PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant Issues?

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
This is for all you people that hate on Dez. Yes he has a few problems but they are small and I am not worried about them. I found this article and wanted to share it with yall, its very old but a real good article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/sports/ncaafootball/25okstate.html?pagewanted=print

I feel very bad for this guy and how his life was when he was growing up. I dont know if you noticed this though most kids that have all these problems in there life usually get into trouble especially when parents stay getting into trouble. This guy has never been in trouble with the law and thats supprising which is a very big positive for me. Also look at his school and learning, He was in special classes his 9th grade year and worked hard and got out of them. Then Also people said he would never get a good enough ACT scores to get into college. Then I also liked how he turned down a six flags trip when he was little to play football.

Now for all you people that keep finding ways to dislike Dez I hope you this Article will help you realize.

SimplytheBess
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Good Article.....Ive been on the Dez bandwagon from the getgo.....lets put this guy in a FINS jersey already!

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I already know if Dolphins do draft Dez then all the people that were bagging on Dez will be all over his jock...

SRM
04-03-2010, 09:40 AM
It's always nice to see people rise out of those kinds of situations, and not just fall back and become a product of all of it. Wherever he ends up being drafted, I'm glad he's getting his oppurtunity, and his family will finally have some good money.

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I want Dez in Miami bad

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I want Dez in Miami bad

Im the same way if he is there we take him, only way we dont is if we get a real good offer to trade down...

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't want to miss out on Dez so unless we are offered next years first as well I don't want to trade down

MadDog 88
04-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't think anyone can question his work ethic. The more I am learning about him the more I like him. I hope that Ireland does not follow Parcells history of avoiding WRs in the first.

seltzer37
04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I think Dez will be the Fins Pick. FS you can get in the Second or Third Rounds LB you can get Later also NT as thing. But Rec their is a drop off from 1st to 2nd Rounds so thats why I think Dez will be the pick, we can get the others in the next rounds.

finfan54
04-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I already know if Dolphins do draft Dez then all the people that were bagging on Dez will be all over his jock...

No, we'll just understand that these things come into fruition once the guy makes millions and then wants millions more. When their natural instincts are to slack because you know your great, thats when trouble starts.

No one doubts his talent. If we take him, I wont be pissed. I will just understand what we have long term.

Safeties only come around once in a while. WR there are 1 0r 2 every year.

finfan54
04-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't think anyone can question his work ethic. The more I am learning about him the more I like him. I hope that Ireland does not follow Parcells history of avoiding WRs in the first.

they already have.

skipp2myloo13
04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Dez may not be the biggest need, but he will by far be the best value at 12. If he is there-it is irresponsible not to take him.

mmikel30
04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
That guy is a really good receiver .....but he seems like he doesn't have much to work with upstairs.

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 08:33 PM
That guy is a really good receiver .....but he seems like he doesn't have much to work with upstairs.
what does he really need upstairs its not like he is a QB or a RB or a LB or anything where he really has to think as long as he knows what route he is supposed to run he will be fine in the NFL

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 08:39 PM
they already have.

Thats what I dont get is why people will question his work ethic? He has came out and said Freshman year he did miss a few meetings but coaches knew but has never missed a practice. He came out and said it himself and I doubt that is a lie because you know Coaches will go to the coach and ask if its true.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
No, we'll just understand that these things come into fruition once the guy makes millions and then wants millions more. When their natural instincts are to slack because you know your great, thats when trouble starts.

No one doubts his talent. If we take him, I wont be pissed. I will just understand what we have long term.

Safeties only come around once in a while. WR there are 1 0r 2 every year.

Yeah but this year Draft there is alot of safties that I think can do well. I think we can pick up a solid saftey in the 3rd. Of course we will be passing on Earl Thomas but I believe if Dez is there at 12 he will be the best available player and at the same time is one of our needs.
I think we will trade for a extra 4th, If we didnt I like this draft.

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Jerry Hughes OLB/Nate Allen FS
3. Reshad Jones FS/Thaddeus Gibson OLB
4. Linval Joseph/Jeff Owens NT

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
what does he really need upstairs its not like he is a QB or a RB or a LB or anything where he really has to think as long as he knows what route he is supposed to run he will be fine in the NFL

Agree if he knows his routes he will be fine

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2010, 10:32 PM
As long as he is willing to go to work, and have the right attitude he is OK by me.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-04-2010, 05:26 AM
And when X says that you know its true!!! ;)

Phin-Phan 66
04-04-2010, 06:02 AM
Nobody is doubting Dez the ballplayer. If he didn't have a few question marks - he would prolly be gone before our pick at 12.

Clipse
04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
The guy is dumb as a box of rocks, plain and simple. You can try to paint him as a victim all you want too, still doesn't change the fact that he isn't too smart, possesses bad judgment, and is a diva.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-04-2010, 08:33 AM
The guy is dumb as a box of rocks, plain and simple. You can try to paint him as a victim all you want too, still doesn't change the fact that he isn't too smart, possesses bad judgment, and is a diva.

I guess you did not read the article.
He sure is smart enough to get into college and also Frank Gore has a learning disability and he is still very good. Bad Judgment? Diva? How please explain. I wanna here this!!!
DEZ HATER!!!

dr.jake
04-05-2010, 12:51 AM
issues???? he didn't play a down last season. (and not becuz of injury). it's definitely an issue. the dude has the all the trappings of a major league headcase prima donna locker room time bomb. that alone gives me pause...

39wildman
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
you name a player who have not miss practice. football is not a easy game. to be the best wr in your class that say a lot. cb davis was best in his class last yr.

SRM
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
The guy has his issues but he isn't a diva. It's just ignorant to call him that. Is he screaming at the QB and the staff? Is he accusing people taking sides against him? Is he dividing locker rooms apart? No.

This is the same thing as people saying someone is a thug because they did something wrong. At least look into things before you start throwing labels around.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
I agree 100 percent with SRM and his issues are small. People were saying the exact same thinkg about Vontae and look how he turned out to be.

dougfinsfan72
04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
The guy has great hands, runs good routes, is tough, and has great balance (see his Pro Day Workout of him slipping but never falling and still catching the ball)!!

One thing that troubled me and showed itself during his Pro Day Workout and I didn't know about it prior to reading the newspaper story is his problems controlling his anger.

On one route he was thrown a difficult pass, he stretched out and made a great catch, fell to the ground, rolled, and quickly got back on his feet. Instead of being happy at making a great catch he had this angry look on his face and said something that didn't seem nice and tossed the ball back with a little attitude. I'm not sure if it was grass burn from not wearing a shirt but his reaction worried me and I thought that was more worrisome than his 40 time.

I wish him the best and hope he's able to channel his anger in the right direction and becomes a successful NFL WR and a better person. Possibly with the Miami Dolphins.

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 10:44 AM
2nd team all Big 12 academically is not exactly being dumb as a box of rocks. Additionally, he is not a diva and what bad judgement has he displayed?