PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant ticks off over criticism

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 02:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/31/dez-bryant-whoever-passes-up-on-me-its-over-with/

"I'm not the type of person that will try to confront somebody but now I feel like it's gone too far. It's gone too far (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/30/dez-bryant-forgot-his-cleats/)," Bryant said to The Associated Press. "I haven't did anything wrong to nobody."

(...)

"Whoever passes up on me, it's over with. I feel like I'm going through the same situation Randy Moss (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1655) did," he added. "That man had issues and teams were passing up on him, and when he got on that field, he killed them. He murdered them. Look at him today: One of the best players in the NFL."

(...)

"What do this got to do with me playing football? Even if I did forget my cleats, what do that have to do with me playing football? I don't think it has anything to do with me playing football."

it just keeps getting better and better...

dez bryant might consider getting paid for all the media attention he's getting, maybe get his own reality show: " Cleat this ! "

:lol:

this being said, i still love the player a lot ...

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 02:47 PM
now that's what i've been waiting to here...enough of the bs...if you pass on me...it's over with

translation: i'm gonna shred your secondary for the next 10 years...

nothing like a little fire in his belly now to motivate him to dominate...

god i hope we aren't dumb enough to pass

sinPHIN
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
i was just about to post this. i hope he will be a phin.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah media and fans keep bashing him as we pass on him and he becomes one of the best WR in the league with all the fuel the media and fans are giving him and then everyone in here can b**** and mone about how we didnt draft him

VT Dolphan
03-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Add grammar to his list of shortcomings! Undraftable!

Troysif
03-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Add grammar to his list of shortcomings! Undraftable!
Sadly the only reason some people go to college is b/c they are good at sports.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 03:04 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bryant%253A-pre-draft-criticism-has-%2560gone-too-far%2527

In the article from FoxSports:

Until he can prove himself on the field, Bryant can only defend himself with his words.

- He said he brought six pairs of shoes to his pro day-style workout at his high school in Lufkin, Texas, and - regardless of the hubbub around his missing cleats - he was happy with his performance although "in my mind I always feel like there's room to improve."

"You know how players have their particular cleats that they want, the ones they are comfortable in? I didn't have those," Bryant said. "I'm not saying it would have made any difference. But I'm saying I didn't have those."

- He said it was "just not possible" for him to be late for a game while he was at Oklahoma State and takes issue with the suggestion that he's irresponsible.

"It ain't about my background. It's what I'm going to do for the team. It's what I'm going to bring to your team," he said. "That's what it's about."

- He even defends his decision to work out with Adam "Pacman" Jones, who was suspended for the entire 2007 season after a series of off-the-field incidents.

"Why down talk the man? The man did everything right. He's working out. He's doing good. What happened in the past was the past. That's just like anybody else. If they did something wrong, they would be looking for a second chance."

bigchub22
I want this guy badly but damn I thought he had a college eddumuacation nice grammar.

TXFinFan
If we pass on him, we will regret it.

COphinphan89
03-31-2010, 03:05 PM
This goes under "responds poorly to criticism". Someone needs to grow a pair and a thicker skin. Quit your bitchin Dezzy boy.

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
now that's what i've been waiting to here...enough of the bs...if you pass on me...it's over with

I'm with you on that one.

Canadi-Phin
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I love that he is showing his fire and that he's pissed off. Shows that he cares. This would be a great motivational tool as one of his coaches.

DFJR88
03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
i've had a hard on for dez for the past two years now and really hope we grab him at 12

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
i'm just not afraid to take elite talent...and make no bones about it dez bryant is elite level talent...

had he had some troubles with the law i'd be more concerned than about a kid not having his favorite cleats at his workout...that's media driven garbage...i'm pretty sure the equipment manager will make sure he has his favorite cleats on game day...and i hope those mo fo's are made out of gold...lol

i watch brandon graham...yeah he's a good player...its a pure projection at this point that he can play olb in the nfl...it looks that way on tape but it's no guarantee...but what does he do that makes you say to yourself...damn that right there is elite??? i don't see anything...he's a safe pick and he'll be a darn good pro but what about that next level...does he have the upside that a dez bryant has??? the answer is no...

