PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Graham vs Alex Daniels

Elliott 1
03-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Brandon Graham 6'1.3" ...268 lbs.. short arms...4.71 forty....1.61 10 yard....31 bench

Alex Daniels 6'2.1"...265 lbs..long arms...4.73 forty..1.59 10 yard..37 vert..7.08 3cone...10' 09" broad jump

Conclusion: Daniels is a little taller with longer arms and is a better all-around athlete than Graham. That vertical and broad jump are outstanding for a guy this size.

It is also true that Daniels has been recognized for his academic achievements and is known to be a very smart football player. No such distinction for Graham.

Graham's stats from last year: 12 games..64 tackles..26 for loss..10.5 sacks.

Daniels stats from last year: 13 games..56 tackles..11 for loss...8.5 sacks

Conclusion: Graham has a far more stable resume and his body of work is superior to Daniels.

Both are known to have extraordinary power to hit it with 1000% every down.

Daniels was the second leading rusher at MN his sophomore year and then transferred to Cinci and first moved to end his junior year after sitting out a year because of the transfer.
If he had stayed a RB he probably wouldn't be in the draft hunt at all. Anyway, he only has 1 year of starting experience at DE and none at OLB so he will be raw. So will Graham, but Daniels probably more so.

This is where Daniels being a smart guy will help him the most, and I think the experience as a RB will only help him in coverage.

Conclusion: I'll conclude with this question. Do I really want to draft an OLB prospect with the 12 th pick in the draft, when I can get a guy as a 7th/FA who is a risk, but has a ton of upside, and may turn out to be just as good, if not a better player than the 1st round prospect????????

DKphin
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I would be a little hesitant to take a player as an OLB when he played DT in college and has really never stood up. He did show versatility when he was moved to RB. You say that his experience at RB will help him in coverage, but I have a question. How are his hips? Can he change directions well? I don't know. But since he has played with his hand in the dirt is whole career, I would say he is probably not suited to play OLB. The article seems to confirm this, but then again I don't know. If, as the article states, he could be compared to Kroy Biermann, a player I wanted the Phins to pick up badly in last years draft, I would not be against taking him in the later rounds.

Overview One of my favorite sleepers in the Draft. High-energy, blue-collar kind of guy. Won't blow you away testing, but is a FOOTBALL PLAYER.
Strengths
Hard-charger. Goes full-bore on every down. Has played inside on occassion. Alert. Always around the ball. Tackles well. Think current Falcons DE Kroy Biermann.
Weaknesses
Undersized. slow timed speed. Probably not athletic enough to convert to OLB and was never asked to drop into coverage.
Projection
Late-rounder to priority UDFA.http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4803

Elliott 1
03-30-2010, 10:08 PM
I would be a little hesitant to take a player as an OLB when he played DT in college and has really never stood up. He did show versatility when he was moved to RB. You say that his experience at RB will help him in coverage, but I have a question. How are his hips? Can he change directions well? I don't know. But since he has played with his hand in the dirt is whole career, I would say he is probably not suited to play OLB. The article seems to confirm this, but then again I don't know. If, as the article states, he could be compared to Kroy Biermann, a player I wanted the Phins to pick up badly in last years draft, I would not be against taking him in the later rounds.http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=4803

Ya, I read that too. I hope that was written before he actually had a work out; because if it wasn't, that reporter is on something.

4.73 for a 265 pounder may not be special, but it is far from slow. Slow is what Micah Johnson and Brandon Spikes are. If a 37 inch vertical and 10'09" broad jump aren't athletic enough, then what is.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67803&draftyear=2010&genpos=DE