PDA

View Full Version : The end all PERFECT mock draft!

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Ill say it, the best mock on here!

Trades
Smiley for a 4th rounder
1st (12) to Giants for 1st (15) and 3rd (76)

Draft
1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Taylor Mayes, SS
3rd- Jason Worlids, SOLB
3rd- Thad Gibson, OLB
4th- Linval Joseph, NT
4th- Mike Williams, WR
6th- Tony Poakei, TE
6th- Boo Robinson, NT
6th- Danario Alexander, WR
7th- Trevard Lindley, CB
7th- Zack Robinson, QB
7th- Brandon James, KR/PR

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Any Dolphins mock with Taylor Mays in it is disqualified.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
+1

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 12:13 PM

Trades
Smiley for a 4th rounder

Draft
1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Taylor Mayes, SS
3rd- Jason Worlids, SOLB
3rd- Thad Gibson, OLB
4th- Linval Joseph, NT
4th- Mike Williams, WR
6th- Tony Poakei, TE
6th- Boo Robinson, NT
7th- Trevard Lindley, CB
7th- Zack Robinson, QB

Love the thought process and I love Earl Thomas but he is my 2nd choice.

I would do Brandon Graham in the 1st
Get rid of Taylor Mays (dont like him for us)
Take Safety, Allen or Burnett in the 2nd
In the 3rd, draft the NT from Georgia rather than Gibson.

I love Mike Williams in the 4th. I have a good feeling about this guy.

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM

Why? Mayes and Earl thomas compliment each other AMAZINGLY well, Mayes is a beast in run stopping and would be feared be basically every WR going over the middle. Mayes+Davis in the secondary gives us AMAZING run support, FREAK athletes and speedsters, Earl Thomas+Sean Smith give us GREAT cover/ball hawk guys, could you imagine a seconary with those 4? scary.

Earl Thomas-20 years old
Vontae Davis- 21 years old
Taylor Mayes- 22 years old
Sean Smith- 22 years old

EDIT- This would solidify and complete our secondary for the next decade.

Just think about how much our defense would have improved.

Earl Thomas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gibril Wilson
Gibson+Worlids+Dansby>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ayodele+Jason Taylor+Porter
Mike Nolan>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Paul Pisquiloni
Soliai+Joseph>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Soliai
Taylor Mayes (develops behind Bell for a half a season to a season and replaces the 32 year old)>>>>>>>Bell
Along with crowder free lancing, and smith and davis improving are defense goes from a joke to scary

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM

+ 2

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
Why? Mayes and Earl thomas compliment each other AMAZINGLY well, Mayes is a beast in run stopping and would be feared be basically every WR going over the middle. Mayes+Davis in the secondary gives us AMAZING run support, FREAK athletes and speedsters, Earl Thomas+Sean Smith give us GREAT cover/ball hawk guys, could you imagine a seconary with those 4? scary.

Earl Thomas-20 years old
Sean Smith- 22 years old

We already have a PRO-BOWL SS. WR, OLB, & NT are more pressing needs.

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
We already have a PRO-BOWL SS. WR, OLB, & NT are more pressing needs.

He is 32, he will be replaces in the near future, he isnt a very good ballhawk, and probowls are NO way to judge a player.

JCfinfan
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM

Earl Thomas-20 years old
Sean Smith- 22 years old

Taylor Mayes (develops behind Bell for a half a season to a season and replaces the 32 year old)>>>>>>>Bell
Along with crowder free lancing, and smith and davis improving are defense goes from a joke to scary

Can't agree with you on Taylor Mays. Too stiff, and although he has tremendous physical ability, it never translated to the field. IMO he is going to struggle in the NFL.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
taylor mays isn't a good safety period...i don't care where you line him up...

no thanks

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
He is 32, he will be replaces in the near future, he isnt a very good ballhawk, and probowls are NO way to judge a player.

He doesn't have a lot of mileage due to his earlier injury history, SS does not need to be a ballhawk, and while what you say about pro-bowls is somewhat true, I can't think of a single pro-bowler that I wouldn't want on my team. Pro-bowlers are always good, if not great players.

Not to mention, we can't afford to have that much money tied up at just the safety position.

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
We will see with T. Mays, itl be boom or bust for sure, high upside/high risk.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:45 PM
We will see with T. Mays, itl be boom or bust for sure, high upside/high risk.

Taylor Mays will do well if he ends up on a team that can protect him from having to cover people, much like the Cowboys did with Roy Williams for all those years. The Raiders, Jets, & Bengals come to mind.

Hey, Roy Williams...now there's a "pro-bowler" I wouldn't ever want on my team.

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Taylor Mays will do well if he ends up on a team that can protect him from having to cover people, much like the Cowboys did with Roy Williams for all those years. The Raiders, Jets, & Bengals come to mind.

Hey, Roy Williams...now there's a "pro-bowler" I wouldn't ever want on my team.

3 ballhawks in Earl, Davis, and Smith cant protect him? a pass rush including gibson, worlids, wake, dansby, starks, and merling cant protect him? Mike nolan a defensive guru cant protect him? he isnt even that bad in coverage, he was missused last year at SC.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 12:53 PM
3 ballhawks in Earl, Davis, and Smith cant protect him? a pass rush including gibson, worlids, wake, dansby, starks, and merling cant protect him? Mike nolan a defensive guru cant protect him? he isnt even that bad in coverage, he was missused last year at SC.

Our secondary isn't good enough (yet) to protect Mays' lack of instincts or cover skills. Our pass rush isn't good enough yet either. Will Nolan make that big of a difference? We don't know yet.