earl thomas another good football player who projects as a ballhawking player in the pros...but he's somewhat undersized by nfl standards and plays a little soft to me on tape...what's he gonna do when he's got dez bryant in the deep middle and the balls in the air and dez gets his hands on him and plays physical with him and leaps for the ball...??? i tell ya what i think he's gonna do...i think he's gonna get owned...

you take dez bryant and from day 1 he's the best wr on our team...no question...he's got all the tools necessary to dominate at the next level...

you pass on him and you end up with very good but not great players you're gonna regret it...and you're gonna see it every sunday when he's torching teams around the league...that's not a chance i want to take...if he's there i sprint the card to the table...

i'm rolling with the talent...

SRM
03-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah media and fans keep bashing him as we pass on him and he becomes one of the best WR in the league with all the fuel the media and fans are giving him and then everyone in here can b**** and mone about how we didnt draft him

How many times are you going to post that?

datruth55
03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Well this may sound crazy but I like that it lit a fire under him. Now he's showing me something. Nothing like grabbing talent that has a chip on it's shoulder.

Although his reference to Moss is not a good one. Moss was smoking dope at the combine and he wasn't exactly the consumate teammate in Minnesota or Oakland when he was taking plays off and such.

SRM
03-31-2010, 03:32 PM
Well this may sound crazy but I like that it lit a fire under him. Now he's showing me something. Nothing like grabbing talent that has a chip on it's shoulder.

Although his reference to Moss is not a good one. Moss was smoking dope at the combine and he wasn't exactly the consumate teammate in Minnesota or Oakland when he was taking plays off and such.

I agree. Now he seems motivated to prove people wrong. That's all I was really worried about. I could look past his suspension, but his work ethic didn't seem so great. Now something is driving him.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 03:33 PM
i'm just not afraid to take elite talent...and make no bones about it dez bryant is elite level talent...

had he had some troubles with the law i'd be more concerned than about a kid not having his favorite cleats at his workout...that's media driven garbage...i'm pretty sure the equipment manager will make sure he has his favorite cleats on game day...and i hope those mo fo's are made out of gold...lol

i watch brandon graham...yeah he's a good player...its a pure projection at this point that he can play olb in the nfl...it looks that way on tape but it's no guarantee...but what does he do that makes you say to yourself...damn that right there is elite??? i don't see anything...he's a safe pick and he'll be a darn good pro but what about that next level...does he have the upside that a dez bryant has??? the answer is no...

earl thomas another good football player who projects as a ballhawking player in the pros...but he's somewhat undersized by nfl standards and plays a little soft to me on tape...what's he gonna do when he's got dez bryant in the deep middle and the balls in the air and dez gets his hands on him and plays physical with him and leaps for the ball...??? i tell ya what i think he's gonna do...i think he's gonna get owned...

you take dez bryant and from day 1 he's the best wr on our team...no question...he's got all the tools necessary to dominate at the next level...

you pass on him and you end up with very good but not great players you're gonna regret it...and you're gonna see it every sunday when he's torching teams around the league...that's not a chance i want to take...if he's there i sprint the card to the table...

Nice post! :up:

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm with you on that one.

x2

here's to hoping he falls at 12, and that Ireland grabs his balls and picks him instead of listenning to parcells (who IMO wouldn't have bryant on his draft board... :rolleyes: )

this is 2010 football bill, jeff... you need receivers...

you need them to have size. Check.

you need them to have hands. Check

you need them to have overrall talent. Check

you need them to have work ethic. Check (forgetting a pair of cleats IMO does not reflect bad work ethic, moreso a lack of attention or responsability... when i see a guy chiseled like that, I'm pretty sure he hits the gym often )

you need them to have confidence. CHECK

enough said

TedSlimmJr
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
The best thing that can happen to this kid is for him to fall....

If some team takes him in the top 10....(or lord forbid the top 5)..I think his shakey intangibles are going to lead to disappointment...

He's a monster on the field, but he's still going to have to adjust to a pro style offense in the NFL... there's no denying his talent...but laziness... questionable work ethic.... poor, poor decision making off the field...suspended for virtually his entire junior season...lack of attention to detail.....mediocre pro day workout...etc..etc..

