PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dolphins and Cowboys talking trade for 12th pick

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 03:11 AM
A Miami Dolphins source asked me today if I had heard anything about the Dallas Cowboys talking with the Miami Dolphins about a possible draft-day trade that would move the Cowboys up to the No. 12 spot in the NFL draft. The source said he had heard it from someone with inside information on the Dolphins.

The Dolphins showed interest Marion Barber two years ago, when the Dolphins picked up nearly every single former Cowboys player. Bill Parcells loves the guy and so does the Dolphins head coach. Barber may not be worth a No 12 pick for the Dolphins, so Iíve also heard they have interest in Patrick Crayton. Now, all of these scenarios are plausible, because if Crayton is gone, the Cowboys very well may be going after Dez Bryant.

http://thelandryhat.com/2010/04/02/rumor-cowboys-may-move-up-in-draft-to-pick-12-with-marion-barber/

It has begun.

DzakkH13
04-03-2010, 03:13 AM
I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up and extra pick and/or player. Earl Thomas should still be there later in the 1st and he would be my suggestion for who to select at that position.

This obviously means Jerry Jones wants Dez Bryant badly and hoepfully we can use that as leverage to fudge a great deal for us.

SR 7
04-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Crayton? SERIOUSLY? WOW this FO is getting worse and worse of late.
I'd give up our 1st, for their 2nd and Austin.

OR our 1st, for their 1st and Bennett (te) and 5th.

Dolfan3773
04-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Please throw in Roy Williams....:)

burger13
04-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Crayton? SERIOUSLY? WOW this FO is getting worse and worse of late.I'd give up our 1st, for their 2nd and Austin.

OR our 1st, for their 1st and Bennett (te) and 5th.

WOW....some internet hack posts a baseless rumor and it is affecting your opinion on our FO?

and with those deals.....are you at least gonna buy them a drink before you **** them?

JC
04-03-2010, 03:21 AM
I don't think we would look at Marion Barber just yet. If we sent them our #1 pick and picked up Crayton I would assume we would get their second or third round pick in return, or a logical combination of mid round picks. I could definitely live with using Crayton as our starter for this season next to Hartline.

Elliott 1
04-03-2010, 03:22 AM
This doesn't even qualify as a rumor. The website is a joke and what is proposed is preposterous.

Garbage.

209Mason
04-03-2010, 03:26 AM
I love how the rumor lists Berry as a possibility at #12...
If we think for a second he's there at 12, there's no way we're moving back....

And if by some fluke we traded down ...and then Dallas (or whoever) landed Berry at #12... I may have to stab myself with a spoon.

foozool13
04-03-2010, 03:30 AM
The only reason I would trade the #12 pick is for thier 1st and 2nd (maybe 1st and 3rd), but not for any player on thier roster. And I'd rather draft D. Bryant then trade for Crayton. Trading for Barber!!! Ludicrous. Ya that's exactly what we need. Another injury prone RB.

elite14eva
04-03-2010, 03:55 AM
trash.

enduro
04-03-2010, 03:55 AM
I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up and extra pick and/or player. Earl Thomas should still be there later in the 1st and he would be my suggestion for who to select at that position.

This obviously means Jerry Jones wants Dez Bryant badly and hoepfully we can use that as leverage to fudge a great deal for us.

cowgirls need a left tackle bad!!!! i was thinking they would need to trade up to replace flozell. i think a deal is already in place since they already cut flozell

finintheburgh
04-03-2010, 04:03 AM
wasnt there just athread where we were talking trade with dallas for austin? maybe this is part of that.

Mr. Magoo
04-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Any trade would almost have to include Miles Austin.

Our first and Ted Ginn for Austin would be an acceptable trade to me.

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 04:07 AM
wasnt there just athread where we were talking trade with dallas for austin? maybe this is part of that.

Excellent point, This is the time of year you take into account everything you read & hear. Alot of people gave hell to the guy who posted the Smiley rumor, only two read the next day on every paper in South Florida Smiley was on the block. I clearly stated it as a rumor, and it might not be legit, but we don't know that.

phinfan40353
04-03-2010, 04:12 AM
cowgirls need a left tackle bad!!!! i was thinking they would need to trade up to replace flozell. i think a deal is already in place since they already cut flozell

This makes more sense to me than anything.

Why would they have cut Flozell without having a replacement plan in place? Regardless how many penalties he gets a game, a team that is pushing to get back to the NFC Championship or Superbowl doesn't remove a LT without a plan.

Considering Romo IS the franchise, it simply doesn't make sense to leave the most important player's blind side unprotected.

Also, I think some of these moves we are seeing is the result of teams taking every chance to dump overpaid players in the uncapped year.

Looking at their WR corp for a sec, it would make more sense to me if they were to trade Roy Williams (overpaid). Austin and Crayton can hold their own. And if you're preparing to make Austin THE guy, it only makes sense you could move Williams out to clear the way for salary and team chemistry purposes.

I could foresee their 1st, Williams and another pick to get our 1st.

Mr_Freezetag
04-03-2010, 04:31 AM
This makes more sense to me than anything.

Why would they have cut Flozell without having a replacement plan in place? Regardless how many penalties he gets a game, a team that is pushing to get back to the NFC Championship or Superbowl doesn't remove a LT without a plan.

Considering Romo IS the franchise, it simply doesn't make sense to leave the most important player's blind side unprotected.

Also, I think some of these moves we are seeing is the result of teams taking every chance to dump overpaid players in the uncapped year.

Looking at their WR corp for a sec, it would make more sense to me if they were to trade Roy Williams (overpaid). Austin and Crayton can hold their own. And if you're preparing to make Austin THE guy, it only makes sense you could move Williams out to clear the way for salary and team chemistry purposes.

I could foresee their 1st, Williams and another pick to get our 1st.

I know ur not saying that u approve of that trade, and that is just what u could see happening but I hope to God we don't get Williams.

Only way I'm ok with that is if we give them our 1st and we get their 1st, 2nd, AND Williams - which would never happen.

datruth55
04-03-2010, 04:41 AM
That's a Cowboy site and in typical form they're over-valuing all their players. I wouldn't trade back from 12 to 27 for Patrick Crayton and Marion Barber...shoot you can throw in Martellus Bennett and I still wouldn't make the deal.

Now if they wanted to part with DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten or Miles Austin I'd be fine with that.

Phin-Phan 66
04-03-2010, 04:43 AM
I'm for a trade down with Dallas if Austin is involved.

ncmedic5
04-03-2010, 04:50 AM
O.k guys, let me set this record straight as the information on The Landry Hat is from me.

First of all, whoever said that TLH is a hack site, you don't know what your talking about, they are one of the best Dallas blogs on the internet and the writer is a former sports writer who has covered both the NFL and the MLB.

Now, as for the "rumor". I am the writer for Phinphanatic.com and earlier today I spoke with a friend of mine who knows someone with the Cowboys. He and I were talking and I asked if he heard anything. Here is what I know from him:

The Cowboys have been tossing around internally the possibility of moving up in the draft and he told me that Miami was mentioned as a possible partner. This would be contingent on one of the top safeties falling to the 12 spot (Ken Hamlin had not been released yet).

My first question was if compensation was mentioned and he said not specifically but someone said it would be costly and that someone else said "yes it would". Jerry Jones was in the room at the time.

I asked him if anyone said anything else and in regards to "costly" and he said this:

he wouldn't elaborate but he said that it could be something like a swap of ones, their 1st next year and/or a player and/or a 4th or a 5th and a player. Wouldn't speculate on the player any more than to say "the Phins obviously need a WR." I have ZERO more on the subject from him.

This same guy told me 2 months prior to the trade for Anthony Fasano that the Phins and Boyz' were talking about it and I even made reference to it on my radio show "On the Fin Side". He told me then that Parcells really wanted Fasano.

As for the comments by Dan at TLH regarding Crayton...even I can't imagine Miles Austin being involved however, on my site today I did reference this but not as a rumor but more speculation than anything else and I said that with Austin not having talks with Dallas thus far, maybe he would be the possibility.

Dan is speaking strictly on speculation surrounding what I told him. Nothing more. He did not claim that it was a legit rumor or anything else. You can read what I wrote here: http://phinphanatic.com/2010/04/02/dolphins-safety-issue-close-to-over/

I also Emailed all of the Dolphins Website Webmasters with the information and told them to take it completely with a grain of salt because a lot of things need to happen for that to happen.

ncmedic5
04-03-2010, 04:53 AM
Oh and for the record, as far as what he told me goes...I would think more of the swap of 1's, a pick next year, a 4th or 5th this year and a player...like maybe Crayton or one of the other depth players. I do not think Miles or Williams would be involved and I don't think that Crayton alone would lessen the pick compensation.

Also, remember that this is not something that has been discussed with the Dolphins as far as I know. He told me that they were simply "Discussing" ideas. So it's a fly on the wall thing. NO Mention of the Dolphins being talked to.

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 05:31 AM
No I don't crayton if we aregoing to trade down that many spots we better be getting this years first this years second and next years first.

