PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best way to go - 4 round options

normaniii
03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
If we look at this draft, most would agree our biggest needs are at:-

WR, NT, OLB, FS.

With this in mind I wondered what the options would be throughout the 1st 4 rounds at each position and which draft would produce the best overall 4 round quality.

I have also been realistic, keeping players like Berry, Cody, J.Hughes out as they will not be there when we pick. Also, players like Golden Tate, perceived to be slot receiver's were not mentioned.

1st round

WR - D.Bryant
NT - D.Williams
OLB - D.Morgan, Jason Pierre-Paul, B.Graham, S.Kindle.
FS - Earl Thomas

2nd round

WR - Arrelious Benn, Brandon LaFell, Damian Williams, Demaryius Thomas
NT - Cam Thomas, Lamarr Houston
OLB - Worilds, Sapp, Koa Misi, Jermaine Cunningham
FS - Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Reshard Jones

3rd Round

WR - Carlton Mitchell, Taylor Price, Eric Decker
NT - Torrell Troup,
OLB - Austen Lane, Thaddeus Gibson, Eric Norwood
FS - Major Wright

4th Round

WR - Riley Cooper, Jeremy Williams
NT - Linval Joseph, D'Anthony Smith, Mike Neal, Arthur Jones, Jeff Owens
OLB - Willie Young, Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, Brandon Lang, Lindsey Witten, Greg Hardy, Cameron Sheffield,
FS - ...........................

The depth at WR round 2, OLB, round 3, NT round 4 would allow us to hit on all 4 positions with good value, which is what I would do, looking something like:-

1 - Earl Thomas
2 - Demaryius Thomas
3 - Austen Lane
4 - Linval Joseph

With this in mind, what do you think the best 4 round draft would look like?:ponder:

TKAllDay
03-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Man I would love the Thomas/Thomas Combo. Would also love E Thomas/Benn or Morgan/DThomas or Morgan/ Benn. Wouldn't complain about EThomas/Worlids/Mike Williams either

Ozfin77
03-31-2010, 08:21 AM
1st round

OLB -B.Graham

2nd round

WR - Arrelious Benn

3rd Round

FS - Major Wright

4th Round

NT - Jeff Owens

Not what I would do exactly, but from the choice of names, this is what I came up with.

Dolfan1000
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Thomas, Worilds, Mitchell and then a pass-catching TE in the 4th. Wait for the 6th round to draft a developmental NT.

Dolfan1000
03-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Just to clarify, that is how I think it would play out. If I was making the picks, it would be Bryant, Burnett, Gibson and Sheffield, with a NT being picked in the 6th round.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
with what you have i would go
dez
Worilds
Wright
Owens

normaniii
03-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Just to clarify, that is how I think it would play out. If I was making the picks, it would be Bryant, Burnett, Gibson and Sheffield, with a NT being picked in the 6th round.

I do like it:up:

I wanted T.Gibson in 3rd but wanted a larger guy to play SOLB opposite Wake & Taylor. I do feel A.Lane has a ton of upside and is extremely quick off the mark with a lean body to build mass onto. His 40 time was awful but he has an amazing 10 yard time.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 08:38 AM
I like Major Wright in 3rd, but I felt if we waited till 3rd to take him and he is already gone, the drop off after is ...................nobody.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
That's all very interesting. I'd take Spiller.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
That's all very interesting. I'd take Spiller.

I like Spiller a lot but I think he will be gone. I also would not take him if he was there. We have 5 rb and I like the potential of Hilliard and Sheets, adding Spiller to a power run game, when we have needs at WR, NT, OLB, FS is :crazy: IMO.:up:

772Fin
03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
If not 1)Dez 2)Worilds 3)Wright 4) Pitta or another pass catching TE, then I think it'd have to be 1)Thomas 2) Worilds 3) Pitta 4) Mike Williams, with 3 and 4 being swappable depending on who you're more worried about. Williams is a great talent all things considered, and he has bust potential, but unlike pretty much any other WR you'll get in these rounds, he has definite, true, easily visible #1 potential.

General Tso
03-31-2010, 08:58 AM
With those options I'd go:

Dez Bryant
Nate Allen
Torrell Troup
Lindsey Witten

mmikel30
03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Dez Bryant
Nate Allen
Geno Atkins/Torell Troup/Linval Joseph
JimmyGram
or
Earl Thomas
Jerry Hughes
Carlton Mitchell/Terrel Troup
Mike Williams/Jimmy Grahm
or
Brandon grahm
NateAllen
Torell Troup
Mike Williams

normaniii
03-31-2010, 09:05 AM
I think Mike Williams can be had a later little, maybe trade a 6 & 7 for a 5th if he available. I also like Danario Alexander in the 5-6 range.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Why would you take any RB with high picks this year. I like Spiller & Best but we have 5 RB's, with Sheets and especially Hilliard showing promise. Lets concentrate on D and WR where our biggest weak spots are.

