way.

CW_McGraw
03-30-2010, 08:16 PM
O MY GOD! O MY GOD! O MY GOD!

DEZ BRYANT IS DOING SOMETHING!

(nothing personal, but I'm so fuxking tired about reading about him)

P.S. And yes, i know i do not have to read them etc etc etc :tongue2:

P.P.S. And I know that he is the player who will save us and take us to the Super Bowl etc etc etc, we are nothing without him!

I'm just getting sick of people actually expecting this regime to draft him. It'll be a cold day in hell before Parcells & Co. take a WR first round.

LikeUntoGod
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm just getting sick of people actually expecting this regime to draft him. It'll be a cold day in hell before Parcells & Co. take a WR first round.

Yeap, or THIS WR.

I can't wait till the draft and we can talk about the players that will be on this team.

Canadi-Phin
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
He's being selfish, come on. If you had a chance to make 5 million or 20 million you would do what ever it took to majke the 20 mil. IF it means pushing your day back to get some better training in you'd do it. Give the kid a break this is his life. He's trying to get the most he can get just like the rest of us.