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 05:36 AM
This is the time of the year for rumors. So take everything you hear with a grain of salt.
With that said, there are whispers going around that the Dolphins (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/MIA) and Cowboys (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/DAL) might be talking about a potential trade involving each team's first round picks.
The reason I'm even mentioning these rumors that are starting to swirl is because I'm hearing two different versions from a couple of different sources. With that said, the sources I'm hearing these things from are not "bad" sources. And they don't make things up. The question then becomes if their connections are feeding these guys good information or intentionally supplying "misinformation."
Version one of these trade whispers came about even before the Cowboys released safety Ken Hamlin (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2305/Ken_Hamlin) - which is why this rumor is not hard to believe. Essentially, this first rumor has to do with the Dolphins and Cowboys swapping first round picks in this year's draft (picks 12 and 27 respectively) - with the Cowboys eying up a safety (possibly Texas safety Earl Thomas). Like I said, this one seems believable only because whispers of this potential trade started making the rounds prior to word getting out that Dallas was releasing Ken Hamlin.
The compensation the Dolphins would receive to drop from pick 12 to pick 27 is not clear.
Version two of the Dolphins/Cowboys trade rumor involves both first round picks as well as Cowboys running back Marion Barber (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3387/Marion_Barber). This version seems to be a bit more far-fetched - with the whisper being a swap of the two first round picks and the Dolphins acquiring the Dallas running back.
But again - both rumors are unsubstantiated at this time. With that said, though, I find it hard to doubt that there has at least been some kind of discussion between the Dolphins and the Cowboys. And I say this for two reasons. One - the obvious pipeline that exits between Dallas and Miami stemming from Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland, and Tony Sparano. And two - there are two different rumors now floating around. And I've heard these whispers now from four completely different sources.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2010/4/2/1402973/whispers-of-possible-dolphins

Now the rumor begins to grow legs. Guys believe everything you hear and don't believe nothing. This is month is poker month in the NFL and everything should be taken into account.

flynryan15
04-03-2010, 07:32 AM
If we swap first for Barber we got punked! They want to move up in the first then we need to grab their 2nd and a 5th. Only because the worth wile players like Ware, Whitten, Austin etc are not possible and a injury prone RB, that isn't even a every down back does nothing for our needs!

SR 7
04-03-2010, 07:35 AM
If we swap first for Barber we got punked! They want to move up in the first then we need to grab their 2nd and a 5th. Only because the worth wile players like Ware, Whitten, Austin etc are not possible and a injury prone RB, that isn't even a every down back does nothing for our needs!

exactly. Unless its for Bennett and their 1st an an extra pick or Austin and their 2nd than this is a BS move.

We lose 15 spots, a couple top notch players for a lame RB that has no game breaking speed so does nothing for our "chunk yards"

SRM
04-03-2010, 07:39 AM
exactly. Unless its for Bennett and their 1st an an extra pick or Austin and their 2nd than this is a BS move.

We lose 15 spots, a couple top notch players for a lame RB that has no game breaking speed so does nothing for our "chunk yards"

Yeah really. I like Barber, but we don't really need him. We have three guys that run downhill and knock your teeth out.

JFoxx
04-03-2010, 08:02 AM
All rumors at this point. I have no doubt there have been or continue to be possible trade talks with Dallas and perhaps other teams. JJ seems pretty excited about possibly getting a talent like Dez and I'm sure if our FO is smart, we'll make it worth our while to consider it. Players in this trade would be small in consideration with the picks I assume we'd get. I'm sure they don't even know for sure who or what would be included, but as we get closer, if the interest in Dez goes up, so does our costs!!
:)

TheBow305
04-03-2010, 08:24 AM
I'd take their 1st, next year's first, Martellus Bennett and a 5th rounder for the #12 pick. Seems reasonable, although I'd prefer Miles Austin straight up.

If we get two first rounders for next year we are GOLD. Next year's draft will be LOADED with talent. That would be an excellent move.

This also allows us to upgrade our TE position with some young talent to push Fasano for the starting job. Bennett is a fresh athletically and would be a GREAT redzone target for Henne.

And lastly, we could use that #27 pick to still get the big, physical #1 receiver we need in Demaryius Thomas who should still be available. Or we could get the pass rush help with someone like Everson Griffen. Maybe even an outside shot Earl Thomas slides on draft day, then we get a guy we could possibly have taken at 12. Works for me!

ckparrothead
04-03-2010, 08:26 AM
So basically the Cowboys are thinking about trading up, realize it would be costly, and are considering approaching the Dolphins about it.

