PDA

View Full Version : Merged x4: Dolphins meeting with Dez Bryant???? Wow!!

JonnyZ81
04-01-2010, 11:19 PM
http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/4/1/1401574/report-bill-parcells-and-miami

interesting...

BRING HIM TO MIAMI, BILL!!!!!! HE'S THE GUY WE NEED!!!!!

#1dolphinsfan
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Draft him if he is there at 12 please

Abhenne7
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Im all for picking him at twelve. He has some red flags though and we might have other holes to fill but i wouldnt mind picking him up at #12

SR 7
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I'd rather have him and have him bust than someone else bust b/c of inability to play.

at least we tried to go for the TOP WR in the draft..it'll suck but at least we tried unlike past years going for loser bum WR (caught a break with Hartline cuz holmes said the guy would fall down once he caught the ball worse than Ginn).

DzakkH13
04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
If he is there, take him. But I really doubt he will be there. The guy has a lot of talent and someone ahead of us will realize that as well.

bobw999
04-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Hmmm...April Fools?

Anvil35
04-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I still dont see this kid at twelve - he will be long gone IMO - (Cleveland?) I would expect the trifecta to do their "due diligence" with all picks...they know they need an upgrade at the position, for sure, and why not get the top one!!...I still believe they trade down to accumulate picks.

SRM
04-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Hmmm...April Fools?

Not enough meaning to it to be an April Fools joke.

TedSlimmJr
04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
I'd rather have him and have him bust than someone else bust b/c of inability to play.

at least we tried to go for the TOP WR in the draft..it'll suck but at least we tried unlike past years going for loser bum WR (caught a break with Hartline cuz holmes said the guy would fall down once he caught the ball worse than Ginn).

This is an excellent, excellent point....

As many questions as I have about that kid's inability to even think properly as a young man when he's not wearing a helmet and shoulder pads....there's no denying his talent..

There's also no denying that this kid desperately needs someone....a true professional that he can respect, to take him under their wing and SHOW him how think, act, work, and behave like a RESPONSIBLE professional athlete....because he's got a long ways to go in that reguard. He's got a lot of maturing to do between the ears...and Sparano even eluded to that. All these concerns about Dez Bryant aren't fabricated....there's some real underlying issues here...I'm telling you...it's his decision making and thought process when he does stupid things that teams HAVE to consider....nobody wants to hear excuses.

But...unlike most of the WR's Miami has been able to accumulate, this kid doesn't need anyone to show him what to do on gameday (so long as he makes it to the stadium :lol:)....

If we're going to bust....then bust going for the gusto....at least you can't say that you didn't draft the best WR....and a guy that can do exactly what this offense needs. At least you didn't bust because you drafted a pansy 140 pound kick returner...

I really can't argue with this logic....good job... most sense in a post I've seen for Dez Bryant yet...

The only issue is that Miami doesn't have that guy for Dez to look up...the guy that's going to pin his *** up against his locker...look him dead in the eyes and tell him..."This is how you're going to do it son....and I'm going to make you even better than you ever thought you could be"...

FinAtic8480
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Awesome AWESOME Find

SRM
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM

As many questions as I have about that kid's inability to even think properly as a young man when he's not wearing a helmet and shoulder pads....there's no denying his talent..

There's also no denying that this kid desperately needs someone....a true professional that he can respect, to take him under their wing and SHOW him how think, act, work, and behave like a RESPONSIBLE professional athlete....because he's got a long ways to go in that reguard. He's got a lot of maturing to do between the ears...and Sparano even eluded to that. All these concerns about Dez Bryant aren't fabricated....there's some real underlying issues here...I'm telling you...it's his decision making and thought process when he does stupid things that teams HAVE to consider....nobody wants to hear excuses.

But...unlike most of the WR's Miami has been able to accumulate, this kid doesn't need anyone to show him what to do on gameday (so long as he makes it to the stadium :lol:)....

If we're going to bust....then bust going for the gusto....at least you can't say that you didn't draft the best WR....and a guy that can do exactly what this offense needs. At least you didn't bust because you drafted a pansy 140 pound kick returner...

I really can't argue with this logic....good job... most sense in a post I've seen for Dez Bryant yet...

