PDA

View Full Version : Gaints Possible Trade Partner???

JFoxx
03-31-2010, 10:56 AM
I think if a couple highly sought after guys are sitting there at #12 and we think we can still get one of our top guys at #15 or another spot in the first, we'll do it if we get value. As far as the point chart for drafting, it's a guide, not law, so if they really want someone at #12, they'll probably have to give us their 3rd. If they aren't willing to part with a 3rd, then we give Sea a call and tell them that the Giants are offering to move up to pick their player and see what they are willing to give. If someone lower wants it, we likely could get a lower second out of such a move. It's all a chess match with these teams and ultimately comes down to how bad a team wants a guy and is willing to give to move up. Last few years we've seen teams give up some fairly high picks to move up or get someone's pick. We are in a very good spot at #12. Not top 10, so teams don't have to pay the premium top 10 $$$, but still high enough to jockey around get an extra pick for just moving down further in the first.

TheBow305
03-31-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd be just fine moving down 3 spots to 15 and picking up a 4th and 5th round pick in return. Unless of course Berry or Dez are available at 12.

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 11:42 AM
I think a team would have to be STUPID to trade a 1st and a 2nd/3rd for any player in the draft. Unless its a stud QB you can just get one of the RFA who are proven and depending on the position you can find a relativley young player as well. IMO no player in this draft is worht a 1st rd pick and a 2nd/3rd. I doubt we can make a trade unless someone is desperate which is always a possibility.

Orlando Fan
03-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Hello all,

found this on Rotoworld, just another tidbit on CJ Spiller..........
Per Rotoworld..........
Beat writer Mike Garafolo confirms reports that the Giants are high on Clemson RB C.J. Spiller.

The Giants were listed as one of the teams rumored to be considering a trade into the top ten for a shot at Spiller. According to Garafolo, "It might be a bit early for that kind of talk, but I can tell you the team likes Spiller." The Giants are also believed to be high on Alabama LB Rolando McClain, who will visit on April 12.

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
I'd be in heaven if we could trade down to 15 and still get Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham while getting extra picks.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
I think Spiller will go to Jags at 10.

rickd13
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
I think Spiller will go to Jags at 10.

Why would the Jags draft a guy with the same type of skills and the same size as Maurice Jones-Drew?

normaniii
03-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Why would the Jags draft a guy with the same type of skills and the same size as Maurice Jones-Drew?

1 - He is nowhere near the same build as Mo-Jo.

MoJo - 5-7 208 lbs.

Spiller 5-11 195lbs

2 - MoJo still returns some kicks and punts and does not have a legitamate no.2.

3 - considering the above, Jags are a run 1st team and Spiller would provide them with a superb 1-2.

finforlife
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
I think a trade down with the Giants makes sense.
If they are looking at Spiller, both the 49ers (13th) and Seahawks (14th) are threats to take him.
Not sure what a move down three spots would net us. Maybe a 4th.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
1 - He is nowhere near the same build as Mo-Jo.

MoJo - 5-7 208 lbs.

Spiller 5-11 195lbs

2 - MoJo still returns some kicks and punts and does not have a legitamate no.2.

3 - considering the above, Jags are a run 1st team and Spiller would provide them with a superb 1-2.
So you would draft a guy #10 overall so he can be the #2 RB when you have a lot of other holes to fill?

Jacksonville ranked 23rd last season on defense, 27th against the pass, 24th on points given up and that's for a team who's average TOP was 30:20 because of their run game and they were a +2 on turnover ratio. They need DBs and a pass rush (14 sacks total last year) something fierce.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
I think a trade down with the Giants makes sense.
If they are looking at Spiller, both the 49ers (13th) and Seahawks (14th) are threats to take him.
Not sure what a move down three spots would net us. Maybe a 4th.
Trading down from 12 to 15 is 150 points difference which is equivalent to the 88 overall pick, 24th of the 3rd round. Giants pick 76th overall so they won't part with that pick. They have the 115th pick (17th in the 4th round) which is worth 64 points and the 147th pick (16th in the 5th round) which is worth 32.6 points, we could also end up taking their 5th round pick in the 2011 draft.

That would give us two extra picks this year and the 5th round pick would be beneficial since we don't have a 5th rounder this year.