That's some interesting news. But everyone should keep in mind the interest is originating from the Cowboys, not the Dolphins.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I agree we do have enough downhill RB but I like Barber alot and I would love him but we dont know we may be dealing Ronnie right now. I hope not he is my favorite player but I can see it happening.
If we trade Ronnie for a 1st
Then Trade Smiley for a 4th
Trade Thigpen and Cam for a 3rd
Trade are 1st to Dallas for Marion Barber, 1st, 3rd

Draft
1. Ryan Mathews RB
1. Demaryius Thomas WR
2. Nate Allen FS
3. Thaddeus Gibson OLB
3. Jason Worilds OLB
3. Jimmy Graham TE
4. Linval Joseph NT/Jeff Owens NT
4. Mike Williams WR

flynryan15
04-03-2010, 09:03 AM
No body is giving us a firt for Ronnie Brown. He has broken 1000 yards once and barely. Injured almost every year and followed up Lisnfrac(sp) Surgery with a DUI. The only players we have on our roster that generate a first our Long and Dansby and they aren't going anywhere!

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
No body is giving us a firt for Ronnie Brown. He has broken 1000 yards once and barely. Injured almost every year and followed up Lisnfrac(sp) Surgery with a DUI. The only players we have on our roster that generate a first our Long and Dansby and they aren't going anywhere!

Then if we dont get a first for him I would hate to trade him. I go first or you dont get him. When he is healthy he is a top 5 back.

flynryan15
04-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Then if we dont get a first for him I would hate to trade him. I go first or you dont get him. When he is healthy he is a top 5 back.

He isn't healthy it is what it is! He is worth more to us this yr then the 3rd round pick he will bring. Giving a first round pick for a RB with ACL Surgery and Lisfranc(sp) Surgery would be like paying sticker price for a car that was wreck on a test drive.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:16 AM
3rd round!!! I know we can get more!!!

twix2500
04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Im sure the phins have plenty of offers at the 12th pick. Its all going to depend on who is available. It all the players are gone that we fill is worth the 12th pick and we can get another players that we want a couple of picks back I can see us making swap with another team. The scenario has to be right, its not someone we want to do. If Dez is there at 12 I dont see no way in hell we trading the pick.

ROADRUNNER
04-03-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd take their 1st, next year's first, Martellus Bennett and a 5th rounder for the #12 pick. Seems reasonable, although I'd prefer Miles Austin straight up.

If we get two first rounders for next year we are GOLD. Next year's draft will be LOADED with talent. That would be an excellent move.

This also allows us to upgrade our TE position with some young talent to push Fasano for the starting job. Bennett is a fresh athletically and would be a GREAT redzone target for Henne.

And lastly, we could use that #27 pick to still get the big, physical #1 receiver we need in Demaryius Thomas who should still be available. Or we could get the pass rush help with someone like Everson Griffen. Maybe even an outside shot Earl Thomas slides on draft day, then we get a guy we could possibly have taken at 12. Works for me!

I like it, but i dont think Earl Thomas will last that long, so im going no....................but if we can get someone to bite between 13-20 im all for a trade down.

fannypack
04-03-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm a Cowboys fan and there seems to be a rumor about us swapping first round picks. Any of you guys heard anything about it?

This is the time of the year for rumors. So take everything you hear with a grain of salt.

With that said, there are whispers going around that the Dolphins and Cowboys might be talking about a potential trade involving each team's first round picks.

The reason I'm even mentioning these rumors that are starting to swirl is because I'm hearing two different versions from a couple of different sources. With that said, the sources I'm hearing these things from are not "bad" sources. And they don't make things up. The question then becomes if their connections are feeding these guys good information or intentionally supplying "misinformation."

Version one of these trade whispers came about even before the Cowboys released safety Ken Hamlin - which is why this rumor is not hard to believe. Essentially, this first rumor has to do with the Dolphins and Cowboys swapping first round picks in this year's draft (picks 12 and 27 respectively) - with the Cowboys eying up a safety (possibly Texas safety Earl Thomas). Like I said, this one seems believable only because whispers of this potential trade started making the rounds prior to word getting out that Dallas was releasing Ken Hamlin.

The compensation the Dolphins would receive to drop from pick 12 to pick 27 is not clear.

Version two of the Dolphins/Cowboys trade rumor involves both first round picks as well as Cowboys running back Marion Barber. This version seems to be a bit more far-fetched - with the whisper being a swap of the two first round picks and the Dolphins acquiring the Dallas running back.

But again - both rumors are unsubstantiated at this time. With that said, though, I find it hard to doubt that there has at least been some kind of discussion between the Dolphins and the Cowboys. And I say this for two reasons. One - the obvious pipeline that exits between Dallas and Miami stemming from Bill Parcells, Jeff Ireland, and Tony Sparano. And two - there are two different rumors now floating around. And I've heard these whispers now from four completely different sources.