The only issue is that Miami doesn't have that guy for Dez to look up...the guy that's going to pin his *** up against his locker...look him dead in the eyes and tell him..."This is how you're going to do it son....and I'm going to make you even better than you ever thought you could be"...

I'm wondering if we draft Dez, if we'll trade or cut one of our receivers, and fill that role with a vet. But then again, I guess trading or cutting one of them will happen no matter what if Dez is drafted. That would put 6 WR on the roster.

SR 7
04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Rem this team was VERY HIGH on Hicks and Britt...Dez is a Britt and Hicks put together. That makes him a TOP TALENT. Hope he drops somehow...(Britt had attitude Flags as well as Davis...I think both turned out great, don't you?)

TedSlimmJr
04-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Well if you've ever been married....you know that just because someone wasn't a pain in the *** the first year, doesn't mean that anything "turned out great"....

There's still a long ways to go with Vontae Davis...

I think the point is this...simply maturing as a man/professional can remedy a lot of issues...just with time and age...a lot of Dez Bryant's issues seem to be in this category...he has to realize that from here on out...it's up to him...

Nobody is going to babysit him like they did in college...it's time to be a man and go to work now...

COphinphan89
04-02-2010, 12:17 AM
B
U
S
T

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 12:19 AM
This is not good news if you are a Dez Bryant fan. The Trifecta has shown a pattern of not meeting nor having little interest in the guys they draft. This may be more to generate a trade down then anything.

Vaark
04-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Unfortunately, therein lies a problem. You know Neon Moronic Deion will continue to be attached to him as his "mentor," and their agent, Eugene Parker is no picnic to deal with either. With that as a backdrop, I don't think it's too far-fetched to anticipate a Crabtree-redux, i.e. being taken at 12 and holding out to be paid as the top 5-6 talent that he probably is. Of course, as with Crabtree, contentious holdouts and negotiations will ultimately get resolved, but more worrisome IMO, is the continued influence and interference of numbnut Deion who already cost him his NCAA eligibility.

With that said, I'd take the chance on him, but think it's really FO subterfuge to get someone to trade into our position if he's still there at 12

Dogbone34
04-02-2010, 12:29 AM
the timing worked out, with Dez frustrated, the Dolphins step up with an invite.

this is a good move by Miami. Dez could fall to us or he helps push someone else.

TedSlimmJr
04-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Unfortunately, therein lies a problem. You know Neon Moronic Deion will continue to be attached to him as his "mentor," and their agent, Eugene Parker is no picnic to deal with either. With that as a backdrop, I don't think it's too far-fetched to anticipate a Crabtree-redux, i.e. being taken at 12 and holding out to be paid as the top 5-6 talent that he probably is. Of course, as with Crabtree, contentious holdouts and negotiations will ultimately get resolved, but more worrisome IMO, is the continued influence and interference of numbnut Deion who already cost him his NCAA eligibility.

With that said, I'd take the chance on him, but think it's really FO subterfuge to get someone to trade into our position if he's still there at 12

Totally with you on the Deion/Eugene Parker front....which I've brought up in discussing Bryant before..

And that's why I say it's up to HIM now....nobody can tell him who he can and can't befriend....it's up to HIM to surround himself with the right type folks....and it boils down to either he will...or he won't... either he's willing to do that...or he's not...

Anytime you have Deion collarjacking kids...it's rarely beneficial...

**** the football stuff...I know what he can do there....but if I was a team considering him....my "heart to heart" discussion with him would probably only consist of about 5% actual football talk....I'd get down the brass tacks with him from the moment his *** hit the chair..

SRM
04-02-2010, 12:55 AM

I'm not sure a holdout happens this year. With the strong possiblity of there being no football in 2011, I'd have to imagine every single player is going to get out there as much as possible.

TheBow305
04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
I say if we are that concerned with Dez Bryant's character, we just draft Demaryius Thomas at #12. As long as his foot heals up as expected, he's easily as talented as Dez. He may be a little more raw as a route runner than Dez, but can be the big play guy that we need and be a legit #1 in this league.

Bey Bey is a BEAST and he gets my vote at #12!

