PDA

View Full Version : Dez forgets to bring cleats to Pro Day??

Phin-Phan 66
03-31-2010, 12:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/dez-bryant-forgot-his-cleats/

You really need to scratch your head at this one. He has had this day circled for a long time to show everyone what he is about - and he forgets to bring the most important piece of equiptment to his workout?
I think this does show what he is really about.

C'mon :ponder::ponder::ponder:

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Everything about this guy makes me scratch my head.

Chubby
03-31-2010, 12:10 AM
Bah, he was most likely so nervous that it didnt cross his mind. I honestly figured that these athletes had like 4 or 5 pairs not just 1.
Chubbs

Phin-Phan 66
03-31-2010, 12:12 AM
He's an amazing talent, but it's red flag after red flag.

WISfinfan13
03-31-2010, 12:13 AM
Dez is gunna be the kind of guy who will need a team assigned assistant by his side at all times. To do his thinking for him. Is it crazy that I kinda still hope its the Dolphins??

Chubby
03-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Didnt Calvin Johnson borrow someones cleats and ran a 4.31?

Canadi-Phin
03-31-2010, 12:23 AM
If its true that he was slipping and still ran a 4.5 at his size, then that's really good. I still don't think we will take him but someone is going to get an absolute steal and we are going to talk about how we passed on him.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 12:29 AM
OMG who the **** cares if we pass on him I will be pissed it will be one of the biggest mistakes in dolphins draft history.

dr.jake
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM
"diz"

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:31 AM

Published reports out of the combine said Johnson ran the 40 in shoes borrowed from East Carolina quarterback James Pinkney. Johnson said they were actually his own shoes, which Pinkney borrowed to run his 40. He felt it was important to clear this up, because with his work ethic and the diligence with how he goes about preparing himself, it would be uncharacteristic for him to forget something as simple as a pair of cleats.

Also, he ran a 4.35

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
You know Bill Parcells stole the cleats so that he'd fall to #12. Don't be naive.

Somewhere in Miami there's a homeless guy that is acquainted with the Tuna, and he's wearing a pair of nice racing cleats. Guaranteed.

JERSEYFINFAN23
03-31-2010, 12:33 AM
i Agree after seeing the size speed and abiltiy of this guy is they pass on a 6-2 220
wr, it will be a bad choice.
the rest of the wr except Hartline are under 6 ft

datruth55
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
OMG who the **** cares if we pass on him I will be pissed it will be one of the biggest mistakes in dolphins draft history.
Like passing on Randy Moss or Reggie Wayne?

X-Pacolypse
03-31-2010, 12:46 AM

Yeah, but CJ wasn't going to run at the Combine then changed his mind at the last minute.

Canadi-Phin
03-31-2010, 12:50 AM
yes exactly like passing on those two.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 12:51 AM
i Agree after seeing the size speed and abiltiy of this guy is they pass on a 6-2 220
wr, it will be a bad choice.
the rest of the wr except Hartline are under 6 ft
It's easy to forget about Patrick Turner cause he hasn't done jack but he's 6'5".

Clipse
03-31-2010, 02:46 AM
Bigger ****ing idiot than I thought. 1st he attends Pacman Jones' workout, and now forgets his cleats. What other dumb **** can he manage to do before the draft?

SnakeoilSeller
03-31-2010, 03:17 AM
do you draft this kid and then go out and sign someone like Torry Holt to mentor him? It is not like he does bad things. Randy Moss did bad things. This kid does dumb immature things. I guess the question is, can he mature out of that. Or with money and fame does it get worse?

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 03:20 AM
You know Bill Parcells stole the cleats so that he'd fall to #12. Don't be naive.

Somewhere in Miami there's a homeless guy that is acquainted with the Tuna, and he's wearing a pair of nice racing cleats. Guaranteed.