Just read this over on Yahoo, from the Dolphins' version of Vela's Blogging the Boys:

I have no idea as to how good this guy is, or how reliable his unnamed sources are (though he seems to think they're credible), I'm just reporting what he wrote... I agree with him that the first scenario makes more sense, simply because I don't think that Barber at this stage of his career would offer Parcells enough value to move down from 12 to 27... but if the Tuna was willing to bite on that bait, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat... I love the Barberian, but the pounding he's received early in his career does seem to have taken its toll on him... I don't know if we'll ever see the same player who gained nearly 1000 yards in part time duty again... of course, that would make another RB a likelihood in the draft (Ben Tate, anyone??)...

I have to say that if the compensation wasn't too much, adding an Earl Thomas to the defensive backfield would be a huge upgrade over Ken Hamlin... the thought of ET and Sensabaugh patrolling the deep secondary (and I think the release of Hamlin makes it far more likely that Gerald will be back) makes feel all warm and fuzzy...

Thoughts??

JCfinfan
04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
The trade with Barber is not happening. I think he is due to make 8 million this year. Foolish rumor anyway.

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
The rumor has been going on for atlest two weeks, at first it was said we want Miles Austin. We'll see what happens.

flynryan15
04-03-2010, 07:37 PM
The rumor has been going on for atlest two weeks, at first it was said we want Miles Austin. We'll see what happens.

If we are giving up only a 1st for Austin then maybe, but anymore then that and we are at a disadvantage because we have way bigger needs that must be filled with a high pick like the 3rd Dallas will want. I love Austin as a player, but parting with a 1st and 3rd hurts the Dolphins to much.

mmikel30
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM
That's a Cowboy site and in typical form they're over-valuing all their players. I wouldn't trade back from 12 to 27 for Patrick Crayton and Marion Barber...shoot you can throw in Martellus Bennett and I still wouldn't make the deal.

Now if they wanted to part with DeMarcus Ware, Jason Witten or Miles Austin I'd be fine with that.I would trade down for marion barber Martelus Bennett and a 5th great deal.

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
If the trade goes down just remember how we raped the cowboys in the last trade. Jones has been known for giving up a lot for a players he wants.

Vaark
04-03-2010, 07:59 PM
IMO, I may be doing our options a disservice by oversimplifying the proposition, but if Bryant is available at 12 and we want a game-changing WR and FS, if we make a trade that exchanges our pick for their 27th, it damn well better include Austin since Earl Thomas won't last til the later part of the 1st round. Getting more picks for hole-filling or depth should be important to us but not at the expense of passing on a potential franchise player such as Dez or Earl. To me, a trade that doesn't assure us getting one of those 3 is not worth making.

FinAtic8480
04-03-2010, 08:05 PM
IMO, I may be doing our options a disservice by oversimplifying the proposition, but if Bryant is available at 12 and we want a game-changing WR and FS, if we make a trade that exchanges our pick for their 27th, it damn well better include Austin since Earl Thomas won't last til the later part of the 1st round. Getting more picks for hole-filling or depth should be important to us but not at the expense of passing on a potential franchise player such as Dez or Earl. To me, a trade that doesn't assure us getting one of those 3 is not worth making.

Arrelius Benn, Golden Tate & Demaryrius Thomas could be there at 27. Nate Allen a safety the Fins coached at the Senior Bowl can also be there, one of the better ones in this draft.

ROADRUNNER
04-03-2010, 08:08 PM

thats what im talking about, if they want our #12 they beter give up a lot..................

redclamcrowder
04-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I would trade down for marion barber Martelus Bennett and a 5th great deal.

The only way I say no to this idea for sure is if Dez Bryant is still on the board when Miami picks. If he's gone (and no surprise players like Berry fell to our spot) then I think your suggested trade would be a decent one.

However....

That leaves the question of what to do with Brown and/or Williams? Adding a back like Barber III is just adding another clone of the HBs we already have in place. Outside of Sheets, we don't have a runner that fits the 'change of pace back' mold and is a fast/agile slasher. Barber is like Brown/Williams/Hilliard etc in that he is a powerful back that runs through people rather than around them. If Miami made a trade like the one you suggested, they would HAVE to do something with at least one of our running backs (Ronnie for a late 1st/early 2nd round pick?). If they just added Barber and didn't do anything with the other RBs, then this would be a bad trade.

On the plus side, adding a player like M. Bennett would give us a 'stretch the field' pass-catching TE we've needed since David Martin got injured. The loss of Martin last year was noticeable and he would have been a welcomed element to the offense. Getting a guy like Bennett who is still young and has a lot of potential would be a good move.

The 5th rounder would make up for the loss of ours to KC (Thigpen trade). Maybe we could milk Dallas for more...:d-day:

flynryan15
04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I would trade down for marion barber Martelus Bennett and a 5th great deal.