It's all just too much to overlook....if he was an ELITE prospect in the Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson mold etc. with legitimate fear striking speed, some of his issues would be easier to sweep under the rug and be considered a lock top 10 prospect....but...

..that's just not the case..

NY8123
03-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Where ever the kid signs he might want to use a smidge of that signing bonus on English class 101.

My 12 year old son has a better knowledge of the language.

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 03:41 PM
here's an interview with mike mayock, following the workout

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8173fe9c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
see that's where i disagree with you slimm...i think he is an elite talent...i really do...and i think he plays faster on tape than he ran

this is the best wr i've seen on tape in a while...a good while

datruth55
03-31-2010, 03:45 PM
see that's where i disagree with you slimm...i think he is an elite talent...i really do...and i think he plays faster on tape than he ran

this is the best wr i've seen on tape in a while...a good while
Cut it out hoops, you know you want Taylor Mays more than Dez Bryant, lol.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Cut it out hoops, you know you want Taylor Mays more than Dez Bryant, lol.

taylor mays or however you spell it isn't even on my board at safety...like nowhere

datruth55
03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
taylor mays or however you spell it isn't even on my board at safety...like nowhere
:chuckle: I know man...we did the draft board together...remember.

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM

If some team takes him in the top 10....(or lord forbid the top 5)..I think his shakey intangibles are going to lead to disappointment...

He's a monster on the field, but he's still going to have to adjust to a pro style offense in the NFL... there's no denying his talent...but laziness... questionable work ethic.... poor, poor decision making off the field...suspended for virtually his entire junior season...lack of attention to detail.....mediocre pro day workout...etc..etc..

It's all just too much to overlook....if he was an ELITE prospect in the Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson mold etc. with legitimate fear striking speed, some of his issues would be easier to sweep under the rug and be considered a lock top 10 prospect....but...

i understand, but if he's there at 12, who would you rather pick ?!

earl thomas ? brandon graham ? rolando McClain ?

:ponder:

i'd still lean towards bryant... although CJ Spiller is the major wildcard, in most scenarios where bryant would be available you have to lean towards picking him IMO ...

although he has those red flags, the first issue i have with those is that the vast majority of those flags are either shaky reports, or a product of perception rather than facts.
Then you have to weigh-in everything for the dolphins... lack of playmaker, lack of WR/need to surround henne, Mike Nolan's ability to build a solid defence with average players, bryant's elite potential (IMO), etc.

when i weigh in all of this, i simply can't think of the dolphins passing on him for a defensive player at #12 ... like i said, Spiller remains a major wildcard though...

datruth55
03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Let me say this though. I think Bryant needs a new agent. Why his agent didn't have him prepared to run the 20-yard shuttle and the 3-cone drill is beyond me. This is probably the guys prize client. He should have had him ready to do all the drills and should have done some prep work with him to do interviews. Bryant is what...20? 21? He's a young kid trying to make a big first impression and so far all he's been having to do is defend himself and his character. His agent is doing a piss poor job IMO.

SRM
03-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Let me say this though. I think Bryant needs a new agent. Why his agent didn't have him prepared to run the 20-yard shuttle and the 3-cone drill is beyond me. This is probably the guys prize client. He should have had him ready to do all the drills and should have done some prep work with him to do interviews. Bryant is what...20? 21? He's a young kid trying to make a big first impression and so far all he's been having to do is defend himself and his character. His agent is doing a piss poor job IMO.

Think we can all agree on that man. He's the same agent that Crabtree has.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 03:55 PM
:chuckle: I know man...we did the draft board together...remember.

lol...i meant if we didn't have a joint board...he wouldn't be on mine...

datruth55
03-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Think we can all agree on that man. He's the same agent that Crabtree has.
Is it really? Son of a biscuit eater....that's a major negative right there.

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 04:04 PM

With you all the way. Only caveat is I actually do see things on the film that Brandon Graham does that make me say damn, he might be elite. But even as a backer of Brandon Graham, I have to admit, as you say it's a projection. There's no two ways about it, you're having the guy play a position he hasn't played in four years. I think he can do it, but it adds a layer of insecurity to your taking him at #12...whereas the supposed layer of insecurity that you're adding by taking Dez Bryant at #12, that being character, I just don't buy it. He has no real character flags to me.

