PDA

View Full Version : Joe Haden/A.Davis - possible trade down

normaniii
04-02-2010, 06:31 AM
If Joe Haden/Anthony Davis drops to 12, which is a real possibility, I think there may be numerous trade partners who would want to get ahead of San Fran who are likely to pick 1 of the 2. The drop off in quality after these 2 IMO is significant enough to want to trade up.

Possibe scenarios:-

Joe Haden

Texans - 1st & 2nd and our 6. Teey are desperate for cover corner, especially in same division as Peyton and they just lost Dunta Robinson.

Baltimore Ravens - 1st 2nd & 3rd. Very unlikely unless Ozzie thinks Haden will be special and he has always been aggressive going after players he likes.

Anthony Davis

Seattle - their 1st & 4th as they are desperate for a tackle.

Green Bay - 1st & 2nd possibly 5th. Again unlikely in my mind as Ted Thompson usually keeps his picks. I also believe Charles Brown will be there at 23 and is a better fit.

IMO the Texans would be a great shout. Picking at 20 would still allow us to pick 1 of JPP/Graham/Kindle.

dolphinsbshaw72
04-02-2010, 07:48 AM
if any of those trades happend i would be very happy.. this draft is deep and getting more picks would only help us that much more.. go fins

normaniii
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
if any of those trades happend i would be very happy.. this draft is deep and getting more picks would only help us that much more.. go fins

I agree. I also think if your looking for a cover corner Haden is worth going after.

jlfin
04-02-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm beginning to think that the FO would like to trade down and acquire an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick. I don't think they are particularly sold on any one player which has been mocked to them. They are one of the biggest wildcards in this draft.
Once you get past the top 5-8, I don't think there is much difference in talent between 9-22. For instance, Morgan is considered a higher rated player than Graham, but I don't think there is that much difference other than height. Yet Morgan has been considered a top 10 pick and Graham 18-25. Is Kindle really better as a 3-4 OLB than Hughes? I don't believe so.
However, I would wait until we are on the clock and not make a trade before the draft because we don't know yet what other scenarios will play out. They may have certain potential deals in place with a couple of teams leading up to the draft depending on which direction the draft goes.

rrrrphin
04-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Bryant is an interesting wild card. He's the most talented receiver in the draft. Many people don't believe Ireland/Parcalls will go WR. We may have to draft him and to prove ourselves. Bryant is someone i believe people will trade up for, but no one believes we will take him.

It would piss a lot of people off, but we could then trade down and pick up additional selections.

MadDog 88
04-02-2010, 10:12 AM
I think Bryant is an interesting wild card. He's the most talented receiver in the draft. Many people don't believe Ireland/Parcalls will go WR. We may have to draft him and to prove ourselves. Bryant is someone i believe people will trade up for, but no one believes we will take him.

It would piss a lot of people off, but we could then trade down and pick up additional selections.Teams like Dallas can't afford for him to fall past the Dolphins because of the more than likely possibility he'll get drafted by the Seahawks, who reportedly have Dez high on their list.

j-off-her-doll
04-02-2010, 11:50 AM
We're getting raped in your trade scenario with the Texans. We're moving down eight spots, and we only get their 2nd - while giving away our 6th? Not good value.

You're talking about potentially passing on players like D. Bryant, C. Spiller, E. Thomas, and maybe even E. Berry. I'd love to trade down - assuming these players are off the board (think at least two of them are there), but I'd still want more.

C-HUCKS
04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
The wildcard could be Jimmy Clausen if he is at the available 12th spot. It seems teams are willing to give up more draft picks for a chance to draft a potential franchise QB.

Paper Tigers
04-02-2010, 01:03 PM

It would piss a lot of people off, but we could then trade down and pick up additional selections.

Screw trading down. If Dez Bryant somehow falls to us, we should run as fast as we can to give out 12 cards...one to the commissioner showing Bryant as our selection and 11 thank you cards to the teams who didn't draft him ahead of us.