PDA

View Full Version : American University Erupts Over Date Rape

BAMAPHIN 22
04-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Today begins Sexual Abuse Awareness and Prevention month -- and American University is in an uproar over an anti-feminist diatribe in the student newspaper charging that some women who survive date rape invited it.

"Let's get this straight: any woman who heads to an EI [fraternity] party as an anonymous onlooker, drinks five cups of the jungle juice, and walks back to a boy's room with him is indicating that she wants sex, OK?" columnist Alex Knepper, 20, wrote in the Eagle, the school paper.
"To cry 'date rape' after you sober up the next morning and regret the incident is the equivalent of pulling a gun to someone's head and then later claiming that you didn't ever actually intend to pull the trigger," he said.

The column -- "Dealing With AU's Anti-Sex Brigade" -- sparked a backlash and nearly 300 online comments on the newspaper's Web site, chastising the Eagle for being "open-facedly offensive" and publishing a "slap in the face to so many women, and men, in our generation."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/date-rape-firestorm-erupts-american-university-student-newspaper/story?id=10254150

Bumpus
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Bull****! Alex makes a helluva point.

:bumpus:

GoonBoss
04-02-2010, 03:46 AM
Taking a position of truth and common sense often gets the villagers out of their huts with torches lit.

Vertical Limit
04-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Kind of reminds me of Mike Tyson's case. I know I was young when it happened but I did read about it on his bio.

myke1072
04-02-2010, 07:56 AM
He's right. I was at a party one time where this guy had met a woman. They were both drunk and around plenty of people. She mentioned playing spin the bottle with two guys. I was standing right there when she mentioned it to them. Basically, it was her spinning the bottle to see who she would kiss. So it heats up and turns into going down on her. Which ever guy she spun it on had to do it. Next thing you know, one of them is having sex with her. Afterwards, she began freaking out and accusing that guy of rape. All of it unfolded right in front of everyone. She claimed that she said no but nobody heard her. She never pressed charges on the guy. He said he didn't hear her say no. If she did, it was a pretty silent "no".

In circumstances like this, a woman has invited sexual activity. Both of these two people were rather intoxicated. (The guy who didn't end up getting any was drunk too.) Everyone at the party was pissed because she instigated practically everything. I'm not sure about the actual act, because it began while I was looking in a different direction.

The article needs to be considered more seriously. There are actions which could lead a guy to think sex is desired, regardless of whether it is or not. I'm not sure if she told him "no", but she created a situation that would make any guy think she wanted it.

There was a group of us who watched almost all of it. Yes, we were perverts. If they wanted privacy, they should have went behind closed doors. :)

Oh, and it didn't really last more than a few seconds. Apparently, the guy was excited. LoL.

SpurzN703
04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
There was a group of us who watched almost all of it. Yes, we were perverts. If they wanted privacy, they should have went behind closed doors. :)

Oh, and it didn't really last more than a few seconds. Apparently, the guy was excited. LoL.

Circlejerk brigade? :lol:

Phinstrodamus
04-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right. Women put themselves in bad situations and don't use common sense. Some guys are just classless f losers who would rather date rape some chick than put in effort. What can you do, that society today, isn't it grrrreeeeaaattttt!!!

Vaark
04-02-2010, 09:04 AM
This kid makes a valid point; in fact, if the fornicating couple was BOTH drunk, I wonder if the guy has grounds to make a similar counter-charge of rape against her. I know I'd give it the old college try!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/5p2348-1.jpg

Vaark
04-02-2010, 09:06 AM
Two wrongs don't make a right. Women put themselves in bad situations and don't use common sense. Some guys are just classless f losers who would rather date rape some chick than put in effort. What can you do, that society today, isn't it grrrreeeeaaattttt!!!

BUT what if they both were under the influence? Why should it be the compliant woman who gets the benefit of the next day's doubt?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/08/5p2348-1.jpg

myke1072
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Circlejerk brigade? :lol:Jealous at the time?...Yes. Circlejerk?...No.:tongue2: I was quick to change my mind and be glad it wasn't me once she started making accusations.

StormChaser101
04-02-2010, 01:10 PM
[quote=Vaark;1063393706]
BUT what if they both were under the influence? Why should it be the compliant woman who gets the benefit of the next day's doubt?

Especially if it was multiple guys repleatedly going down.....ack.
*Highlight mental image, right click, delete*

GoonBoss
04-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Look; It's certainly true that no does mean no.

However.........If you are a girl....And you go to a party....Where other people are drinking...And you drink too...And you set the launch cycle into motion by suggesting a sexual game or activity........I don't think "Rape" is the proper charge.

Everyone's perspective is skewed.

Girls don't get a free pass on this.

If you go offering trouble free doggie treats, trouble may take those treats. Don't be mad when the trouble you lured finds you.

myke1072
04-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Exactly Goon. I never heard the girl tell him to stop.....unless a moan counts, but she created a belief of "yes" when she started the spin the bottle and then said "go down on me instead". If she did say no, she did not state it very loud and she made no physical attempt to get away. I think she just suddenly felt like a slut and changed her mind.

Tetragrammaton
04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Some girls I associate with throw around the term rape so much it is ****ing terrifying. It seems to me that they think rape means that it wasn't good so they did not want it in the first place.