Plz tell me this trade down thought involves swapping first?!?!? Because there is no way a injury prone RB who is not a every down back and a back up TE are worth the 12th pick!

redclamcrowder
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Plz tell me this trade down thought involves swapping first?!?!? Because there is no way a injury prone RB who is not a every down back and a back up TE are worth the 12th pick!

Good point flyn... when I made my response to that post, I was immediately under the assumption we'd get their first rounder too. If that proposed trade doesn't include 1st round swaps, then I say:domoblow:(that's a fun way of implying no thanks lol)

cobbs321
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
this trade would have to be our 1st for Barber, their 1st, and their 2nd. Our fo is too smart to make Barber for our 1st.
Hopefully

bert
04-04-2010, 03:11 AM
we will not take barber.we trade back for there 2nd,plus next years 1st or 2nd.then we trade are mid 1st round pick for branden marshall.

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 03:29 AM
Redzone.org is reporting the rumor of Cowboys and Dolphins talking draft day trade? http://tinyurl.com/yab2r9b (http://tinyurl.com/yab2r9b)

Guys the rumor was first brought up by Dave Hyde. Where there is smoke there is fire and it appears the Fins have found a partner to move on down.

dFinsRule
04-04-2010, 04:06 AM
Just found this article like they say where there's smoke there's fire! http://www.examiner.com/x-850-Dallas-Cowboys-Examiner~y2010m4d2-Are-Cowboys-and-Dolphins-discussing-draft-day-trades (http://www.examiner.com/x-850-Dallas-Cowboys-Examiner%7Ey2010m4d2-Are-Cowboys-and-Dolphins-discussing-draft-day-trades)

callaway1234
04-04-2010, 04:16 AM
This article or something similar from another not-reliable-source was posted a few days ago. It's nothing but speculation/bs until someone with credibility says it.

Roman529
04-04-2010, 04:17 AM
I would rather have Austin Miles then Marion Barber. I like Barber on short yardage plays but we have Cobbs who already fills that role.

X-Pacolypse
04-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Dallas had better be willing to sell the farm to move up to #12.

enduro
04-04-2010, 04:37 AM
Redzone.org is reporting the rumor of Cowboys and Dolphins talking draft day trade? http://tinyurl.com/yab2r9b (http://tinyurl.com/yab2r9b)

Guys the rumor was first brought up by Dave Hyde. Where there is smoke there is fire and it appears the Fins have found a partner to move on down.

if we swap out with dallas we would then be in position to draft t cody at nt like i said weeks earlier and still grab a wr in round 2

X-Pacolypse
04-04-2010, 04:42 AM
Dallas has six draft picks.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-by-round-input/dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:dal

How many would it take for you to pull the trigger in order for Dallas to move up to 12?

cowboy82nd
04-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Please throw in Roy Williams....:)

That's a joke right?!!!!!!

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2010, 04:47 AM
Some of you are selling us way short in a trade down scenario. Moving that many spots gets you A LOT. I hope we are discussing this, because, in return, we'll get A LOT. J. Jones is known for overpaying for his inklings. If they want to overpay us, awesome. Otherwise, it's not going to happen. We're not going to trade down out of boredom.

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 04:57 AM
. J. Jones is known for overpaying for his inklings. If they want to overpay us, awesome. Otherwise, it's not going to happen. We're not going to trade down out of boredom.

Excellent point. I think their first, second or third and a fifth or sixth would get it done.

X-Pacolypse
04-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Excellent point. I think their first, second or third and a fifth or sixth would get it done.

Dallas doesn't have a fifth, so it would probably have to be another sixth round pick.

hooshoops
i wouldn't even consider it unless we get their 27 a 1 next year in another high caliber talent draft a player this year and not some bs like patrick crayton and a mid level pick this year...

and if eric berry was on the table at pick #12 i'd tell them straight up to pound sand...

as for people i would target in a trade down to #27 my eyes would be on jerry hughes first and foremost...if brandon graham is in consideration at pick #12 as a wolb fit for us there is ABSOLUTELY no reason that jerry hughes shouldn't be on our board as well...and hughes is poetry in motion in lb drills and as fluid in his cod and lateral movements plus awareness as any player in this draft...plus a premier pass rusher...no one trick pony...

the 2nd guy for me i think would be arrelius benn...i just love this kid and i think his value is headed north...

names like nate allen i wouldn't even have in consideration at #27...i call that reaching to fill a need that high...

Joey23
I would take their first plus Barber if we trade Ronnie away for a second if not then Bennet/Crayton/Williams/Carpenter plus their second rounder this year or their first next plus their 5th.

That would mean:

for

#59/Next years first
One out of Barber/Bennet/Crayton/Williams/Carpenter
Dallas 6th.

Or if they've lost faith in securing Austin then I would take:

for

Miles Austin.

