PDA

View Full Version : It's either Dez or...............?

dolfin530
04-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Dez Bryant is the best Wr in this draft and will have an immediate impact. So if we don't get him than what do we do? If there was a free agent out there we would of got him already and we are not trading our #1 pick for a Wr. So it's either Dez or our Wrs we have now. So I really believe he will interview just good enough and the FO will pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 05:34 AM
If dez is there he is our pick if not then either Sean weatherspoon or Earl Thomas will be our pick it will be one of those three players IMO

SRM
04-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Earl Thomas. Kind of hard to figure out who has more of a chance being drafted, assuming they're both there.

ET (Whoever gets him, expect the fans to call him that if he's a stud. ET; the safety out of this world!) doesn't carry all these "red flags" with him, he's a ballhawk, and he'll get his nose in the run game. However, he's undersized, and not on the physical level of guys his size, like Reed, Sanders, etc.

Dez fits the "prototype" but does all have this extra baggage swirling around him. And he's not really as smart as the FO may look for.

Kind of seems like one negates the other. One isn't the prototype, but is everything else ,and the other IS the prototype, but carries the risk on the mental side.

ChadHennington7
04-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Earl Thomas or Graham. We need a solid defense

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:54 AM
If Dez is there then... It's either Dez or Problems!!!

505PhinFan
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Its gotta be Dez or Bust. I don't want another year of guys cryin on this board that Ginn dropped the ball. How Quickly people forget about last season.

hemidemon
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Dez Bryant is the best Wr in this draft and will have an immediate impact. So if we don't get him than what do we do? If there was a free agent out there we would of got him already and we are not trading our #1 pick for a Wr. So it's either Dez or our Wrs we have now. So I really believe he will interview just good enough and the FO will pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like some serious wishful thinking on your part.

twix2500
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
If its not dez then its going to be an outside linebacker, Pierre or Morgan.

qmar
04-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Earl Thomas. Kind of hard to figure out who has more of a chance being drafted, assuming they're both there.

ET (Whoever gets him, expect the fans to call him that if he's a stud. ET; the safety out of this world!) doesn't carry all these "red flags" with him, he's a ballhawk, and he'll get his nose in the run game. However, he's undersized, and not on the physical level of guys his size, like Reed, Sanders, etc.

Dez fits the "prototype" but does all have this extra baggage swirling around him. And he's not really as smart as the FO may look for.

Kind of seems like one negates the other. One isn't the prototype, but is everything else ,and the other IS the prototype, but carries the risk on the mental side.

Honestly, I think this is the exact reason why we will NOT draft Dez Bryant. It would be one thing if this guy was not all that bright, but had all the tools in the world with no red flags. This guy has red flags and isn't too bright, so that combination will give the FO hesitation and to be honest I don't blame them. Maybe Benn, Tate, or Thomas fall to us in the 2nd round.

Ultimately, I would like to see us trade back to the late teens. Maybe ET falls, or we just take one of the OLB's. Dan Williams would probably be gone shortly after 12.

twix2500
04-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I think this is the exact reason why we will NOT draft Dez Bryant. It would be one thing if this guy was not all that bright, but had all the tools in the world with no red flags. This guy has red flags and isn't too bright, so that combination will give the FO hesitation and to be honest I don't blame them. Maybe Benn, Tate, or Thomas fall to us in the 2nd round.

Ultimately, I would like to see us trade back to the late teens. Maybe ET falls, or we just take one of the OLB's. Dan Williams would probably be gone shortly after 12.

He doesnt have all kinds of red flags. I dont call not telling the NCAA that he is friends with Deon or he was late to some meetings as a freshman or forgetting his shoes as someone with a whole lot of problems or red flags at all. It just says he is human, I can guarantee that you made bigger mistakes in your life. Like getting too drunk and slept with an ugly woman Or getting into a fight. I think a lot of you make a big deal out of his mistakes just because you know he made mistakes. Do you know every rule at your job and how many rules do you brake at work? Does that make you a bad employee? Every company I worked for, everyone had made a mistake or done something against company policy. Put it in perspective, stop being so anal and irrational.

Phin-Phan 66
04-03-2010, 05:44 PM
I think it will be Graham and Mike Williams in the later rounds. We are really in a no lose situation. At 12 we will get a great player that can help this team.

eric1317
04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
I find it hard to believe that the NCAA suspended Dez for being friends with Deon. I believe he lied to investigators.
It seems that a lot of Dez's best buds frequent this site. I personally don't know the guy but when I turn on the TV all I hear about is his charactor issues. Maybe everyone is being nit picky about this guy or maybe teams are trying to sabotage his stock, but to say that a guy that got suspended for 10 games for what ever reason doesn't have any red flags seems a little delusional to me.

insomnia411
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM
If we pass on Dez Bryant at 12 then the likelihood of seriously addressing our need at WR is lessened greatly.
I'll put it like this. I think that Brian Hartline is an ideal #2, Bess is an ideal #3, and Ginn can provide us with a deep threat/reverse every here and there. We need a #1 type all around receiver. If we pass on Dez at 12, we would have to trade back into the lower half of the first round to get Thomas, Benn or Tate in order to seriously address our need. If we don't get one of those 4 guys, our shot at getting a potential #1 in this draft IMO is gone. There is no use in bringing in more #2 or slot type receivers, we already have plenty of those guys.
I wish that the FO would pull the trigger on one of those guys, but hey, wish in one hand and **** in the other see which one fills up first. ugh.

dolfin530
04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
If we pass on Dez Bryant at 12 then the likelihood of seriously addressing our need at WR is lessened greatly.
I'll put it like this. I think that Brian Hartline is an ideal #2, Bess is an ideal #3, and Ginn can provide us with a deep threat/reverse every here and there. We need a #1 type all around receiver. If we pass on Dez at 12, we would have to trade back into the lower half of the first round to get Thomas, Benn or Tate in order to seriously address our need. If we don't get one of those 4 guys, our shot at getting a potential #1 in this draft IMO is gone. There is no use in bringing in more #2 or slot type receivers, we already have plenty of those guys.
I wish that the FO would pull the trigger on one of those guys, but hey, wish in one hand and **** in the other see which one fills up first. ugh.
That is exactly how I feel. We have the right guys for 2 and on down we just need are #1!

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2010, 10:42 PM
It's either Dez or Earl Thomas.

Zounds
04-03-2010, 11:04 PM
I'd go with Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, Rolando McClain (bye bye Crowder), or Derrick Morgan. I also wouldnt mind trading down and getting Demaryius Thomas, Jermaine Gresham, or Ryan Mathews.

dolphinsbshaw72
04-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I find it hard to believe that the NCAA suspended Dez for being friends with Deon. I believe he lied to investigators.
It seems that a lot of Dez's best buds frequent this site. I personally don't know the guy but when I turn on the TV all I hear about is his charactor issues. Maybe everyone is being nit picky about this guy or maybe teams are trying to sabotage his stock, but to say that a guy that got suspended for 10 games for what ever reason doesn't have any red flags seems a little delusional to me.

Vontae had red flags coming out. And it looks like he is going to be just fine. Bryant didn't hurt anyone and he's not a criminal. He made a bad choice like we all have in the past. S h i t happens! He payed for what he did and people just need to move on. If the front office picks him then so be it. I trust them and think they will know the risks and will do what is best for the team. So who ever they pick i will be happy with. But if its not Bryant! Im thinking its Earl Thomas! But you never know in the draft. :ponder: