PDA

View Full Version : bryant vs benn...a breakdown

hooshoops
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wide-receiver-fight-night.html

TedSlimmJr
04-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Didn't I just mention this exact thing needed to be done yesterday?

I agree with everything Wes is trying to say here... and I think Benn could very well be the best NFL WR out of this crop when it's said and done..

..but don't sleep on Andre Roberts either....THE top sleeper in the entire draft IMO...

TrinidadDolfan
04-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Great read. Thanks.............

TXFinFan
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks! I'll take the more talented guy with the superior natural hands in Bryant anyday. I don't like the Bryant = Eric Moulds comparison at all though.

Kdawg954
04-01-2010, 06:12 PM
If we trade up in the second round, I hope its for Benn. We can't just sit back and wait for a guy like this to fall in our laps in round 2 because he won't. Teams know we need a high potential WR, and they will go in front of us to get him (unless we get Dez in round 1).

ghostface95
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
it could be Benn, Bryant, or Mike Williams

I JUST WANT A #1 WR DRAFTED IN THE 2010 NFL DRAFT!!!

oasis
04-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Either Benn or Bryant is ok by me. Williams I'm not sold on to solve our receiver problems - too much of a risk if he's the only #1 type guy we select.

hooshoops
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
If we trade up in the second round, I hope its for Benn. We can't just sit back and wait for a guy like this to fall in our laps in round 2 because he won't. Teams know we need a high potential WR, and they will go in front of us to get him (unless we get Dez in round 1).

yep...i'd say the same thing possibly for an olb if one slips into the mid to late 30's of round 2 and we don't get one at #12... go get the talent

209Mason
04-01-2010, 08:55 PM
I would feel much better getting a top tier LB, DB or (heaven forbid) RB with our 1st pick and nabbing Benn with our second... IMHO that combo would be much better than Bryant and whoever we'd end up with in the 2nd.

Kdawg954
04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I would feel much better getting a top tier LB, DB or (heaven forbid) RB with our 1st pick and nabbing Benn with our second... IMHO that combo would be much better than Bryant and whoever we'd end up with in the 2nd.

Thing is, if Bryant is sitting there at 12 . . . unless Eric Berry is there, I think he is the pick. Just too smooth and too much of a big time playmaker to pass up at 12.

There is TONS of OLB talent in the first couple rounds of this draft. U draft Bryant, u know u are still going to get a solid OLB prospect at 43 (u also still have the option to trade back up for maybe a slipping Earl Thomas . . who knows) . . . u draft Brandon Graham at 12, good chance Benn and Thomas are gone at 43, and u are left with a risky Mike Williams and others, which probably won't solve our WR problem as we have enough young talent but not elite talent at that position.

Ideally, give me Berry and Benn and Worilds . . . but that is in fantasy land.

justdev7
04-04-2010, 02:24 PM
The most important thing that was said in that article is that Bryant has great hands and catches the ball away from his body while Benn lets the ball into his body. Remember who's going to be throwing the ball. Chad Henne throws lasers, letting the ball into your body isn't an option.

jim1
04-04-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wide-receiver-fight-night.html

I've been a Benn fan for quite some time now. Great size, great speed, great yac ability. I'm one of the few who has questioned whether or not he'd be ok as the #12 pick- looking at him from a 2008 perspective as opposed to 2009.

But in terms of comparing him to Bryant, Bryant wins out in terms of

- production
- hands
- explosion

and all three of those are huge. Benn may have run a sub 4.4 and Bryant may be a 4.55 guy. But a 40 time doesn't tell the whole story. Case in point compare Desmond Briscoe and Taylor Price- Briscoe has a slower 40 time but is more explosive imo, and Price is overrated imo.

Dez Bryant is a better WR than Benn, bottom line. You take him beofre you take Benn. And, for the record, I would absolutely love to see Arrelious Benn in a Dolphins uniform.

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't agree that Benn is better after the catch. He's great after the catch - better, I'd say that any of the top '09 WR prospects (with the possible exception of Harvin), but Bryant looks like he's going to score a TD every time he touches the ball. I don't have a count on Bryant's 19 TD's in '08, but a good few can be attributed to his ability after the catch.

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 03:10 AM
yeah i think bryant is plenty good after the catch...i don't see that as a shortcoming in his game at all...

i don't see any shortcomings

insomnia411
04-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Take Graham at 12, package some picks to move back into the first round for Thomas, Benn or Tate.