SRM
04-02-2010, 01:08 AM
I say if we are that concerned with Dez Bryant's character, we just draft Demaryius Thomas at #12. As long as his foot heals up as expected, he's easily as talented as Dez. He may be a little more raw as a route runner than Dez, but can be the big play guy that we need and be a legit #1 in this league.

Bey Bey is a BEAST and he gets my vote at #12!

Ahh.. that would really be reaching. Only way we draft him in the 1st is if we trade back.

Canadi-Phin
04-02-2010, 01:12 AM
This is not good news if you are a Dez Bryant fan. The Trifecta has shown a pattern of not meeting nor having little interest in the guys they draft. This may be more to generate a trade down then anything.

I thought I read from Boomer that we met every single player we picked last year.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-02-2010, 01:24 AM
This guy will come in here and do good right away... DRAFT HIM

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I thought I read from Boomer that we met every single player we picked last year.

Omar Kelly brought out a good point that in 2 years the Trifecta has only met with 2 players. Last year it was Hartline and Turner.

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Dez's agent is a good agent and was not the problem in the Crabtree negotiations last year. It was Crabtree's family, more specifically his cousin, who convinced him he was worth more then where he was drafted.

Mr. Magoo
04-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Dez and Deion are done. Deion even texted someone involved with Dez at Oklahoma state to say he was "through with (Dez)."

As has been pointed out before, the whole thing about Dez having the same agent as Crabtree -- therefore he will act like Crabtree -- is truly the most asine kind of moronic speculation.

No one who makes that accusation can explain why such clients as Larry Fitzgerald, Felix Jones and Hines Ward did not act the way Crabtree did when they got drafted.

Seriously. If you're one of those people, explain that. Or shut up.

SebasMiamiFan
04-02-2010, 01:42 AM
If we get him, I'll be happy.

However, I don't think we should get Dez Bryant. We need a defense and there is a huge glaring hole at FS. I would draft Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 01:45 AM
I have read Jerry Jones is very very high on Dez. I wonder what he would be willing to give up if Dez is their at 12?

tcolli17
04-02-2010, 02:40 AM
I have read Jerry Jones is very very high on Dez. I wonder what he would be willing to give up if Dez is their at 12?
It better be this year's first and 2nd or 3rd and next year's first for us to even consider it.

WISfinfan13
04-02-2010, 02:55 AM

Vaark almost always agree with you. But this time I think your missing something. The underlying issue with the Crabtree situation is that he was the best WR, yet he was the 2nd WR taken. You know, I know it, the Dolphins know and 30 other NFL teams know Crabtree is twice the WR Hayward-Bey will ever be. Now if the Raiders decide to draft Benn, Tate, ect. Than we might have the contractual issues the 9ers faced with Carbtree, but I dont think that is gunna happen.

JCane
04-02-2010, 04:12 AM
*yawn*

Of course they're going to meet with Dez Bryant. He's the best available receiver, he fills a glaring hole in our offense, and there's a good chance he'll be sitting there at 12. Why wouldn't we meet with him? But it doesn't mean he's THE guy. There's a reason they met with Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, etc. This is normal protocal.

FinAtic8480
04-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant said he enjoyed his Wednesday evening visit with Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones.

Bryant, who is projected as the first wide receiver to get drafted, might not be around when the Cowboys select at 27. However Jones has over 50 draft day trades druing his time as owner.

Could the Cowboys be moving up?

“To be honest, I really don’t know,” Bryant said Thursday night from South Florida, where he was visiting the Miami Dolphins. “I think they’re interested in me a lot. I think Miami is too.”

http://www.hogcountryonline.com/?p=2407

Dez STFU, and stop trying to drive your stock up. We need you to be there at 12, dammit!

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 04:20 AM
There's a reason they met with Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, etc. This is normal protocal.
Not with this regime.

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 04:21 AM
It better be this year's first and 2nd or 3rd and next year's first for us to even consider it.

I'd be more interested in swapping firsts and getting Miles Austin.

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 04:24 AM
http://www.hogcountryonline.com/?p=2407

Dez STFU, and stop trying to drive your stock up. We need you to be there at 12, dammit!

Actually this could really help if he is there at 12. I really don't see him going before that, but no one outside the War Room really knows come draft day.

FinAtic8480
04-02-2010, 04:28 AM
The one thing I do know is IF the Dolphins, which have the No. 12 pick and a need for a player of his caliber, didn’t sit down and talk to Bryant it’s highly unlikely he’d be on the team’s draft board. The Dolphins DON’T talk to plenty of players they draft ( quarterback Pat White for instance). But they usually sit down with those who have character or injury concerns.

That’s why it’s at least comforting to know Bryant did sit down with the Miami Dolphins this week because it means they need to know more, are doing what coach Tony Sparano calls their “due diligence,” and at least view Bryant as an option to enhance this lackluster receiving corp.

I think it’s funny that Thursday morning I tweeted that team czar Bill Parcells and offensive coordinator Dan Henning, the main individuals who loathe the “diva receivas,” should sit down with Bryant and have a chat. Coincidentally those talks were in the works.

I’m told Bryant’s a good young man who has never had a foundation because of his unstable upbringing.

In October of 2008, Bryant’s high school coach told the New York Times, “I’ve taken him to probably six or seven different places he called home. It wasn’t an ideal family situation. He went from trailer to trailer and house to house.”

I wouldn’t wish Bryant’s upbringing on my worst enemy, which proves he’s a fighter because he survived that nightmare.

His situation makes me wonder if a home, a football family, a team, a foundation, a mentor is all this talented young receiver needs?

And is this trying draft experience what the doctor ordered? Will it serve as a wake up call, helping him realize that playtime is over, and the NFL’s all about business?

I’m pretty sure those questions where at the core of the Dolphins’ meetings with Bryant, whose ability could clearly help this team.

The bigger question is: can his makeup pollute it?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/04/dez-bryants-working-on-wooing-the-dolphins.html

Clipse
04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Great news. This means chances are, they will NOT draft Dez Bryant. Good to hear.

Mcganiel
04-02-2010, 08:44 AM
You guys really think that the dolphins won't pick him because they had him come in for visit. He is the best reciever in the draft and has a strong chance to fall to us and we have a huge whole to fill in the wr position. You would be stupid not to have this kid come in for an interview. This is a long term investment not a 3rd round pick. WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO FAIL ON THESE FIRST ROUND PICKS ANYMORE. Dez Bryant is the real deal and I would be fine taking him at number 13. But to those who say he will not be picked because he came for vistit are just plain stupid.

Danny
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM
I still believe he's the top playmaker in the draft and if he's there we should take him.Henne neeeds a go to guy like him.I hope we get him and I hope we get Pitta also and then everything else should be defence on draft day.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny
04-02-2010, 09:24 AM
You guys really think that the dolphins won't pick him because they had him come in for visit. He is the best reciever in the draft and has a strong chance to fall to us and we have a huge whole to fill in the wr position. You would be stupid not to have this kid come in for an interview. This is a long term investment not a 3rd round pick. WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO FAIL ON THESE FIRST ROUND PICKS ANYMORE. Dez Bryant is the real deal and I would be fine taking him at number 13. But to those who say he will not be picked because he came for vistit are just plain stupid.

we have NOT failed with our first round picks since the Tuna's been here.....we've taken Long and Davis.....how is that failing?.....2nd round picks is another story tho.White was a horrible pick, Merling the jury's still out and Henne was a good pick imo.

Ozzy rules!!

NYinBostonFin
04-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Eric Berry most likely won't be there....

I want Dez.

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Confirmed by Sun Sentinel:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dez-bryant-visits-dolphins-0402-20100401-8,0,3693661.story?track=rss

He has a meeting with Parcells scheduled for Friday. Last season, the Dolphins sat down with Patrick Turner (http://www.finheaven.com/topic/sports/football/patrick-turner-PESPT0000008649.topic) and Brian Hartline (http://www.finheaven.com/topic/sports/football/brian-hartline-PESPT0000008650.topic) in a similar setting before selecting those two receivers in the 2009 draft.

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but if this happens, it would be my favorite draft pick in a long, long time.

SQuinn17
04-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but if this happens, it would be my favorite draft pick in a long, long time.
Got that right TX. I can't see us doing it,but even the thought of us considering it makes me happy. We need this guy bad!

erralyn
04-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Ddin't see this anywhere else so I thought I'd post, as reported by the Sun Sentinel.