:lol2:

can't be anywhere closer to the truth CK !

thejetssuck
03-31-2010, 04:24 AM

:lol::lol::hi5:

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Wow a big deal about forgeting cleats? Give me a break!!!!!!
The guy was probably Anxious and had the Pro Day on his mind. Its a small mistake its not like his character is bad. C'mon!!!! Last year I was like lets draft Vontae and everyone was like he has too many Red Flags and he was not even a bad person in college. Dez Bryant is the exact same way and if you think those fake Red Flags will be enough for us to not pick Dez if he is there your crazy!!!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 05:06 AM
I mean really!?!? Do you think forgetting his cleats and attending to Pacman Jones Pro Day makes him a bad person!!! He has never been in trouble with the law if so send me a link. The guy has even said he has never been late to practice just a few meetings freshmen year. C'mon I swear people always have to find something on someone just to bring them down. GIVE HIM A BREAK!!!!

bdhock
03-31-2010, 06:07 AM
Not saying this to cut on Dez Bryant because everybody is not good at interviews. But did anyone see him talking with Maylock , He didnt seem like a real smart player. I may be wrong he could have just been nervous.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 10:53 AM
Not saying this to cut on Dez Bryant because everybody is not good at interviews. But did anyone see him talking with Maylock , He didnt seem like a real smart player. I may be wrong he could have just been nervous.

Jerry Rice & Emmett Smith are both pretty stupid as well, but we know how that turned out.

metalman32060
03-31-2010, 11:52 AM
For all the talent Dez shows on the field, he shows just as much ignorance off if it. Late for practices, forget your cleats? Doesn't show much in the way of preparation or work ethic IMO, and what the h3ll is he thinking hanging with Pacman. I agree with Greyman, he has shown that he isn't real bright to put it mildy.

Go after real football players, get Berry or Thomas not someone with the question marks this guy has. We need to hit on the #12 pick. I am afraid to think what money is going to do to this flake

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 11:59 AM
I might be part of the few who the more I hear about this kid the LESS i like him...i get the feeling once this kid sees the $$$ hes gonna go bonkers and be a distraction...i dunno im getting a bad feelign about this kid....

Clipse
03-31-2010, 03:08 PM
I mean really!?!? Do you think forgetting his cleats and attending to Pacman Jones Pro Day makes him a bad person!!! He has never been in trouble with the law if so send me a link. The guy has even said he has never been late to practice just a few meetings freshmen year. C'mon I swear people always have to find something on someone just to bring them down. GIVE HIM A BREAK!!!!
It shows he has bad judgemen. Not to mention when considering multiple people said Dez would be late to games if not woken up, this looks bad. Always knew he was an idiot, this proves it.

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
It shows he has bad judgemen. Not to mention when considering multiple people said Dez would be late to games if not woken up, this looks bad. Always knew he was an idiot, this proves it.

Agree. The dude is just not there from neck up. I personally would not draft him at 12. I's feel more comfortable taking someone like this early 20's. And for all those that are going to bash, I did not base this opinion on him forgetting his cleats. Its an accumulation of everything.

Pinkboy
03-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Dez reminds me of a stupid Braylon Edwards.. Both will end up being disappointments and have the same disappointing careers... Both have that stupid "duh" look when they look into a camera and have absolutely no charisma, no common sense, or smarts.

Our locker room won't put up with this total putz for long.. I can just see it.. Dez's stupidity will be the butt of jokes with the guys in the room, then Dez will cry that they are making fun of him.. then he pouts and doesn't put out on the practice field or in games... just what we need.

forget this guy and think about Eric Berry or Earl Thomas as our targets.... Real players who are Real men... and real leaders of men...

Dez is dumb as a box of rocks and a total pompous... there will be 3 or 4 better receivers than him coming out next year anyway... but there will be no safeties with great range and overall talent like Berry and Thomas next year... or the year after.

Think, and plan.

Bring in Real men... not shyt heads like this Dizzy Dez guy.

Lots of Real Men make a great football team... just ask Don Shula or the 1971,72,73,74 Dolphins... there weren't many shyt heads in that group

Tupac Shakur
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM

agreed. parcells is sabotaging the draft so he'll fall to 12.

outlawd2u
03-31-2010, 05:31 PM
agreed. parcells is sabotaging the draft so he'll fall to 12.

If you want people to read your posts you're going to have to change your sig. How am i supposed to read anything when that picture is there to look at?