PDA

View Full Version : DE/OLB Player comparisons

EireTiger
04-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Was looking at some draft material to see if any of the DE/OLB prospects mentioned for the Dolphins 1st pick in this year's draft compared favorably to any current NFL players. In doing so here's who each of the prospects in this year's draft reminded me of.

Derrick Morgan - Matt Roth/Robert Ayers

Jason Pierre-Paul - Willie McGinest

Sergio Kindle - Kamerion Wimbley

Brandon Graham - Lamarr Woodley

Everson Griffen - Chris Long???

Any thoughts? Knowing what we know would you take any of the NFL players used in comparison with the 12th pick?

dr.jake
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
lamarr woodley was a first team all american and drafted 46th. excellent value. brandon graham at 12... not so much.

DOC33
04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Chris Long had a non stop motor coming out of UVA. Griffen hasnt found his motor yet.

EireTiger
04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Agree that Griffen doesn't have a motor like Long but he is a better athlete than Long. Their play looks similar on the edge to me in highlights.

There doesn't seem to be any super elite athletes this year that compare to Ware, Merriman and Orakpo but Pierre-Paul and Kindle are certainly impressive.

Morgan and Graham don't seem to have the athletic ability that would warrant the 12th pick.

normaniii
04-02-2010, 02:36 AM
Agree that Griffen doesn't have a motor like Long but he is a better athlete than Long. Their play looks similar on the edge to me in highlights.

There doesn't seem to be any super elite athletes this year that compare to Ware, Merriman and Orakpo but Pierre-Paul and Kindle are certainly impressive.

Morgan and Graham don't seem to have the athletic ability that would warrant the 12th pick.

Mayock believes Kindle to be a better athlete than Orakpo

EireTiger
04-02-2010, 10:14 AM
They both look a little stiff in their combine workouts but Orakpo had better numbers in every single measurable. Bigger, stronger, faster, better vertical.....more importantly, on the field Orakpo looked more physical.

Would be curious as to what Mayock is specifically referring to.