PDA

View Full Version : Does jumping to Seattle's rd1 spot land Berry?

oasis
03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
The optimist in me is hoping the Smiley trade fiasco revolves around a draft day trade with Seattle that trades our first round picks. That would put us in a perfect position to draft Eric Berry. Smiley for Berry would be a nice move, IMHO. But it's entirely possible KC will snag Berry at #5.

The pessimist in me thinks that would be an awful long time for Smiley to sit on his rear (not joining any team's offseason program), and that it's just more likely we've simply screwed up another potential trade, or that nobody wants an injury-prone guard for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I would ask this differently....

"Does jumping to Seattle's rd1 spot land Spiller?"

COphinphan89
03-30-2010, 10:05 PM
If it does land Berry, we need to be all over that as soon as Seattle is on the clock.

XxfeensterxX
03-30-2010, 11:06 PM
I would ask this differently....

"Does jumping to Seattle's rd1 spot land Spiller?"

It better not.

TheBow305
03-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 12:40 AM
It better not.

I'll remind you of that in 2 years when Berry is an average NFL Safety and CJ Spiller is in the Pro Bowl.

Phinatic8u
03-31-2010, 12:40 AM
Spiller what? WOW. Berrry all the way

Phinatic8u
03-31-2010, 12:42 AM
I'll remind you of that in 2 years when Berry is an average NFL Safety and CJ Spiller is in the Pro Bowl.

How bout i flip that and say i'll remind you when Spiller is a average RB & Berry is a pro bowl S. See how that can go both ways.

XxfeensterxX
03-31-2010, 09:30 AM

:bobdole:

Possum
03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
:lol:

3rdandinches
03-31-2010, 09:38 AM
The optimist in me is hoping the Smiley trade fiasco revolves around a draft day trade with Seattle that trades our first round picks. That would put us in a perfect position to draft Eric Berry. Smiley for Berry would be a nice move, IMHO. But it's entirely possible KC will snag Berry at #5.

The pessimist in me thinks that would be an awful long time for Smiley to sit on his rear (not joining any team's offseason program), and that it's just more likely we've simply screwed up another potential trade, or that nobody wants an injury-prone guard for a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I didn't see this posted which is why I did a thread on "my attempt at getting E.Berry" otherwise I may have posted it here.

I believe if the draft falls like it should Berry will be available at Seattle's pick and hopefully J.Smiley and a 3rd with swapping 1st's would do the trick. I'd do it in a heart beat, we could replace that 3rd (maybe) with trading Thigpen.

3rdandinches
03-31-2010, 09:47 AM

Spiller is a game changing talent for sure but Berry not only fills a need but is Spillers equivalent as a game changer on the defensive side of the ball.

So if only looking at those two points I would still take Berry because we have R.Brown, R.Williams and potential in Sheets aswell as we could get a D.Karim later on in the draft to give us a "jr" version of Spiller.

Berry gives us a great young secondary in a "passing" league to go with a great run game we already have.

FinSolari
03-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Yes and I also believe trading up is the only way to draft Berry because there is no way Berry will fall to 12.

dolfan_101
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Looooooooool :3w:

JCane
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/ComingToAmericaLaugh-1.gif

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Looooooooool :3w:

Yeah, what was I thinking. You guys are right. We need another high rated Tennessee DB to join our OTHER dominant 1st round Tennessee DB.... Jason Allen.:rimshot:

newlownorder
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Berry is going to KC at 5. I was listening to the radio today (The Herd), Kiper and Colin both agreed that Berry is going to KC at 5 and could have gone to TB at 3 but Rams are mostly likely going with Bradford #1 which slides McCoy to TB and then KC taking Berry.

Zounds
03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
The optimist in me is hoping the Smiley trade fiasco revolves around a draft day trade with Seattle that trades our first round picks.

I believe the Smiley rumors are out there for us to gain leverage on trading down, not up. With Smiley on the trading block, teams looking to draft Iupati might be worried enough to trade up to our spot and get him. This would also explain our recent intrest in Iupati. I dont believe the Smiley rumors are sincere, just a ploy for leverage.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
I believe the Smiley rumors are out there for us to gain leverage on trading down, not up. With Smiley on the trading block, teams looking to draft Iupati might be worried enough to trade up to our spot and get him. This would also explain our recent intrest in Iupati. I dont believe the Smiley rumors are sincere, just a ploy for leverage.

Sounds good in theory. But the coaches called Smiley and told him he WOULD be traded and asked him NOT to come to off season workouts. That is not a ploy.

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I pray to the football GODS that trade happens. I think it will take a little more then just Smiley and our 1st. Thats moving up 6 spots, and Seattle will want more in return. I did read that Pete was praising P. Turner. Maybe a package of Smiley, Turner and our 1st? We would prob still have to give up a lil more but Im all for it if we land Berry!

Heatking
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
I would NEVER draft a running back with a top 20 pick.

XxfeensterxX
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, what was I thinking. You guys are right. We need another high rated Tennessee DB to join our OTHER dominant 1st round Tennessee DB.... Jason Allen.:rimshot:

Dont ever compare Eric Berry to Jason Allen. Not even close to the same level prospect. :confused:

Zounds
03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Sounds good in theory. But the coaches called Smiley and told him he WOULD be traded and asked him NOT to come to off season workouts. That is not a ploy.

Sure it is. Just like they told Sean Smith he had the flu and couldn't come to practice or play in the preseason game. And what kind of workouts do we have this time of year anyway? Voluntary workouts