TedSlimmJr
03-31-2010, 04:05 PM
i understand, but if he's there at 12, who would you rather pick ?!

earl thomas ? brandon graham ? rolando McClain ?

:ponder:

i'd still lean towards bryant... although CJ Spiller is the major wildcard, in most scenarios where bryant would be available you have to lean towards picking him IMO ...

although he has those red flags, the first issue i have with those is that the vast majority of those flags are either shaky reports, or a product of perception rather than facts.
Then you have to weigh-in everything for the dolphins... lack of playmaker, lack of WR/need to surround henne, Mike Nolan's ability to build a solid defence with average players, bryant's elite potential (IMO), etc.

when i weigh in all of this, i simply can't think of the dolphins passing on him for a defensive player at #12 ... like i said, Spiller remains a major wildcard though...

I would take Spiller over him at #12....and there's really not a whole lot that needs to be explained there as to why either....

I would take McClain over him....forget that McClain at 6-3, 250 pounds ran a better 3 cone than Bryant.....the reasoning here is quite simple also...

Brandon Graham? Uh...yeah...I would...

Earl Thomas was never a top 15 pick IMO....I've stood by that from day 1 as well...simply because of the value of the position he plays and the fact that he doesn't have the prototype size you look for in a safety....but the upside with Thomas as a pro is incredible from both a physical and mental perspective...

Just because Henne doesn't have a playmaker or #1 WR around him doesn't mean you draft one if you think he's got a 60% chance of busting on you....Bryant isn't the first 6-2, 225 pound WR with mediocre speed that put up huge numbers in a wide open system in a soft defensive conference....and he won't be the last either.....he's a good player...but all this "can't miss", "can't pass on him"...."we're doomed if we don't get Dez"...."best WR I've ever seen"...garbage is just silly to me....

thejetssuck
03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
I really didn't like our chances of Dez falling to us at number 12, now I think we have a pretty good shot of him falling to our laps. I really hope this regime does the right thing and pick him. It would make up for passing on Hakeem Nicks last year, though I think Vontae does show a lot of potential.

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM

Actually I agree with a lot of the things you bring up. I do take issue with "laziness", "questionable work ethic" and "lack of attention to detail".

I've seen absolutely nothing, nothing at all, that leads me to question those three things.

I think the pro day is more a function of "poor, poor decision making off the field"...and even that I would stipulate is more "misguided" decision making off the field, not as bad as you paint it. A guy that makes "poor, poor" decisions off the field to me is a drug user, wife beater, overeater, that kind of thing. In all likelihood the poor results on the shuttle, cone and bench were the result of his having trained hard for the 40 because he thought that's all anyone cares about. He's not a smart guy, I could see him thinking along those lines and I've seen that before in prospects.

The "forgotten cleats" thing is just like the "late for games" thing...officially debunked.

ghostface95
03-31-2010, 04:16 PM
actually the fact that Eugene Parker is Dez Bryant's agent maybe a blessing in disguise.....

my reason for saying this is that from my understanding both Parker and Parcells are good friends therefore, it's a very very good chance that if he's there at 12 HE WILL BE A DOLPHIN!!!

TedSlimmJr
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
Actually I agree with a lot of the things you bring up. I do take issue with "laziness", "questionable work ethic" and "lack of attention to detail".

I've seen absolutely nothing, nothing at all, that leads me to question those three things.

I think the pro day is more a function of "poor, poor decision making off the field"...and even that I would stipulate is more "misguided" decision making off the field, not as bad as you paint it. A guy that makes "poor, poor" decisions off the field to me is a drug user, wife beater, overeater, that kind of thing. In all likelihood the poor results on the shuttle, cone and bench were the result of his having trained hard for the 40 because he thought that's all anyone cares about. He's not a smart guy, I could see him thinking along those lines and I've seen that before in prospects.

The "forgotten cleats" thing is just like the "late for games" thing...officially debunked.

Why is it "in all likelihood"? Because it's your opinion?

We agree that he's not a smart guy though...