phintim
03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Looking at how they created a void last year at CB and we used our 1st round pick on a CB then I believe we are looking at the very same this year at the OLB position. We tried to fill the safty issue via free agency which tells you they were not thinking of using the draft for that position. So OLB is the position for my first round pick "though" I am not sure there is one worthy of the #12 pick value wise. Still the last 2 years in the 1st round they went with safer picks not the sexy valued picks. I would have to choose Graham except he just does not fit their proto type size mold especially for a 1st round pick. Still we have 2 OLB questions so they almost have to spend 2 of thier first round picks at that position. I am saying 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd. We will not grab a NT with our 1st pick it will be more like our 4th pick. So I am going with OLB, Safty, OLB and NT or TE. In watching Parcells he value a good TE as more than a WR and he will reach a bit more for one of those guys. Today I put my money on a Grahm or Mogan with our 1st pick, safty with our 2nd, Spikes with our 3rd I know he is ILB but and maybe the TE from Miami but at this point I think that kid goes in the 3rd. The NT will be addressed in one of our 6 round picks and possibly again in the 7th round along with a Blair White type reciever or some small school gem who is unpolished but very fast.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Would be nice to get some kind of statistics showing which players are most popular at different spots.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Dez so far is most popular at #12

209Mason
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM
I like Spiller a lot but I think he will be gone. I also would not take him if he was there. We have 5 rb and I like the potential of Hilliard and Sheets, adding Spiller to a power run game, when we have needs at WR, NT, OLB, FS is :crazy: IMO.:up:

As trustworthy as Ricky/Ronnie are... We could very well be sitting here next year talking about which RB to take with our #1

I really think if Spiller is there at #12 it would be hard to pass on him. Yes, we have 5 RB... but if we Draft Spiller we can easily make a move to get rid of 1 or 2 and nab some draft picks in the process.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
1. Graham OLB
2. Burnett FS
3. TE Miami
4. L. Joseph NT

The receivers are not good enough at round 3. Better to pick up a TE with promise at this point, and WR in the 6th round.

772Fin
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
1. Graham OLB
2. Burnett FS
3. TE Miami
4. L. Joseph NT

The receivers are not good enough at round 3. Better to pick up a TE with promise at this point, and WR in the 6th round.

You people trip me out. Mike Williams is FIRST ROUND TALENT.

Short of murdering someone, he's not going to make it to a pick in the 190s-200s! I'd feel lucky to find him late in the fourth, which is where we should take him if we don't get anyone else, since we don't have a fifth.

I don't understand all the talk of Spiller, either...
Jahvid Best in Round 2 would solve the RB 'need' that we seem to have, and he's nearly the playmaker that Spiller is.

Ronnie Brown and Jahvid Best sounds like a heavenly combination for the next four or five years. Throw Cobbs, Sheets, and Hilliard in as the situation calls, and you'd have one of the best RB corps in the league. Just make sure they both get 10-15~ carries a game, and there's no issue.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 05:14 PM

Short of murdering someone, he's not going to make it to a pick in the 190s-200s! I'd feel lucky to find him late in the fourth, which is where we should take him if we don't get anyone else, since we don't have a fifth.

Jahvid Best in Round 2 would solve the RB 'need' that we seem to have, and he's nearly the playmaker that Spiller is.

Ronnie Brown and Jahvid Best sounds like a heavenly combination for the next four or five years. Throw Cobbs, Sheets, and Hilliard in as the situation calls, and you'd have one of the best RB corps in the league. Just make sure they both get 10-15~ carries a game, and there's no issue.
Frist round talent that quit on his team. The NFL is a grind, if you lack the passion for football you won't last long...his passion is in question.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-31-2010, 05:24 PM

Best is injury prone. Spiller is a threat at KR/PR/Slot WR to go to the house every time he touches the ball. If Spiller is gone and I need a RB, I draft one MUCH later.

outlawd2u
03-31-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm not really sure about rounds 3 and 4 because I think almost anything goes after round 2 but IMO #1 and #2 would almost have to be....

#1 Dez Bryant
#2 Nate Allen

Or....
#1 Earl Thomas
#2 Demaryius Thomas or Arrelius Benn(it's possible both of these guys could be gone by our 2nd pick though)

The more I think about it though I just have a hard time passing on Dez Bryant if he's there at #12.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Looking at how they created a void last year at CB and we used our 1st round pick on a CB then I believe we are looking at the very same this year at the OLB position. We tried to fill the safty issue via free agency which tells you they were not thinking of using the draft for that position. So OLB is the position for my first round pick "though" I am not sure there is one worthy of the #12 pick value wise. Still the last 2 years in the 1st round they went with safer picks not the sexy valued picks. I would have to choose Graham except he just does not fit their proto type size mold especially for a 1st round pick. Still we have 2 OLB questions so they almost have to spend 2 of thier first round picks at that position. I am saying 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 3rd. We will not grab a NT with our 1st pick it will be more like our 4th pick. So I am going with OLB, Safty, OLB and NT or TE. In watching Parcells he value a good TE as more than a WR and he will reach a bit more for one of those guys. Today I put my money on a Grahm or Mogan with our 1st pick, safty with our 2nd, Spikes with our 3rd I know he is ILB but and maybe the TE from Miami but at this point I think that kid goes in the 3rd. The NT will be addressed in one of our 6 round picks and possibly again in the 7th round along with a Blair White type reciever or some small school gem who is unpolished but very fast.

Id be happy with this format if it turned out:-

1 - Morgan/Graham
2 - N.Allen
3 - B.Spikes
4 - D.Dickerson

GuyWithHair202
04-01-2010, 02:11 AM
Going by this format and no trades?
This is what i would like.
1)Dez B.
Dez, Dan, and Earl are the only #12 non bust talent their. I don't want a NT for the first pick so I will pick the one who I think will benefit us the most even though I like Earl more.
2)Nate A.
Out of the remaining positions of need he is the best available.
3)Austen L.
Troop is smaller then Joseph and I think you need size at NT. So i pick Joseph even though i think he will be gone by the third round. As such I pick the best LB.
4)Linval J.
Need for a NT and he is the best their.