PDA

View Full Version : I would pass on Bryant for this reason alone

DKphin
03-31-2010, 07:06 PM
The guy is consorting with Pac-Man Jones. That is a major red flag on his character. Just being around Pac-Man, let alone being his friend, speaks volumes of where this kids head is at. Sure he is a superior talent, but there are other talented WRs in this draft.

He also defended Pacman Jones. "Why down talk the man?" Bryant said of Pacman. "The man did everything right." http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5558&line=170727&spln=1
Just the opposites, Pac-Man did everything wrong off-the-field. My God, he went to Vegas and someone in his entourage shot and paralyzed a man. Jones is a thug, if he didn't have athletic ability, he would be dead or serving life.

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Who cares if he likes Pacman that doesnt mean he is going to go out and do that kind of stuff there are a lot of players in the NFL that are friends with Pacman that must mean we should stay away from them. if you are friends with pacman it mean you are a bad guy? Pacman has turned his life around since the last time he was in trouble with the law to be honest i wouldnt mind bringing in Pacman as our 4th or 5th CB if he can stay out of trouble with the law. Dez Bryant hasnt been in trouble once with the law and now he is a bad guy give me a F***ing break are you kidding me it would be a huge mistake to pass on him i remember when all the bad rap came out about Randy Moss when he wasnt coming into the NFL and look what he has done is probably the second or third best WR in NFL history.

DKphin
03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Your peers are usually people you have something in common with and your likes and dislikes are similar. To answer your question, yeah, it probably means your a bad guy and you are going to cause turmoil on the team. You are an idiot if you want Pac on this team.

finfan54
03-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Whats that famous line?

You are known by the company you keep

#1dolphinsfan
03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Your peers are usually people you have something in common with and your likes and dislikes are similar. To answer your question, yeah, it probably means your a bad guy and you are going to cause turmoil on the team. You are an idiot if you want Pac on this team.
Ok let me put it this way Most of my friends have been arrested a couple times and are always getting into trouble and i have never been arrested never been in trouble with the law at all never got drunk when i was under 21 and have never in my life have gotten high they have had no effect on me what so ever i do what i think is the right thing to do. this is ridiculous how much people are bashing him for doing nothing wrong OMG he is a friend with pacman jones he must be a bad we can draft someone like that. If anything seeing your friends getting in trouble and arrested makes you want to stay away from that.

Mr_Freezetag
03-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Ok let me put it this way Most of my friends have been arrested a couple times and are always getting into trouble and i have never been arrested never been in trouble with the law at all never got drunk when i was under 21 and have never in my life have gotten high they have had no effect on me what so ever i do what i think is the right thing to do. this is ridiculous how much people are bashing him for doing nothing wrong OMG he is a friend with pacman jones he must be a bad we can draft someone like that.

If there was a thank you button present I would have clicked it.

I'm guessing the original poster has a posse of angels.

Yeah Dez has question marks all over and this might be another one but why take it to that extreme?

flynryan15
03-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Ok how about because he was kicked out of Saddle Brooke Resort here in Tampa, Fl? For those not in the know Saddle Brooke is a exclusive resort that many high profile athletes train at during the off season. Dez was kicked out for being a rude, disrespectful, abussive, DBAG to everyone and everything he came incontact with! Yes! A business whose entire purpose is hospitality and customer service ejected a patron spending thousands of dollars to be there!

Clipse
03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Ok how about because he was kicked out of Saddle Brooke Resort here in Tampa, Fl? For those not in the know Saddle Brooke is a exclusive resort that many high profile athletes train at during the off season. Dez was kicked out for being a rude, disrespectful, abussive, DBAG to everyone and everything he came incontact with! Yes! A business whose entire purpose is hospitality and customer service ejected a patron spending thousands of dollars to be there!
Didn't know about that, too bad I'm not surprised at all. He's as dumb as anyone in the draft. He's a jackass. This guy will be a diva at the next level, been saying that for months.

finfan54
03-31-2010, 07:35 PM
look, bottom line:

parsells and co. dont want marshall, TO, or the other off the field divas so what in gods name makes anyone think they will take this guy? They wont!

I do think this kid has the most talent of all the WR's in this draft but he also lacks discipline. That is easy to see. If you cant see that (i can understand not wanting to admit it), then you dont know what your talking about.

Ross doesnt pay these guys big bucks to waste money on long-term trouble.