JT-forpresident
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
I would take Spiller over him at #12....and there's really not a whole lot that needs to be explained there as to why either....

I would take McClain over him....forget that McClain at 6-3, 250 pounds ran a better 3 cone than Bryant.....the reasoning here is quite simple also...

Brandon Graham? Uh...yeah...I would...

Earl Thomas was never a top 15 pick IMO....I've stood by that from day 1 as well...simply because of the value of the position he plays and the fact that he doesn't have the prototype size you look for in a safety....but the upside with Thomas as a pro is incredible from both a physical and mental perspective...

Just because Henne doesn't have a playmaker or #1 WR around him doesn't mean you draft one if you think he's got a 60% chance of busting on you....Bryant isn't the first 6-2, 225 pound WR with mediocre speed that put up huge numbers in a wide open system in a soft defensive conference....and he won't be the last either.....he's a good player...but all this "can't miss", "can't pass on him"...."we're doomed if we don't get Dez"...."best WR I've ever seen"...garbage is just silly to me....

I'm not saying we're doomed, or that he's the best WR we've ever seen, but IMO he's the best WR prospect the fins have had a legitimate shot at drafting in the last 3 years ... and you never know when an opportunity like that will happen.

I understand that next years' draft might be a bountyful harvest of WRs (depending on who declares) , but you can't think with that mentality IMO, because then if you don't land one next year, you'll be waiting for 2012 to come around, etc. etc.

That's the bottom line IMO ... we need WRs, there's potential for a true #1 that might be staring at us at #12 and i don't see how we can pass on him if available, given the need, the talent, the direction this league is taking right now, etc. ...

Spiller is also a great pick at 12 IMO ... in a bryant/spiller scenario i think spiller gets the nod with this regime, but i'm not sure which decision would be the best...

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Why is it "in all likelihood"? Because it's your opinion?

We agree that he's not a smart guy though...

Because I've seen it before. The scout onlookers seemed to suggest he seemed not very well trained on those particular drills. So yeah, it's pretty likely he just didn't train as hard on those things as he did the football drills and the 40.

And in fact, his recent statement firing back "What does that have to do with football" seems to suggest to me that he just doesn't care about stuff that doesn't have to do with football. And I think you'd be the FIRST to point out that those underwear ballet exercises don't have much to do with football.

Dolphin39
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Bryant can play football; however, from reading his quote it is clear he is as dumb as a box of rocks!

It is a shame these players cannot speak proper English even with their "so called" college degrees!!!!!!!!!

TedSlimmJr
03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Because I've seen it before. The scout onlookers seemed to suggest he seemed not very well trained on those particular drills. So yeah, it's pretty likely he just didn't train as hard on those things as he did the football drills and the 40.

And in fact, his recent statement firing back "What does that have to do with football" seems to suggest to me that he just doesn't care about stuff that doesn't have to do with football. And I think you'd be the FIRST to point out that those underwear ballet exercises don't have much to do with football.

Sure I would...but that's not the point I'm getting at...

This is ALL Dez Bryant had....this is ALL he had to convince his detractors that he was an ELITE prospect....it didn't happen... it is what it is...

I'm just telling you I think he's too risky to use a top 10 pick on......I wouldn't touch him before 20...

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
if you think that's dumb as a box of rocks go listen to the memphis tigers final four team interview of the starting 5 from a few years ago on cbs...

that my friends was dumb as a box of rocks...the entire starting unit...

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm just telling you I think he's too risky to use a top 10 pick on......I wouldn't touch him before 20...

so a playoff caliber team already gets a talent like that??? no freaking way!!!

it's unfair

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Bryant can play football; however, from reading his quote it is clear he is as dumb as a box of rocks!

It is a shame these players cannot speak proper English even with their "so called" college degrees!!!!!!!!!

Do you really care how smart he is? He's not any dumber than Jerry Rice or Emmett Smith.

datruth55
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM
if you think that's dumb as a box of rocks go listen to the memphis tigers final four team interview of the starting 5 from a few years ago on cbs...

that my friends was dumb as a box of rocks...the entire starting unit...
Any player that plays for John Calapari doesn't have to go to class. Just check a Kentucky board and ask them if John Wall has ever gone to class.

