PDA

View Full Version : My Dolphins draft board

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Instead of a mock, I thought I'd try something a little different. So, here's my 1st round Dolphins draft value board for pick #12. (I only included players that might be available, and that we might be interested in.)

1) Eric Berry
2) Dez Bryant
3) CJ Spiller
4) Earl Thomas
5) Brandon Graham
6) Jermaine Gresham (I'm aware that this is a slight reach.)

I have to admit that I'll be really pissed if we stay at 12, and pick someone that is not on this list.

HawkDolphan
04-02-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd be happy with any of those picks.

Curious to know if you think Hughes the OLB from TCU is also worthy of a pick that high. Other folks seem to think so. He seems to have the measurables, the burst and speed needed, plus he was very productive at TCU. Is there a weakness somewhere?

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I'd be happy with any of those picks.

Curious to know if you think Hughes the OLB from TCU is also worthy of a pick that high. Other folks seem to think so. He seems to have the measurables, the burst and speed needed, plus he was very productive at TCU. Is there a weakness somewhere?

I think Hughes has value in the later half of the 1st round. He is an excellent pass rusher despite not having a big array of moves, but from what I've seen, he is very weak against the run and can get swallowed up by blockers. He is decent in coverage, but can be too agressive sometimes.

He should be able to start out somewhere in a Cameron Wake type role and be productive, but I'm not sure he can grow into a very good all around OLB.

JCfinfan
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Instead of a mock, I thought I'd try something a little different. So, here's my 1st round Dolphins draft value board for pick #12. (I only included players that might be available, and that we might be interested in.)

1) Eric Berry--Agree
2) Dez Bryant--Still have reservations
3) CJ Spiller--Agree
4) Earl Thomas--Agree
5) Brandon Graham--Agree
6) Jermaine Gresham (I'm aware that this is a slight reach.)--I'd kill myself

I have to admit that I'll be really pissed if we stay at 12, and pick someone that is not on this list.

I'd be happy with any of the above I agree with. I love the potential ability of Dez, I just have some reservations. I personally do not want williams at 12 but think there is a possibility we draft him.

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd be happy with any of the above I agree with. I love the potential ability of Dez, I just have some reservations. I personally do not want williams at 12 but think there is a possibility we draft him.

Thanks for the input. Why the extreme reaction to Gresham?

JCfinfan
04-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Not that I dislike him as a player. If we drafted him in the 2nd i'd be estatic. My reaction was based on picking him at 12 and IMO having greater needs to pick a TE there.

Overall, I think you narrowed it down. I honestly think we will draft 1 of the players on your big board. As mentioned, Williams may be on the trifecta's big board so we may have to prepare ourself for that pick.

Phishpunk@WCU
04-02-2010, 12:11 PM

We have no FS, no OLB outside of Cameron Wake, no #1 WR, no NT for the first 8 games and a TE in the first round?

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 12:19 PM
We have no FS, no OLB outside of Cameron Wake, no #1 WR, no NT for the first 8 games and a TE in the first round?

Point taken, but on my board we only take Gresham if the 5 guys ahead of him are already gone. Unlikely though, I know.

JCfinfan
04-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Point taken, but on my board we only take Gresham if the 5 guys ahead of him are already gone. Unlikely though, I know.

One of our guys will be available at 12. That does not concern me.

TXFinFan
04-02-2010, 02:05 PM
One of our guys will be available at 12. That does not concern me.

I agree. I feel pretty confident we will grab one of my top 5 guys. I hope we get Berry or Dez though.

Danny
04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I think Kindle like it or not could be in our FO's board as well....no way we take a TE at 12 and I hope we don't take a NT at 12 either.....the pick should be Bryant if he's there and if he's not it should be OLB or Thomas.

Ozzy rules!!

j-off-her-doll
04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I'd go:

E. Berry
D. Bryant/E. Thomas (neck and neck)
Spiller (but, I don't think the FO has him this high)
B. Graham
J. Hughes
Odrick
Morgan

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2010, 03:30 AM
Gresham is somewhat high, but other than that I can't disagree with you. Well done.