PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Dez?

tcolli17
03-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Simple question. Would you draft Dez if he was available at 12. Doesn't matter who else is available. Do you want the potential. The good and the bad. Good is he will be a great receiver. Bad is that he will turn out like Mike Williams and be out of the league in 2 years. I personally think he is too lazy, there is no excuse for you to be out of shape on the biggest day of your life, period.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Hell yeah i would draft Dez he is going to be a stud in the NFL no doubt in my mind

tcolli17
03-31-2010, 07:08 AM
Hell yeah i would draft Dez he is going to be a stud in the NFL no doubt in my mind
I don't think he has the right attitude for it. No doubt he has the physical abilities though.

Roman529
03-31-2010, 07:08 AM
I think if Bryant or CJ Spiller drops to us we take whoever of the two is around, and after that we focus on defense.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Yes and no he wont be out of the league people thought Vontae had issues and look at him now and if you think Vontae has issues then Dez is a goody good. Dez issues are small and he will be excellent in the NFL. Tell me one reason you think he will be out of the league in 2 years. He has never been in trouble with the law. All the stuff is little stuff that people make a big deal about.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:10 AM
#1dolphinsfan I swear my dude we think alike lol

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't think he has the right attitude for it. No doubt he has the physical abilities though.

What are you talking about? When he sees money coming his way them small issues like I said will disappear gurantee!!!

TheBow305
03-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Unless Berry is there, then I would absolutely take Dez.

tcolli17
03-31-2010, 07:13 AM
What are you talking about? When he sees money coming his way them small issues like I said will disappear gurantee!!!
Just like Mike Williams right? He was getting paid millions and didn't like to work out. Look what happened.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:18 AM
He did not quit he was just a bust and now know one wants him. You can say Dez can be a bust but anyone can thats part of the draft and as of right now he is the best reciever there.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Also what makes you think Dez dont like to work out? He came out and said himself a few weeks ago he has never been in trouble and only missed a few meeting freshmen year that is it. If that was a lie we would of known by now.

tcolli17
03-31-2010, 07:21 AM
He did not quit he was just a bust and now know one wants him. You can say Dez can be a bust but anyone can thats part of the draft and as of right now he is the best reciever there.
Definitely is the best receiver in this draft in physical abilities, I'm just worried about his work ethic and off the field concerns.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 07:29 AM
What work ethic lol I have never heard nothing about his coaches complain about his work ethic and what off the field concerns lol He is clean and has never been in trouble with the law.

VT Dolphan
03-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Why does it seem like there's some kind of smear campaign against this guy? His shortcomings are so overblown it's ridiculous.

Apparently he is a slow, lazy, stupid, diva who will be nothing but a headache in the NFL.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Why does it seem like there's some kind of smear campaign against this guy? His shortcomings are so overblown it's ridiculous.

Apparently he is a slow, lazy, stupid, diva who will be nothing but a headache in the NFL.
Randy Moss all over again

datruth55
03-31-2010, 08:05 AM
I think there are red flags all over this kid. He's a risky player but a very talented player. If the Dolphins do their due diligence, which they will, and decide to draft the kid I'd be OK with that decision. I'm good either way.

Ozfin77
03-31-2010, 08:05 AM
There are way too many questions to spend the 12th overall selection on a guy like that and we dont have the luxury of being able to take such a risk.

There are so many good WR's coming out next year....I'd be waiting until then.

Playmaker76
03-31-2010, 08:11 AM
There is one thing that is making me strongly be in support of drafting Dez. And that one thing is that the young man absolutely has a passion for football! He is the anti- Teddy Ginn. He is passionate, loves contact, knows how to go up and get the ball, gets the YAC yards our offense desperately needs, and most importantly, he is very instinctive at creating seperation.

History has shown us that most busts have one thing in common. They don't have a passion for football. That is one thing we won't have to worry about with Dez.

Go get him Trifecta!!!!!!

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Whats the deal with this guy? Listening to Sirius NFL Radio now and they are saying Charlie Casserly states he showed up "out-of-shape" for his workout and it is reported that he told a reporter he "doesn't like to run slant routes"

LOL, who is advising this dude? He obviously does not get it!