That's a lot of speculation you are using to justify picking Mays. Besides, if he is available at the Raiders pick in the 2nd round, we wouldn't get to pick him anyway. :D

newlownorder
03-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Taylor Mays, not Mayes, in the 2nd round is a joke. Also, any draft that has the dolphins taking Boo Robinson is a joke. I think people assume that because his name is Boo that he must be over 300 lbs. He's not, he isn't a NT, he won't be on this team.

normaniii
03-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't get the talk of trading with the Giants. Why would they want to trade ahead of SF & Seattle. Only reason I can think of is Spiller and in my mind he is gone at 10. Giants also have Jacobs, Bradshaw and D.Ware.

I would think a better trade would be with Seattle at 14 who may want to get ahead of SF to pick up A.Davis OT.

Heatking
03-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Earl Thomas-20 years old
Sean Smith- 22 years old

This would all be great if mays could tackle. He will rather go for the big hit than wrap up. I have seen it too many times with him, i want him nowhere near the dolphins.

TheBow305
03-31-2010, 01:50 PM
I'd be happy with that for sure!

Phin-Phan 66
03-31-2010, 02:06 PM
I am really happy this is just a MOCK and not reality

I prefer
1. Brandon Graham OLB/DE, Michigan
2. Morgan Burnett S, GT
3. Mike Williams WR, Syracuse
4. Torrell Troupe NT, UCF

gdiaz0358
03-31-2010, 02:11 PM
Mays in the 2nd wont happen. He goes in the late 1st imo. Bell is 32 but hasnt had a full carrer as a starter so he might have more in him then other 31/32 yr old SS in the league. I think next offseason we should begin looking for his replacement. I think we should go either Benn/D.Thomas/ or FS in the 2nd assuming we pick a OLB in the 1st.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Not bad at all i think Taylor Mays could be a very good SS and that would set our secondary for many years. i would also rather have Jeff owens over Linval Joseph i dont like how tall joseph is

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
This would all be great if mays could tackle. He will rather go for the big hit than wrap up. I have seen it too many times with him, i want him nowhere near the dolphins.
All you have to do is have a good coach to coach him up on wraping up i am sure he could if he didnt want to go for the big hit

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Taylor Mays, not Mayes, in the 2nd round is a joke. Also, any draft that has the dolphins taking Boo Robinson is a joke. I think people assume that because his name is Boo that he must be over 300 lbs. He's not, he isn't a NT, he won't be on this team.
OMG every call the media he isnt 300 lbs he is only 295 it would be impossible for him to gain 5 to 10 pounds. Wow thanks for pointing that out.

COphinphan89
03-31-2010, 03:13 PM
+3

t-dubya
03-31-2010, 04:22 PM

Trades
Smiley for a 4th rounder

Draft
1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Taylor Mayes, SS
3rd- Jason Worlids, SOLB
3rd- Thad Gibson, OLB
4th- Linval Joseph, NT
4th- Mike Williams, WR
6th- Tony Poakei, TE
6th- Boo Robinson, NT
7th- Trevard Lindley, CB
7th- Zack Robinson, QB

Sorry to be a douche but gotta stick up for my Iowa boy - Tony Moeaki not Tony Poakei

footsteps falco
03-31-2010, 04:50 PM
i would sooo much rather have myron rolle at SS in the 3rd round

footsteps falco
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't get the talk of trading with the Giants. Why would they want to trade ahead of SF & Seattle. Only reason I can think of is Spiller and in my mind he is gone at 10. Giants also have Jacobs, Bradshaw and D.Ware.

I would think a better trade would be with Seattle at 14 who may want to get ahead of SF to pick up A.Davis OT.

rolando mcclain, they want him, they want him baddd

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 04:57 PM
i would sooo much rather have myron rolle at SS in the 3rd round

Myron Rolle will most likely still be available in the 5th round.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Myron Rolle will most likely still be available in the 5th round.

and hopefully not on our board...

dsipher13
03-31-2010, 09:36 PM

+4

baseballcb95
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Fine, i see where everyone is going with this.. let me revise:

which do you like better?

Trade down from 12 to 15 picking up the giants 3rd.
Trade Smiley for a 5th.

1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Demaryius Thomas, WR
3rd- Jason Worlids, OLB
3rd- Linval Joseph, NT
4th- Dennis Pitta, TE
5th- Mike Williams, WR

1st- Dez Bryant, WR
2nd- Nate Allen, FS
3rd- Alex Carrington, DE
3rd- Thad Gibson, OLB
4th- Torrel Troupe, NT
5th- Ed Dickson, TE

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 10:06 PM
i'm not really a fan of all the trade out scenarios...sure that's nice and all if we could but the odds are very much against that being a possibility...how bout a mock with our current picks as they stand which has more current relevance anyways...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Best mock? Yeah ok

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Fine, i see where everyone is going with this.. let me revise:

which do you like better?

Trade down from 12 to 15 picking up the giants 3rd.
Trade Smiley for a 5th.

1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Demaryius Thomas, WR
3rd- Jason Worlids, OLB
3rd- Linval Joseph, NT
4th- Dennis Pitta, TE
5th- Mike Williams, WR

1st- Dez Bryant, WR
2nd- Nate Allen, FS
3rd- Alex Carrington, DE
3rd- Thad Gibson, OLB
4th- Torrel Troupe, NT
5th- Ed Dickson, TE

first one but would be happy with second but first is really good...