Either would be awesome.

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 05:11 AM
This is not Madden, guys. This is the NFL.

hooshoops
04-04-2010, 05:18 AM
This is not Madden, guys. This is the NFL.

what does that mean???

i'm not talking some bs offer to move down 15 spots in round 1 so that the cowboys can get a premium talent...

they either come correct or don't come at all...

Mr. Magoo
04-04-2010, 05:22 AM
Wonder if they'd be willing to part with Anthony Spencer.

Probably not, but he'd be immensely useful to our team right about now.

hooshoops
04-04-2010, 05:26 AM
Wonder if they'd be willing to part with Anthony Spencer.

Probably not, but he'd be immensely useful to our team right about now.

don't see a chance of that...guy was finally really stepping up at the end of last season...

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2010, 05:28 AM
what does that mean???

i'm not talking some bs offer to move down 15 spots in round 1 so that the cowboys can get a premium talent...

they either come correct or don't come at all...

That's what I was getting at.

We're talking Miles of their 1st next season - for moving down that far.

hooshoops
04-04-2010, 05:32 AM
That's what I was getting at.

We're talking Miles of their 1st next season - for moving down that far.

their first next year isn't enough...not to me...it's likely in the late 20's again...

27 their first next year a player that's young but a backup (aka a fasano type...or a guy who fills a need short term) and a mid say 5th round pick this year...

we have the leverage here...if they want to come get a premium talent be my guest...but PAY UP

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2010, 05:51 AM
their first next year isn't enough...not to me...it's likely in the late 20's again...

27 their first next year a player that's young but a backup (aka a fasano type...or a guy who fills a need short term) and a mid say 5th round pick this year...

we have the leverage here...if they want to come get a premium talent be my guest...but PAY UP

Meant as a starting point - bit distracted watching basketball. But, if the trade just deals with draft picks, I think we're talking swapping 1st's, getting their 1st next season, and a 2nd - or a 3rd and 5th. But yeah, a lot. I'm still hoping we can get Austin out of the deal.

jim1
04-04-2010, 05:53 AM
i wouldn't even consider it unless we get their 27 a 1 next year in another high caliber talent draft a player this year and not some bs like patrick crayton and a mid level pick this year...

and if eric berry was on the table at pick #12 i'd tell them straight up to pound sand...

as for people i would target in a trade down to #27 my eyes would be on jerry hughes first and foremost...if brandon graham is in consideration at pick #12 as a wolb fit for us there is ABSOLUTELY no reason that jerry hughes shouldn't be on our board as well...and hughes is poetry in motion in lb drills and as fluid in his cod and lateral movements plus awareness as any player in this draft...plus a premier pass rusher...no one trick pony...

the 2nd guy for me i think would be arrelius benn...i just love this kid and i think his value is headed north...

names like nate allen i wouldn't even have in consideration at #27...i call that reaching to fill a need that high...

Agreed on Benn.

hooshoops
04-04-2010, 05:56 AM
what do they have thats depth that we would want??? they just cut their starting left tackle (who's about done anyways...can't handle speed anymore) and their open wound at free safety so they have holes to fill at both those positions...

i really doubt they'd part with bennett but if he was the player i think i'd be ok with that...but he's a headcase also...

i mean what have they got that they can afford to lose and we'd want and more importantly would fill a need???

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Guys this is the 12th pick we are talking about, not the first overall pick. I dont see us optaining their first next year. They can send a player, but I just dont see Jerry parting with his first next year.

hooshoops
04-04-2010, 06:06 AM
teams give up ones the following year all the time to get 2nd round picks...this is a top 12 pick...i'd say that to move down 15 spots in round 1 their first next year would be the starting point...

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 06:19 AM
We'll see, I think The Trifecta would rather have one of their old players instead of a pick next year that will do us no good this year. Dave Hyde rumor of Austin to Miami might not be that far fetched.

ChadHennington7
04-04-2010, 06:32 AM
We'll see, I think The Trifecta would rather have one of their old players instead of a pick next year that will do us no good this year. Dave Hyde rumor of Austin to Miami might not be that far fetched.

That trade or their 1st next year, which I can't see. I can see swapping 1st and 3rds and Austin coming here, but its still very unlikely:pray:

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Austin to Miami would be priceless, I love the fire that guy plays with.

NICK_ERA
04-04-2010, 07:44 AM
ID GIVE UP #12 FOR> (AUSTIN AND A 2nd AND 5th THIS YEAR) AND A 2nd NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!! NOW TO ME THIS SEEMS MORE REALISTIC TO ME!!! I MEAN COME ON THE DUDE IS TENDERED WITH A 1st AND 3rd!!!!!!! HES GOTTA HAVE SOME VALUE TO THE COWPU**YS...........HE WOULD REALLY FIT GOOD WITH OUR TEAM TO! IM HOPING SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!!!!!