I don't put too much emphasis on pronunciation or grammar for these kids. Most of them grew up in neighborhoods where no one used proper grammar. Ever heard Jerry Rice talk? He can't even say the word "with", he says "wif". He turned out fine. Some of these guys don't sound intelligent but they're smarter than you think.

No one is asking Dez Bryant to be an orator, he's being asked to play football.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Thank you Dez thats what I have been saying all along now some of these people on this site can shut up now. I swear some people were thinking Dez jusrt got out of jail.

thejetssuck
03-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Do you really care how smart he is? He's not any dumber than Jerry Rice or Emmett Smith.

You're joking, right? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and am pray
ing we pick him, but........come on now. This guy is about as smart as Forrest Gump.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 05:09 PM
Any player that plays for John Calapari doesn't have to go to class. Just check a Kentucky board and ask them if John Wall has ever gone to class.

I don't put too much emphasis on pronunciation or grammar for these kids. Most of them grew up in neighborhoods where no one used proper grammar. Ever heard Jerry Rice talk? He can't even say the word "with", he says "wif". He turned out fine. Some of these guys don't sound intelligent but they're smarter than you think.

No one is asking Dez Bryant to be an orator, he's being asked to play football.

oh yeah...i know that...wherever calipari goes i've known that...you think i think demarcus cousins is in the science lab???

lol...no i don't...i think he's throwing dice with his buddies and thinking about the money in the nba...

i was just saying that the interview was hard to follow...watch...stomach...it was one of those things where it was so incoherent almost that i was surprised cbs even ran it...

and i'm aware that there are different kinds of smarts...so i probably shouldn't have used the words "dumb as a box of rocks" earlier...

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah we're not looking to recruit a kid that will take the Princeton basketball team back to prominence. The guy we get doesn't have to be able to pass admissions for the Ivy League.

TXFinFan
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM
You're joking, right? Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and am pray
ing we pick him, but........come on now. This guy is about as smart as Forrest Gump.

I just meant that most people consider Jerry Rice & Emmett Smith to be pretty dumb, but they were great football players.

Same thing applies to Dez. I literally don't care how dumb he sounds in interviews as long as he is helping our team win.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 05:15 PM
vontae davis especially in predraft interviews didn't seem to come across as a very intelligent kid...but i think we can all agree that we like what he brings to the party on the football field...

finfan54
03-31-2010, 06:23 PM
vontae davis especially in predraft interviews didn't seem to come across as a very intelligent kid...but i think we can all agree that we like what he brings to the party on the football field...

I dont question Bryants intelligence. I question his work ethic and attitude. It simply leaves behind all the talent he has with some serious ? that scouts would have for the long term, not the short.

The dude thinks he is god and he hasnt made it through his sophomore year.

I would say he would make people pay, and then demand he be paid the most money of anyone on earth.

Whatever. People will see what they want to see even if it would be for the short term, because as soon as this guy puts up some numbers, he will be holding out and not showin up.

WR are prima donnas

finfan54
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
here's an interview with mike mayock, following the workout

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8173fe9c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

You know, I look at that interview for the second time and he reminds me exactly of one Braylon Edwards. His manerisms are almost exact.

Then I have to say something about the no-shirt deal. I think that is a bit overdone on his part. My wife was watchin this with me and she was like, "whats the deal with playin without a shirt on?" I didnt think much about it but right there in the interview, he has no shirt. Not much class there.

First, I am not impressed with his abs. That does not impress me at all. and it is highly possible to be out of shape and look in shape. Its called cardiovascular workout. If he played a football game right now he would prob be all beat up.

That being said, I remember three years ago when Teddy Ginn was all the rage. This entire board was nothing but Teddy Ginn 24/7. Then we get him and his family at #9 and look what we got. College ball is different than the pros. You cannot get by on reputation. That is what he is doing right now with showing off his bod in a workout.

No way Billy P is impressed with this at all. But hey, what do I know? I am just a guy with a keyboard.

So Have at it! Dezzy boy the bomb!