GREAT WR's DO NOT MAKE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.

unless your jerry rice but rice worked his *** off!

DolfanDuBbZ~
03-31-2010, 07:58 PM

By your logic, D. Williams and J. Walker are bad guys also. Broad stroking people is abit stupid.:3w:

I'm not big on B. Marshall, but I don't believe either guys above were or are bad guys.

39wildman
03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
first off all how many of you have been late to work, how many of you have been disrespectful at work, this is a 22yr old kid who is good in football. i think this kid is going to be good. fast wr cannot catch avg spd wr are your best and slow wr have best hand

SRM
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM
I think Dez is the ****, and the people you are associated with doesn't always define you, but usually it does. What's Bryant gonna say when Pacman invites him to go to a strip club?

DKphin
03-31-2010, 08:21 PM
By your logic, D. Williams and J. Walker are bad guys also. Broad stroking people is abit stupid.:3w:

I'm not big on B. Marshall, but I don't believe either guys above were or are bad guys.
As I stated, if he is hanging out with Pac, it is a huge red flag and shows terrible judgment.

3rdandinches
03-31-2010, 08:34 PM
I run with gangs, bikers and mobsters but I'm just a family man who loves a good game of bridge or tiddlywinks with warm milk on a Saturday night.

Zandimd
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
i agree with u man this is a major red flag, i was all for dez. Not in all cases but for the most part the people you keep around you defines who you are. Jones punched a stripper in the face, if you are friends with that then i would not want to be friends with you.

jlfin
03-31-2010, 09:03 PM
look, bottom line:

parsells and co. dont want marshall, TO, or the other off the field divas so what in gods name makes anyone think they will take this guy? They wont!

I do think this kid has the most talent of all the WR's in this draft but he also lacks discipline. That is easy to see. If you cant see that (i can understand not wanting to admit it), then you dont know what your talking about.

Ross doesnt pay these guys big bucks to waste money on long-term trouble.

GREAT WR's DO NOT MAKE A CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM.

unless your jerry rice but rice worked his *** off!

Agree with most of your post, but I don't believe he is as talented as some are making him out to be. His speed is average and from what I saw at his workout, his hands were average. His route running is nothing special either.
He hasn't played since 2008 and no one really knows how good a receiver he is going over the middle. Most of his big plays come on sideline routes.
It was pointed out on NFL live that in a game against Georgia (which had a physical secondary) he was held to 3 catches.
I'm sorry, but I just don't see what all excitement is about. On top of that he speaks like an imbecile and doesn't exactly sound like the sharpest tool in the shed.

hooshoops
03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
none of that stuff that you guys are calling average in a workout is average on tape...

none... there's nothing average on tape about him...

Ozfin77
04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
I cant understand how some people cant see this is a guy we need to avoid.

Yes, he looks like a decent player on tape, but seriously, weigh up the risk/reward with the information you have. There are so many other good WR's we dont need to take this risk with, not just in the this draft, but the future.

There are that many signs and red flags that it would turn ugly its not funny.

Everyone knows about the lying after being caught out doing something he shouldnt have been, the lack of responsibilty he shows, his association with shady characters. His workout was ok...Just ok.

I'm not going to go watch tape from 2008 or 2007 to try and make those facts disappear when I've seen it.

Really weigh it up. Is it worth it? Seriously?....I dont think so.

Phin-Phan 66
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
How many red flags does it take to make you scratch your head with this kid and say - is the talent worth the trouble?

Xeticus
04-01-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't want to spend a 1st round pick on someone who hangs out with Deion Sanders, Eugene Parker and Pacman Jones. Sorry. Especially with a FO that hates primadonnas. No way is that going to happen I think.

krosston
04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe they can grade each other's 6th grade english composition papers while packing heat at 2 a.m. at the strip club.

D-bolt
04-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I will not down grade his onfield abilities as he is elite, period! Now I will call into question hisdecision making ability off the field. I can live with the fact he works out with Pacman, but I question his intelligence coming out and defending the guys past actions. whether you like him or not this is one of the dumbest moves thathe could make in public. Talent wise I think he couldbe a top 5 receiverin this league by the end of the year, but if he's hanging out with Pacman he could beout of the league even quicker.

D-bolt
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I can actually picture Pacman nad Dez driving along south beach late one night when the pullover and Dez says this line: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahp8zjSK0X4&feature=related