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 07:52 AM
These Rumors of Dallas and Miami started weeks ago, and they had Miles name attached to them. The original source on the subject spoke on this thread and said no names have been attached, but can you imagine a block buster trade where we end up with Miles. This site would explode, it would be down for a month,lol

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-04-2010, 08:15 AM
These Rumors of Dallas and Miami started weeks ago, and they had Miles name attached to them. The original source on the subject spoke on this thread and said no names have been attached, but can you imagine a block buster trade where we end up with Miles. This site would explode, it would be down for a month,lol

It already is exploding and its just a rumors

NICK_ERA
04-04-2010, 08:17 AM
YEAH THAT WOULD BE NICE!!! AUSTIN IS JUST WHAT HENNE. NEEDS TO GET THIS OFFENSE GOING!! I ALREADY STARTED GETTING BUTTERFLY'S JUST THINKING ABOUT IF BERRY DROP TO THAT SPOT!!!! THERES NO WAY IN THE WORLD, WE TRADING THE PICK!!! JUST THINK, DAVIS. SMITH. BELL. BERRY. OUR DEFENSIVE BACKS ARE SET FOR YEARS AND YEARS TO COME!!!!!!! :hump:

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 08:18 AM
April 22nd cannot get here soon enough, Im going to the doctor on monday just to get prescription for XANAX until the 22nd.

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
YEAH THAT WOULD BE NICE!!! AUSTIN IS JUST WHAT HENNE. NEEDS TO GET THIS OFFENSE GOING!! I ALREADY STARTED GETTING BUTTERFLY'S JUST THINKING ABOUT IF BERRY DROP TO THAT SPOT!!!! THERES NO WAY IN THE WORLD, WE TRADING THE PICK!!! JUST THINK, DAVIS. SMITH. BELL. BERRY. OUR DEFENSIVE BACKS ARE SET FOR YEARS AND YEARS TO COME!!!!!!! :hump:

Browns just aquired Sheldon Brown, meaning no Haden. Everyone has them going for Berry.

dagger151
04-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Theres no way Berry lasts to #12. That would be sweet though!

NICK_ERA
04-04-2010, 08:33 AM
If We Keep The Pick!!!!!!!!! Im Still Gonna Keep On Praying!!! Trust Me The Top, Ten Picks Don't Ever Turn Out The Way We Think!!! As Long As The Raiders Are Picking In The Top Ten!! Anything Can Happen!!! So I Guess Till Al Davis Dies The Top Ten!! Is Unpredictable!!!!!!!!! Lol,

VManis
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
If Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas are still on the board and Dallas calls to offer Miles Austin for the 12th pick do you make the trade?

dagger151
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
If Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas are still on the board and Dallas calls to offer Miles Austin for the 12th pick do you make the trade?

No way we do that unless its Miles AND their 27 pick. Dez is going to be great but if we can get value, i say do the trade.

ROADRUNNER
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM

nooooooooooooooooooo,Earl Thomas all the way,
we need a FS more than a WR with our #12...........IMO

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
We have all taken turns at giving our opinions on the possible Miami & Dallas trade, but what do the guys who do this for a living think. Well, SI's Peter King was asked about the possible trade between the Fins and Cowboys and here is what he said:

SI_PeterKing (http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing) RT @DALNYK (http://twitter.com/DALNYK): Any truth to Dal swap with miami 27 for 12, throw in barber ... Makes sense with all Mia RBs in last yr of contracts.

The Fins are gonna be seeing themselves in a real uncomfartable situatuin next year with Ronnie, Ricky & Cobbs all hitting Free Agency. One has to think the Fins are gonna try to get something out of one these guys before losing them for nothing, especially Ronnie. The runningback position is something to keep an eye on in this upcoming trade, even if the trade does not go down.

j-off-her-doll
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
We have all taken turns at giving our opinions on the possible Miami & Dallas trade, but what do the guys who do this for a living think. Well, SI's Peter King was asked about the possible trade between the Fins and Cowboys and here is what he said:

The Fins are gonna be seeing themselves in a real uncomfartable situatuin next year with Ronnie, Ricky & Cobbs all hitting Free Agency. One has to think the Fins are gonna try to get something out of one these guys before losing them for nothing, especially Ronnie. The runningback position is something to keep an eye on in this upcoming trade, even if the trade does not go down.

I can see Barber as a piece in the deal, but he won't be the key piece. He'd have to be a sneaky-afterthought piece. To drop 15 spots, you're talking about throwing in Austin or their 1st next year and some other goodies. I doubt they're parting with Austin, though.