PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mock!!! Take a look and rate it.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Trade Smiley for a 4th
Trade Thigpen + Cam + 7th for a 3rd
I would rather trade White and Ginn but I dont believe the Value will be as much as Thigpen and Cam.
Trade back in the second and pick up a 5th

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Thaddeus Gibson OLB
3. Jason Worilds OLB
3. Major Wright/Reshad Jones FS
4. Jimmy Graham TE
4. Jeff Owens NT
5. Marshall Newhouse OG
6. LaGarrette Blount RB
6. Brandon Deaderick NT
6. Micah Johnson ILB
7. Scott Long/Freddie Barnes WR
7. Chris Hawkins CB

This mock is alot different than I usually do just tell me what you think!!!

TheBow305
03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
That draft would be friggin incredible, although I am a little concerned the only safety you have us drafting is Wright. I've watched him at Florida and I watched him up close every day in high school for a year, and he's not a FS. He never has looked for the ball and probably never will. He's a true SS because he loves to hit. He's Reggie Nelson part 2, and that's not what we need at FS.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 07:11 AM
Im not a huge fan of Major Wright but it looks really good i couldnt complain if it turned out that way

normaniii
03-31-2010, 07:13 AM
That draft would be friggin incredible, although I am a little concerned the only safety you have us drafting is Wright. I've watched him at Florida and I watched him up close every day in high school for a year, and he's not a FS. He never has looked for the ball and probably never will. He's a true SS because he loves to hit. He's Reggie Nelson part 2, and that's not what we need at FS.

Reggie Nelson hates to hit!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Its fixed it was between him and jones so I added Jones in it and of course if Burnett were to fall to that pick I would snatch him up

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 07:15 AM
:bowdown::bowdown: Major wright is my only question about this mock, i like the position but he seems more like a hard hitter, who lacks ball skills, nice mock though. VERY possible.

Roman529
03-31-2010, 07:16 AM
How often have the Phins made ONE draft pick trade in a draft let alone THREE. It's nice talking about moving players for extra picks but very rarely do teams want to give up their picks or trade up or down.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:23 AM
How often have the Phins made ONE draft pick trade in a draft let alone THREE. It's nice talking about moving players for extra picks but very rarely do teams want to give up their picks or trade up or down.

Its also Parcells the guy loves picks and some of these guys will need to be moved so better trade them for picks than cut them...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:26 AM
:bowdown::bowdown: Major wright is my only question about this mock, i like the position but he seems more like a hard hitter, who lacks ball skills, nice mock though. VERY possible.

I liked Major Wright because they said on CBS his covering skills were decent. They main problem I see in his coverage is he is tall in his backpedal which with a little work that can be fixed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1273200

cobbs321
03-31-2010, 07:26 AM
i like the Gibson pick but would much rather have Jerry Hughes there because imo i think he will be available when we pick. Lots of teams passed on sean smith who was a late 1st-early 2nd round projection and i think the same will happen with hughes

3rdandinches
03-31-2010, 07:27 AM

Really because every year there's plenty of trades.

2009 - NYJ-trade up for Sanchez, TB trades up for J.Freeman, Philly moves up for J.Maclin, Balt moves up for Oher, GB up for Mathews, Buf back into the first for Wood

That was just the first round!!!! There we're tonnes more trades in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds so I don't get this it's difficult to trade talk. It happens every year all over the draft.

The hard part is trading the top 5 picks because of the money involved, the rest of the draft is open season.

Roman529
03-31-2010, 07:29 AM
Its also Parcells the guy loves picks and some of these guys will need to be moved so better trade them for picks than cut them...

I am all for it if we can do it. I think we can use as many picks as possible as we have a ton of needs. I can imagine we would get a lot of calls if Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas and CJ Spiller are still around when we are at the clock at #12.....we could maybe drop down a few spots and get a boatload of picks in return. :woot:

Roman529
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Really because every year there's plenty of trades.

2009 - NYJ-trade up for Sanchez, TB trades up for J.Freeman, Philly moves up for J.Maclin, Balt moves up for Oher, GB up for Mathews, Buf back into the first for Wood

That was just the first round!!!! There we're tonnes more trades in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds so I don't get this it's difficult to trade talk. It happens every year all over the draft.

The hard part is trading the top 5 picks because of the money involved, the rest of the draft is open season.

I agree there are always teams moving up or down...but I don't know if any team has been able to do THREE trades like was stated in the original thread, but hey I am all for it if Parcells can swing it. :up:

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:31 AM
i like the Gibson pick but would much rather have Jerry Hughes there because imo i think he will be available when we pick. Lots of teams passed on sean smith who was a late 1st-early 2nd round projection and i think the same will happen with hughes

Oh trust me. I would rather take Jerry Hughes but I dont think he will be there but if he did then I would take him

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:33 AM
I am all for it if we can do it. I think we can use as many picks as possible as we have a ton of needs. I can imagine we would get a lot of calls if Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas and CJ Spiller are still around when we are at the clock at #12.....we could maybe drop down a few spots and get a boatload of picks in return. :woot:

Oh trust me my man as much as I love Dez but if we can trade down lets do it!!!!
OH LETS DO IT

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Its fixed it was between him and jones so I added Jones in it and of course if Burnett were to fall to that pick I would snatch him up
I am a big fan of jones and i think because of his size and hitting power people underrate him for his coverage skills

3rdandinches
03-31-2010, 07:36 AM
I agree there are always teams moving up or down...but I don't know if any team has been able to do THREE trades like was stated in the original thread, but hey I am all for it if Parcells can swing it. :up:

Cleveland did it and NE seems to do it alot.

I see what your saying, it's always difficult to forcast some trades when you need a partner to make it happen. I do think this year we will try our hardest to trade back, it just seems like we could select a bunch of guys so why not get more picks to get a couple of real good players.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:38 AM
I am a big fan of jones and i think because of his size and hitting power people underrate him for his coverage skills

Agree!!!

TheBow305
03-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Reggie Nelson hates to hit!

Oh damn that's right. Who the heck was I thinking of then!? :oops:

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Major Wright and R.Jones are both SS IMO. I doubt we take Bryant @ 12, but this would be a SICK draft if it goes down like this but instead of the SS we get a stud FS!!

hammond47
03-31-2010, 11:40 AM
love the draft. especially the blount pickup

finfan54
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
If based on yesterdays workout/interview, if we pick Dez Bryant, I will lose respect for this regime.

No Dez Bryant. There are good receivers out there who have size and speed who will work to be the best. Thats what it takes in the NFL. See: Wes Welker.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
You sir would be crazy not to take dez lol