PDA

View Full Version : florida car rentals please help

kitt23
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
i am going to orlando from may 17-21 and i need to rent a car. i am underage as i am only 22 years old and i am looking for the best rate possible. so far i have seen enterprise the chepeast but i was wondering how other places were like thrifty and dollar they are not popular here on long island thats why i ask. any info would be great thanks

FinFan 13
04-01-2010, 04:35 PM
i am going to orlando from may 17-21 and i need to rent a car. i am underage as i am only 22 years old and i am looking for the best rate possible. so far i have seen enterprise the chepeast but i was wondering how other places were like thrifty and dollar they are not popular here on long island thats why i ask. any info would be great thanks

I could be wrong, it's been 6 years since I moved from SoFlo but I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car in Flo. Has the law changed?

SpurzN703
04-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I could be wrong, it's been 6 years since I moved from SoFlo but I thought you had to be 25 to rent a car in Flo. Has the law changed?

No it's still 25. I believe you can rent a car if you're under 25 if someone else in the car is 25 or older.

kitt23
04-01-2010, 05:27 PM
actually no you can rent a car if your under 25 you just have to pay a underage fee

FinFan 13
04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
No it's still 25. I believe you can rent a car if you're under 25 if someone else in the car is 25 or older.

I thought so. Hey by the way, happy belated B-day.:D

FinFan 13
04-01-2010, 05:39 PM
actually no you can rent a car if your under 25 you just have to pay a underage fee

Oh, OK. You have obviously checked into this, it may have changed. I think Enterprise or Alamo will have the best deals. If you check online, you can probably find a good deal. There are several sites that give good deals on rental cars and hotel packages. That may be your best bet.

Myles Fynch
04-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Enterprise was very helpful over the phone and I was able to get specific prices for different days/weekend combos. The rep would have booked it for me in advance with a CC and not charged me until the day I rented it. I have AAA and there was a discount for members. Ask to be sure, though.

Airport rental companies, IIRC, are more expensive than renting from the same company across town or in the burbs. If you can make it work for you, you can save a few bucks that way.