Here's the link:
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dez-bryant-visits-dolphins-0402-20100401,0,3295969.story

NYinBostonFin
04-02-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm happy to hear this, and I do want Dez, but at the end of the day this means absolutely nothing.

dolfan_101
04-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Good read.. I hope this isn't just smoke.

Phinfan99
04-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Im not against drafting Dez Bryant one bit, but i think he needs to grow up and change his attitude and be a team player and stop listing to Deon " Prime Time" Sanders.

Myles Fynch
04-02-2010, 11:33 AM
He wouldn't be the first person we ever drafted that needed an attitude adjustment. If we take him, I hope he gets one ASAP.

That said, I wouldn't mind going defense at #12 and saving the headache.

napsndreds
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
great news! thanks for posting

napsndreds
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm happy to hear this, and I do want Dez, but at the end of the day this means absolutely nothing.

i do think it means their interested in seeing him...why waste time meeting with players if they're not interested. The dolphins dont owe him anything..

napsndreds
04-02-2010, 11:39 AM
if we can get dez...or spiller...i wouldnt mind drafting no other offensive player and just go defense form thereafter... our offense isnt as bad as we think it is..we just need one receiver like dez..

state06
04-02-2010, 11:42 AM
the espn draft analyst, adam Schefter(sp?) just confirmed the meeting and said that 12 is more that likely the first spot dez could be drafted. it is looking as if he will be there for us if we want him.

Wishfishin
04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
If he is there at 12, trade down!

NYinBostonFin
04-02-2010, 11:47 AM
i do think it means their interested in seeing him...why waste time meeting with players if they're not interested. The dolphins dont owe him anything..

Listen, I'm hopeful....but I don't trust the FO when they are looking to lean one way. They don't like to show their hand at all.

ckparrothead
04-02-2010, 11:48 AM
To me it doesn't make Miami more likely to draft Dez. I think it shows that the Dolphins do have some questions about his character, probably especially after he didn't seem to run hard all the way through his Pro Day drills and also kept losing his footing. Most of the stuff floating out there about Dez is hocum, and a simple investigation would show that. It all boils down to a consistent view among people close to Dez that he's immature, maybe even forgetful, but very good natured. The Dolphins could accept that, even without having this sitdown, if they had it on good authority from coaches they trust, that he would play ball. But I think the Pro Day did raise questions and so now those need to be answered and that's not necessarily a good thing.

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Brandon Graham
4. C.J. Spiller

RyanWallace321
04-02-2010, 12:00 PM
this move means nothing

flynryan15
04-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Smoke and Mirrors!

dolphan98
04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
To me it doesn't make Miami more likely to draft Dez. I think it shows that the Dolphins do have some questions about his character, probably especially after he didn't seem to run hard all the way through his Pro Day drills and also kept losing his footing. Most of the stuff floating out there about Dez is hocum, and a simple investigation would show that. It all boils down to a consistent view among people close to Dez that he's immature, maybe even forgetful, but very good natured. The Dolphins could accept that, even without having this sitdown, if they had it on good authority from coaches they trust, that he would play ball. But I think the Pro Day did raise questions and so now those need to be answered and that's not necessarily a good thing.

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Brandon Graham
4. C.J. Spiller

Agree with you on the pro day and on the draft board. I'm not a huge fan of picking Spiller at 12 however.

SuperMarksBros.
04-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I would hope he is there at #12 for the possibility of the pie-in-the-sky chance that dallas trades up with us, getting us austin.

Phinfan99
04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
IDK if Bryant will last past pick #7 of the Browns after they completed a trade with the Eagels today that brought CB Sheldon Brown to the Browns.

Mcganiel
04-02-2010, 12:13 PM
we have NOT failed with our first round picks since the Tuna's been here.....we've taken Long and Davis.....how is that failing?.....2nd round picks is another story tho.White was a horrible pick, Merling the jury's still out and Henne was a good pick imo.

Ozzy rules!! WHERE DID I SAY TUNA? Here's our last nine picks I believe FOR THE DOLPHINS. Carey he is ok, Ginn sucks, Brown who knows if he will ever stay healthy, Green never made it out of preseason, Avery BUST, Fletcher BUST, Allen BUST. Long is money in the bank and Davis looks like the real deal. 4 out of 9 SUCKS FOR THE DOLPHINS FIRST ROUND PICKS.