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 09:01 PM
"i am not impressed with his abs" lol...as if he was running around with a terrence cody midsection or something...

that's a new one for me...another red flag for some i guess...

jlfin
03-31-2010, 09:05 PM

I don't read it that way. He strikes me as someone who is thin skinned and who could be thrown off his game by team with a physical secondary.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't read it that way. He strikes me as someone who is thin skinned and who could be thrown off his game by team with a physical secondary.

so things that the media are saying about him and he's tired of hearing will directly relate to how he handles physical play on the football field???

that's quite a stretch there...

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 09:43 PM

Georgia thought that as well. They took cheap shots on him all game. Watch it sometime. He responded with two touchdown catches and a third catch in the end zone for a two-point conversion.

I'm not going to say that the sudden physicality didn't throw him off at all. It did. He dropped an early pass or two, was a little bit rattled by cheap shots that honestly should have been flagged. Later he got a penalty I believe.

But three catches in the end zone says he responded and made Georgia look silly for riling him up.

Heatking
03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Dez Bryant is a monster... I would be so much happier if we could get another 40 from him. I really feel he can do 4.4 easily.

j-off-her-doll
03-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Good for Dez.

ckparrothead
03-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Dez Bryant is a monster... I would be so much happier if we could get another 40 from him. I really feel he can do 4.4 easily.

He ran between a 4.47 and a 4.53. That's the range I've seen on his best run. He ran three times and only on one of the runs did he run poorly, but ran the same on the other two runs. I think we can throw the poor run out and just take the 4.47 to 4.53 range. And you know what? At 6'2" and 224 lbs? That's a damn good time, IMO. Especially with that 11'1" broad jump, 38" vertical, and between a 1.50 and 1.52 in the 10 yard split (Mayock had a 1.50, Rob Rang has a 1.52).

This 4.55 or 4.57 business is done by averaging and those averages include the 4.68 timing. I don't agree with that.

Phin-Phan 66
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope he's gone by 12 so the decision is out of our hands...
I love his talent, but the rest of him scares me. If he's gone by 12 - he can go to a million pro bowls and I won't lose sleep over it. If he's there and we pass, it will haunt us forever.

Phin-Phan 66
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah we're not looking to recruit a kid that will take the Princeton basketball team back to prominence. The guy we get doesn't have to be able to pass admissions for the Ivy League.

He does become one of the "faces of the franchise" as a first rounder.
I love Dez "the player". It's Dez "the person" that scares me. :ponder:

JT-forpresident
04-01-2010, 12:10 AM
You know, I look at that interview for the second time and he reminds me exactly of one Braylon Edwards. His manerisms are almost exact.

Then I have to say something about the no-shirt deal. I think that is a bit overdone on his part. My wife was watchin this with me and she was like, "whats the deal with playin without a shirt on?" I didnt think much about it but right there in the interview, he has no shirt. Not much class there.

First, I am not impressed with his abs. That does not impress me at all. and it is highly possible to be out of shape and look in shape. Its called cardiovascular workout. If he played a football game right now he would prob be all beat up.

That being said, I remember three years ago when Teddy Ginn was all the rage. This entire board was nothing but Teddy Ginn 24/7. Then we get him and his family at #9 and look what we got. College ball is different than the pros. You cannot get by on reputation. That is what he is doing right now with showing off his bod in a workout.

No way Billy P is impressed with this at all. But hey, what do I know? I am just a guy with a keyboard.

:ponder: what ?

90% or more of finheaven wanted brady quinn back then, myself included... everyone thought it was a slam dunk when he fell

SRM
04-01-2010, 12:19 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nevermind, I read the whole post :lol:

..Unless you're being serious.

ckparrothead
04-01-2010, 10:00 AM
He does become one of the "faces of the franchise" as a first rounder.
I love Dez "the player". It's Dez "the person" that scares me. :ponder:

Is Phil Merling a face of the franchise? Is Vontae Davis?

I think that's a bit overblown. You're getting a football player. Maybe if we're talking about a QB or a #1 overall pick...but we're not talking about that.

PhinsTD
04-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I love him and want to draft him, but I'm nearly convinced we'll pass on him for defense and grab a WR later. That seems wrong to me because he's as close to a sure thing at WR in this draft, and any defensive player would not be as sure a thing, but I've already prepared myself for it to happen.