Playmaker76
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
I haven't seen the passion. He also said in one of his interviews that he hates running the slant route so I'm not sure he loves contact either.

The question that was asked was "what route is your biggest weakness right now?" He replied the slant route. Somehow that gets spun off as "he doesn't like to run slant routes."

As far as toughness and not liking contact you should go back and watch the bowl game versus Oregon where he played through a partially torn knee ligament and was consistantly trying to break tackles, catching balls in traffic and running over people.

This Dez thing sounds like the Vontae thing from last years draft all over again. So much false information with so many suckers gulping it down.

krosston
03-31-2010, 01:17 PM
No, I want to find a WR in the 3rd such as Price or Mitchell.

Elliott 1
03-31-2010, 01:33 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted. Such will be the case if the Dolphins draft Dez.

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
the more i read on the kid the Less i want him on this team. I get the feeling hes gonna be a mess and always in and out of trouble once he gets the $$$. how do u need someone to wake u up for practice and team activities, ive been waking myself up for school since the 5th grade and thats like 10 or 11 yrs old! this is a grown A$$ man we talking about not a high shcool kid. HOW DO YOU FORGET YOUR CLEATS!?!!!! and then complain and quit about it? nah ill pass. Id rather take a chance on D.Thomas!

Playmaker76
03-31-2010, 02:08 PM
A fool and his money are soon parted. Such will be the case if the Dolphins draft Dez.

I'm sure you were saying the same thing about Vontae last year before the draft.

Fins need PLAYMAKERS!!!!!! at this stage of the rebuilding project. This is a deep defensive draft and our fins can fill most of the holes on defense in rounds 2-4 after taking Dez in round 1.

You all will be crying if we pass up on Dez at this time next year. You only get these type of players to fall into your lap once every five years if you're lucky.

Playmaker76
03-31-2010, 02:33 PM
the more i read on the kid the Less i want him on this team. I get the feeling hes gonna be a mess and always in and out of trouble once he gets the $$$. how do u need someone to wake u up for practice and team activities, ive been waking myself up for school since the 5th grade and thats like 10 or 11 yrs old! this is a grown A$$ man we talking about not a high shcool kid. HOW DO YOU FORGET YOUR CLEATS!?!!!! and then complain and quit about it? nah ill pass. Id rather take a chance on D.Thomas!

Dez Bryant's college coach clarified this also. He said he was never late to a game. The only thing he was ever late for was a team meeting his freshman year and that only happenned once! I think most if not all of us have been late to school or our proffession once as a teenager.

All of this misinformation is getting old. Obviously there are teams (maybe even the Dolphins) who are exagerating and twisting every little thing with this guy to make him slip. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones is in on it.

Passing on Dez Bryant will be as bad as when the Jets passed on Warren Sapp because of false rumors and when 26 teams passed on Marino because of false rumors.

I hope you naysayers realize the consequences of passing up on him.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
ahh the slant route...the quick inbreaking routes...these are the routes that on tape i saw room for improvement...my only gripe in his game...

he allows the cb to get the jump inside on him on some of his inbreaking routes...needs to be more decisive when he plants his foot and turn and come towards the ball and use his body to shield off the defender...just a bit nonchalant there...not quite as aggressive as someone of his physical stature and tools should be...

nothing a good nfl wrs coach can't quickly fix...

funny that he admits the slant route is his least favorite...it looks that way from a desire standpoint on tape...

datruth55
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
There is one thing that is making me strongly be in support of drafting Dez. And that one thing is that the young man absolutely has a passion for football! He is the anti- Teddy Ginn. He is passionate, loves contact, knows how to go up and get the ball, gets the YAC yards our offense desperately needs, and most importantly, he is very instinctive at creating seperation.

History has shown us that most busts have one thing in common. They don't have a passion for football. That is one thing we won't have to worry about with Dez.

Go get him Trifecta!!!!!!
I haven't seen the passion. He also said in one of his interviews that he hates running the slant route so I'm not sure he loves contact either.