SRM
04-02-2010, 12:20 PM
IDK if Bryant will last past pick #7 of the Browns after they completed a trade with the Eagels today that brought CB Sheldon Brown to the Browns.

Actually, I think that trade just solidified Berry being a Brown, unfortunately. It was going to be either Haden or Berry, and they just got their CB.

Phinfan99
04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Actually, I think that trade just solidified Berry being a Brown, unfortunately. It was going to be either Haden or Berry, and they just got their CB.

They do need a #1 WR too.

dagger151
04-02-2010, 12:25 PM
smoke screen to prompt a team like Dallas to trade up for him. How about this scenario, trade Ronnie Brown for Shawne Merriman, then trade #12 to Dallas along with a 5th rounder for their #27 pick and Marion Barber.

TheBow305
04-02-2010, 12:47 PM

I'd do it in second for their 1st this year, their 1st next year and a 2nd or 3rd this year as well.

TheBow305
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
I'd be more interested in swapping firsts and getting Miles Austin.

That would be awesome too! But I REALLY don't think the Boys would be that interested to give us their first round pick AND #1 receiver for an unproven Dez Bryant.

SRM
04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
They do need a #1 WR too.

Didn't they just get Robiskie for that though?

(I don't know how he played last season so that may not matter)

j-off-her-doll
04-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Strictly speaking of the football player, Dez is about as can't miss as a WR prospect comes. He's big, strong, physical, ridiculously quick, explosive, does the little things, and he's the perfect example of a player who plays faster than he times.

I think his character issues are overblown. I think that if he went to a team like the Raiders, his immaturity might show up, but I think he's very willing to take direction, and Miami has a great locker room.

I think he's much more akin to V. Davis than Pacman Jones. And, if he's there at #12, I believe Ireland pulls the trigger. The only caveat: how high are we on E. Thomas? I don't think both Bryant and Berry fall to #12. There's a chance that one of them will, but very little chance that both fall. I think the drop off from E. Thomas to N. Allen is about equal to the drop off from D. Bryant to A. Benn and D. Thomas. Big drop offs in both cases. As much as I love E. Thomas (and I do . . . a lot), I think D. Bryant the player is more of a "can't miss" (of course, no one is really a can't miss) as a player than E. Thomas.

JT-forpresident
04-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I'm not saying we're doomed, or that he's the best WR we've ever seen, but IMO he's the best WR prospect the fins have had a legitimate shot at drafting in the last 3 years ... and you never know when an opportunity like that will happen.

I understand that next years' draft might be a bountyful harvest of WRs (depending on who declares) , but you can't think with that mentality IMO, because then if you don't land one next year, you'll be waiting for 2012 to come around, etc. etc.

That's the bottom line IMO ... we need WRs, there's potential for a true #1 that might be staring at us at #12 and i don't see how we can pass on him if available, given the need, the talent, the direction this league is taking right now, etc. ...

Spiller is also a great pick at 12 IMO ... in a bryant/spiller scenario i think spiller gets the nod with this regime, but i'm not sure which decision would be the best...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/dez-bryant-ticks-off-over-criticism-273372-3.html

you just don't read that french canadian crap i guess :rolleyes:

TedSlimmJr
04-03-2010, 01:53 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/dez-bryant-ticks-off-over-criticism-273372-3.html

you just don't read that french canadian crap i guess :rolleyes:

No..you're saying that Miami CAN'T pass him up.....which I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory...

I can sift through that French Canadian crap pretty good..

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
Great news. This means chances are, they will NOT draft Dez Bryant. Good to hear.

Im glad your not in the front office!!! Why wouldnt you want Dez? Is it because these little problems he has that can be fixed? Are you one of these people that think Dez has so many problems and is a bad person? C'mon man quit hating on Dez!!!

Pinkboy
04-03-2010, 02:42 PM
interesting that Miami called Dez's agent to set up a meeting as soon as they found out Dez was meeting with Dallas.

This front office is funny.

twix2500
04-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Can we all put that dumb theory away that Parcell dont like drafting recievers. We are interested in Dez, if his talent is worth and he available at 12 we will draft him.